Windows 10: Double key presses

Discus and support Double key presses in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently I have been getting double keypresses on every key randomly. Not every time do the keys double press, but it seems if the key hasn't been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DATBOI___, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Double key presses

Recently I have been getting double keypresses on every key randomly. Not every time do the keys double press, but it seems if the key hasn't been pressed in a while it sometimes double presses. I've tried changing keyboards, didn't work.
    I've tried updating and reverting drivers, didn't work.
    I've tried re-installing the keyboards' software, didn't work
    I've tried cleaning both keyboards, didn't work.

submitted by /u/DATBOI___
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DATBOI___, Sep 28, 2020
  2. jerbil Win User

Double quotes key requires second key press.

Thanks but the list is so confusing (it only shows non-shifted and none of the formats match (my) actual keyboard physically) and I am not sure if it is a selected Language or keyboard issue. I have now gone with English (United States) w/ UK Extended keyboard and English (United Kingdom) w/United Kingdom Keyboard, apart from five Bulgarian w/various keyboard options. The upshot is that using my Win+shift method of switching, I can never get the double quote back where it appears on the keyboard (it is always swapped with the @) which, in a sense, is fine because I never have to press a second key to get it to display and, as I used to have a 50/50 chance of hitting the correct key (" or @) , so long as I remember they are swapped, I can get it right 100% of the time.

jerbil, Sep 28, 2020
  3. manofthem Win User
    Booting without press any key

@dhievm go ahead and list the model number that gives exact specs/info.

Does it stop right at the Toshiba logo and sit there? Will it sit forever til you press a key, or will it eventually work after so long?

manofthem, Sep 28, 2020
  4. gvblake22 Win User

Double key presses

Windows 7 makes double when i hit on symbol keys

Double check the language settings, maybe some strange option is enabled in there that is causing this.
    • Click Start > Run
    • Type intl.cpl, press Enter
    • Click on the Keyboards and Language tab

gvblake22, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

Double key presses

1. Double key presses - Similar Threads - Double key presses

2. Keyboard typing double keys.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard typing double keys.: I'm having issues with my keyboard. Pressing certain keys types two keys. The key combos that do this are "v and g" gv "b and h" hb, and "m and spacebar" m . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-typing-double-keys/a7ed0c21-0891-48c2-ab52-3e73329bd764
  3. Keyboard Single and Double Quotation Key doesn't work when pressed once

Keyboard Single and Double Quotation Key doesn't work when pressed once: Hi -, I have purchased a brand new DELL INSPIRON MODEL 7591. The quotation key doesn't work when I press it once. But, when I press it twice, it appears twice. I have tried changing the "Settings -> Preferred Language" from "English India" to "English US" or "English...
  4. I have to double press the backspace key

I have to double press the backspace key: Hello, Since yesterday I sometimes can't type properly and already tried reinstalling my keyboard drivers etc. Then I realized, that the built-in on-screen keyboard from Microsoft isn't working as well. Now I know, that when I press the backspace key I have to press it again...
  5. The home key presses automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The home key presses automatically: Recently my Dell Inspiron 3542 started to bug out. The home key would press automatically (not physically). It is making work a nightmare. submitted by /u/RhythmJuneja [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ghg2ze/the_home_key_presses_automatically/
  6. Have to double press quotation mark to get it printed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Have to double press quotation mark to get it printed: It is really annoying that I have to press quotation mark twice or press another key to get it printed on the screen. Please, advise how to change this annoying behaviour....
  7. Pressing a Media Key "Presses" Another Key In Certain Programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pressing a Media Key "Presses" Another Key In Certain Programs: My problem is that pressing my media keys (volume up, down, play/pause, etc.) also does a certain function as of what another key does. Such as pressing the mute button would mute my PC, but would also "press" the D key. This probably doesn't make sense, but it does happen....
  8. Wrong key presses

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong key presses: I am trying to get used to a new keyboard. At bottom left it has Ctrl, Fn, Windows and Alt. When I go to press Ctrl-Alt, I accidentally press Ctrl-something else, either Fn or Windows. What do these combinations do, and how best to get out of the situation? One of these seems...
  9. Falsec key presses

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Falsec key presses: Soc basically whenever i press space it presses c and space at the same time and the same thing happens when i press c. I own a razer ornata chroma keyboard and am operating on windows 10. I had to edit this post but it sort of looks like this when itype. Hic myc namec isc...
  10. Double quotes key requires second key press.

in Windows 10 Support
    Double quotes key requires second key press.: I have four systems, each with a regular+cyrillic keyboard and have been using them for years with Windows 7 & 8.1, switching between the two formats, without a problem. As an aside, a couple of the systems, having bought them in Bulgaria, have non-English messages but the...