Windows 10: Double Monitor issues

Discus and support Double Monitor issues in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, My OS is windows 10 and PC architecture is attached in the photo. Due to my partner job and my online education, it is kinda of neccessary to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Nasrolah Maghsoodi, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Double Monitor issues

Hi,

My OS is windows 10 and PC architecture is attached in the photo.

Due to my partner job and my online education, it is kinda of neccessary to work with two monitors.

The problem is when I turn on PC or click to sleep the second monitor does not wake up and it shows: "VGA NO SIGNAL"

One of monitor cable is connected via VGA cable and the other with an adaptador due to single VGA input, When I changewd the adaptador it started working, but once at the end of my work I set to sleep and the other time I set to turn off.

maybe there is a conflict with double driver monitor, meaning I have two Asus monitor that they are iqual in everytrhing driver: ACPI x64 based PC.

I followed some steps from Microsoft help. such as finding and showing hidden drivers from device managar and also I tried to change the values in Registry editor with this rout:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TMM

Once with value 1 and the other one with zero. in both conditions after doing a reset, still my system is not able to show/ distinguish the second monitor.

I hope we can find a solution for this.

Regards,

Nassi.

:)

Nasrolah Maghsoodi, Apr 17, 2020

2. Double Monitor Setup is not connecting

Hi Yuri,

To setup dual monitors, I suggest you to press Windows + P keys
    and select Extend or the required option and check for status. If you are still unable to setup dual monitor, suggest you to update the Display Adapter driver by following the steps provided below and check for status.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Dell XPS 15.6 Monitor issues

Hi,

Monitors may not work as expected if the driver is not up-to-date. With this said, we suggest that you check if you have the latest drivers installed. In addition, we would like to ask some questions that may help us to isolate the issue.

• Does the external monitor work with your laptop before?
    • Have you tried to connect the external monitor to your desktop?
    • When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made to your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    We're looking forward to your response.

Katrina Men, Apr 17, 2020
  4. SamuelLV Win User

Double Monitor issues

'Generic PnP monitor' issue

Hello Angelica,

I would suggest you follow steps to update the monitor driver:

Press Windows + X keys

Choose Device manager

Click on Monitors

Right click on ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and click on update driver

Tap on Browse my computer for driver software

Tap on Let me pick from a list of available drivers

Choose ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and tap on Next

When you are done please restart the computer.

SamuelLV, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

Double Monitor issues

1. Double Monitor issues - Similar Threads - Double Monitor issues

2. how do i fix my double monitor issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i fix my double monitor issue?: I have just changed my primary monitor to my second, however my display settings show up on the second so i cant seem to scroll across to change them. i am stuck within a monitor which every application i click, it goes to my second which is inaccessible. when i changed the...
  3. how do i fix my double monitor issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i fix my double monitor issue?: I have just changed my primary monitor to my second, however my display settings show up on the second so i cant seem to scroll across to change them. i am stuck within a monitor which every application i click, it goes to my second which is inaccessible. when i changed the...
  4. Double click issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double click issue.: Every time after double clicking the folders or files, they were deleted and moved into trash. Then the computer started to pop up a window titled "Interrupted Actions". This issue happened after I installed the windows update which seems to be KB5014668 or KB5014697. Also,...
  5. Double click issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Double click issue.: Every time after double clicking the folders or files, they were deleted and moved into trash. Then the computer started to pop up a window titled "Interrupted Actions". This issue happened after I installed the windows update which seems to be KB5014668 or KB5014697. Also,...
  6. Double monitor setup is still causing issues.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Double monitor setup is still causing issues.: I have heard that you guys have already fixed the bug causing weird behavior in double monitor setups, however, I still believe the issues exists. Just now, my monitor randomly turned off for a few seconds, that my apps started behaving abnormally. This is an image of my...
  7. Double Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Double Monitor: Hello, I have an ASUS laptop and a monitor at home, I connect via Remote Desktop Connection to Office workstation. I have connected laptop to monitor with HDMI, but when I connect to VPN I just have same screen on both laptop and monitor. How can I use my laptop and...
  8. Mouse double click issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse double click issue: My mouse has been randomly double clicking. Usually after a little while of my computer running. I’m on an omen laptop and I don’t know how to fix it permanently. The only temp fix I’ve found is to restart my computer. Other than that I’m so lost. Please help. Thank you in...
  9. Trouble with double monitors

Trouble with double monitors: Hey, I just got a second monitor to connect up to my laptop. The second monitor is able to duplicate both the monitor works perfectly, but when I try to extend, the sharpness is all messed up and it's sorta blurry. The computer I'm using HP Elitebook 840 G1 has a 1366x768...
  10. Issue with double click and drag

Issue with double click and drag: Hi, I just bought surface laptop 2 and its working alright however, there is a small issue with double click and drag. whenever i try to double click and drag any folder or when i try to select font it doesn't work. could you please suggest me if there is any technical or...