Windows 10: Double Office Icons

Discus and support Double Office Icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, About a month ago, I got a new computer for university. The computer came in with a trail version of office, which I got rid of, and later... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlejandroGaCo, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Double Office Icons

Hello,

About a month ago, I got a new computer for university. The computer came in with a trail version of office, which I got rid of, and later installed it again, this time with the university credentials. The problem is that I have a pair of duplicate icons in my "All Programs" Menu and I can't seem to get rid of them. I have tried all folders for the start menu and the shortcut wont appear.

The files marked with new are the freshly installed office apps, while the one that don't have a "new" message are the icons/entries that I cant get rid off.

Thanks everyone, I hope you can help me.

Alejandro Garcia Cortez

Double Office Icons 3d2d0420-25e5-431e-9198-287cafd1b4e1?upload=true.png

:)

AlejandroGaCo, Aug 25, 2019

2. Double Click in Windows 10

Thank you for the information, Lee. To isolate this concern, we suggest that you boot the computer in

Safe Mode
    and check if you will still experience the same problem.

We also suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

• Right-click on Windows button
      > Control Panel.
    • From Control Panel navigate to Programs and Features and right-click on
      Microsoft Office.
    • Click on Change and then select
      Online Repair.
    • These steps will repair/reinstall Microsoft Office.
    • Once completed, make sure to restart the computer.

Note: This will repair the Microsoft Office installed on the computer.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Desiree Yau, Aug 25, 2019
  3. Florrian Win User
    Modify Microsoft Office Icons/Tiles

EDIT: only works for icons, not for tiles :/

Ok, I just found a way but it is not really straightforward. It consists in creating a shortcut toward a homonym application for each of the Microsoft Office programs, and then deleting the homonym application and renaming the real Microsoft Office program. If you create a shortcut directly to one of the program, you will not be able to modify the icon.

Step by step:
    1. Go in Microsoft Office folder (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15 for Windows 10 and Office 15)
    2. Rename EXCEL.EXE in EXCEL2.EXE, or any other application whose icon you want to edit
    3. Create a new text document (or whatever you like) on your desktop, and give it the initial name of the Office application you are working on (EXCEL.exe here)
    4. Move the fake file into the Office folder
    5. Create a shortcut toward the fake application on your desktop, and change shortcut icon (you will not be able to do it anymore after step 6)
    6. Delete the fake file in the Office folder, and give the real Office program its original name
    7. Pin your new shortcut to your Start menu

Florrian, Aug 25, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Double Office Icons

Thema:

Double Office Icons

1. Double Office Icons - Similar Threads - Double Office Icons

2. Double Click to open Taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double Click to open Taskbar icons: The subject says it all. I am used to double clicking everything and want to do the same on Taskbar icons. I tried switching to single-click on everything, but File Explorer underlines every file and folder when you choose single click., which I don't like, so back to double...
  3. Icon on taskbar become double

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon on taskbar become double: I have pinned the Google Chrome icon on taskbar. But after I click to open the Chrome, the icon become double and open new the chrome in the new icon. How to stop the icon from becoming double?I have attached the images. Please, have a look at it....
  4. desktop suddenly has doubled icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop suddenly has doubled icons: double icons on my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-suddenly-has-doubled-icons/21cdbdd3-47c1-4d81-ba99-c84b0ec0f53d
  5. Microsoft Edge Icon Doubling

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Icon Doubling: Hello, I have two identical computers used in a music production facility. Identical CPU (Intel i7-9700), identical RAM and amount of RAM (Corsair DDR4, 32GB) , identical graphics card (Nvidia GeForce GT 1030), identical OS and OS version (Windows 10, 1909 latest updates)...
  6. Microsoft Edge Icon Doubling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge Icon Doubling: Hello, I have two identical computers used in a music production facility. Identical CPU (Intel i7-9700), identical RAM and amount of RAM (Corsair DDR4, 32GB) , identical graphics card (Nvidia GeForce GT 1030), identical OS and OS version (Windows 10, 1909 latest updates)...
  7. Office 2010 double arrow icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Office 2010 double arrow icons: Hi, i have a little problem. I have installed 4 days ago Office 2010(32 bit) on my laptop and when i put the office 2010 icons on desktop, they appear with two blue arrows. How i can resolve it? [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  8. Double iTunes Icon when pinned

Double iTunes Icon when pinned: I know how to get around the double iTunes icon in Windows 8, unfortunately that doesn't seem to work on Windows 10, has anyone found another way? 10289
  9. Double Icons For iTunes 12.2.1 on Taskbar

Double Icons For iTunes 12.2.1 on Taskbar: I am using Windows 10240 and I have the latest iTunes 12.2.1 installed. I have it pinned to my taskbar but when I open it it creates a second icon for iTunes on the taskbar. I have tried unpinning and repinning both icons several times but that doesn't help. It always creates...
  10. Icons on desktop doubled

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons on desktop doubled: I have everal icons on my desktop. Some were short cut icons one day I started up my computer and they all doubled. I have no idea why. Does anyone have any idea what happened? 94865