Windows 10: Double headed VGA cable

Discus and support Double headed VGA cable in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Got this double headed VGA cable and plan on putting the single head into the GPU while putting one of the double heads in the PSU, can i do that? like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by VERX, Oct 27, 2020.

1. VERX Win User

Double headed VGA cable

Got this double headed VGA cable and plan on putting the single head into the GPU while putting one of the double heads in the PSU, can i do that? like so:

Double headed VGA cable IMG-0080.jpg

:)

2. HDMI to VGA cable issue

I have laptop ASUS S510UQR model installed windows 10.

This laptop have HDMI port only so i use HDMI to VGA cable to connect to external monitor (projector) having VGA port.

It works fine until i update windows 10.

Normally, when i plug HDMI to VGA port to laptop, a sound will appear and i could see external monitor when i open Intel UHD graphic control panel.

But now it does not happen.

It works fine if i use HDMI to HDMI cable, meaning that the HDMI in laptop is OK.

I use my HDMI to VGA cable for other laptop, it is OK (meaning that the HDMI to VGA cable is OK)

I did try the following steps:

- uninstall graphic driver and reinstall graphic driver using device manager.

- Go to Asus website to download graphic driver and BIOS to update.

- Finally reinstall a fresh windows 10

This issue still happen.

Could someone please help me to solve this problem?

Thank you very much for your time.

N.K. Quang

NGO KHOA QUANG, Oct 27, 2020
  3. bobkn Win User
    SVGA cable backward compatible to VGA components?

As far as I know, there is no such thing as an SVGA cable. VGA cables all use 15 pin mini D connectors (3 rows of 5 pins). Maybe the maker says "SVGA" to suggest that it'll support higher resolutions than the traditional VGA (640X480), but the pinouts would be the same.

In other words, any VGA cable should be compatible, but they may vary in quality. Whether 25 feet is long enough to require an extra high-quality (shielded) cable, I don't know.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Not just software and Windows TEN but also things like TV's and DVD external players?". Do you have a TV with a VGA input port? (My Samsung KS8000 has only HDMI, USB, and one Ethernet port. It also does WiFi.)

I have never seen a DVD player with a VGA connection. The older ones have component or even composite video. The current standard is HDMI. (HDMI 2.0a for 4k BluRay with HDR.) I haven't seen every DVD player ever made, but I wouldn't expect VGA.

bobkn, Oct 27, 2020
  4. Double headed VGA cable

VGA Connection

I am trying to display my iPhone onto a LG TV that is connected to a PC using Windows 10. The phone is connected to the Apple lightening to VGA adapter cable and into the VGA cable that's plugged into the back of the computer. The connection will not display
    the iPhone, any suggestions?

Lauren Nielsen, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

Double headed VGA cable

1. Double headed VGA cable - Similar Threads - Double headed VGA

2. only analog connection VGA cable is working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    only analog connection VGA cable is working: After update to 22H2 my display can only be detected through VGA cable, I was using display port before update. uninstalling latest windows update22H2 wont get it to work again DP.i have both cables connected now but only Analog driver can be installed, if i remove the VGA...
  3. only analog connection VGA cable is working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    only analog connection VGA cable is working: After update to 22H2 my display can only be detected through VGA cable, I was using display port before update. uninstalling latest windows update22H2 wont get it to work again DP.i have both cables connected now but only Analog driver can be installed, if i remove the VGA...
  4. HDMI to VGA cable issue

HDMI to VGA cable issue: Hi there, recently when i was working with my PC, my monitor went black and started saying "power saving mode", after a few day and changing VGA cable and power cable, etc. I just understood that my HDMI to VGA cable was the issue.I just bought a new one from Asus brand, Now...
  5. USB to VGA Cable leads to Crash

USB to VGA Cable leads to Crash: Hey, I am using a USB to VGA cable for setrset up 3 monitor. The cable works fine after connection and it intallin the built in driver as well after that it asks for a restart. After restarting the PC the whole windows crashes with some long codes .Only way to get to normal...
  6. double click on the double headed arrow will not resize window

in Windows 10 Customization
    double click on the double headed arrow will not resize window: double click on the double headed arrow will not resize window https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click-on-the-double-headed-arrow-will-not/9f5fce8f-6909-4816-8498-917b43777936
  7. usb-c to vga cable

usb-c to vga cable: The USB - C to VGA cable isn't working - no display on monitor ? I bought this because the description said I didn't need to download a driver? can you help?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-c-to-vga-cable/d86e7ac4-ef56-423b-aa50-e72fc929ef4a
  8. HDMI to VGA cable issue

HDMI to VGA cable issue: I have laptop ASUS S510UQR model installed windows 10. This laptop have HDMI port only so i use HDMI to VGA cable to connect to external monitor (projector) having VGA port. It works fine until i update windows 10. Normally, when i plug HDMI to VGA port to laptop, a sound...
  9. double headed arrow

in Windows 10 Support
    double headed arrow: Does anyone know how to move a double headed arrow with thekeyboard? 126438
  10. Can't detect VGA cable

Can't detect VGA cable: Hello, i have a custom built PC and an LG monitor plugged in already for a while with HDMI. Now i got a second monitor (Dell) with VGA cable but Windows 10 says it can't detect the second monitor Any help? - Graphics card MSI GeForce GTX 970 4G - Thanks in...