Windows 10: Double sign-in required

Discus and support Double sign-in required in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I recently updated to Windows 10, version 1809, and I am getting the double sign-in request again even though I have turned off the option to "Use my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SHF26, Nov 21, 2018.

1. SHF26 Win User

Double sign-in required

I recently updated to Windows 10, version 1809, and I am getting the double sign-in request again even though I have turned off the option to "Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart."

:)

SHF26, Nov 21, 2018

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Nov 21, 2018
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    double image on sign-in

Hi John,

This issue may occur due to corrupted User Profile. For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you change your profile picture. If the issue persists, you can create a new User Profile to check if the issue reoccurs.

To create a user profile, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings. Click Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select the Add someone else to this PC tab.
    • Name the user as Test.
    • Leave the password field blank.
    • Hit Next.
    • Sign in as Test user.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Nov 21, 2018
  4. Double sign-in required

signing into microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us. We apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Accounts.
    • In the left pane, click on sign-in options.
    • In the right pane select Never from the drop down list for the option
      Require sign-in.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

Double sign-in required

1. Double sign-in required - Similar Threads - Double sign required

2. sign-in requirements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sign-in requirements: Hello,Before the last recent update of Windows I would sign into my account either with my fingerprint or with my PIN. Since some days after the update, every time I scan my finger successfully my PIN is also asked to unlock Windows. I checked the sign in requirements in the...
  3. sign-in requirements

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sign-in requirements: Hello,Before the last recent update of Windows I would sign into my account either with my fingerprint or with my PIN. Since some days after the update, every time I scan my finger successfully my PIN is also asked to unlock Windows. I checked the sign in requirements in the...
  4. sign-in requirements

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Require sign-in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Require sign-in: I'm unable to change when my password or PIN is required to sign in. This is frankly quite annoying as my computer never leaves my house and I wish to disable password sign-in. For context, no my user account control settings are not too high and no I am not providing my...
  6. Require sign-in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Require sign-in: I'm unable to change when my password or PIN is required to sign in. This is frankly quite annoying as my computer never leaves my house and I wish to disable password sign-in. For context, no my user account control settings are not too high and no I am not providing my...
  7. Require sign-in

8. Sign-in Requirement

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sign-in Requirement: I no longer want to "Sign In" to use my computer. How do I eliminate this step. Have tried to do so in Settings to no avail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-requirement/5a712ee9-c859-42a4-a5e3-b94625fe21a4
  9. Sign in Required

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sign in Required: Sign in Required pop up for any document I try to save. "we can't upload or download your changes because your cached credentials have expired". Removed the requirement for the pin and now the sign in button only reopens the prompt that sign in is required. The same issue...
  10. Require sign in

Require sign in: I am unable to change require sign in. That field is greyed out and says, Windows hello is preventing some options from being shown. How do I change this? This is on a computer I just purchased. Thank you....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. double sign-in required