Windows 10: Double start computer

Discus and support Double start computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have to restart my computer twice to get it to work. May have happen since the new Edge was installed. When I start I get the start screen picture... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rpwerner, Jul 6, 2020.

1. rpwerner Win User

Double start computer

I have to restart my computer twice to get it to work. May have happen since the new Edge was installed. When I start I get the start screen picture but the mouse moves jumpily and I can go no further. If I just restart the computer it works fine.

:)

rpwerner, Jul 6, 2020
  2. Roohi_Taj Win User

Mouse started double clicking on single click file randomly.

Hi KathZ,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)
    • Does this issue occur on a different mouse?

This issue happens, if there is mouse/hardware issue or it can be settings issue. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps as mentioned below:

Method 1: Restore the defaults.

1. Press Windows
      and E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Go to View tab on the top.
    3. Click on Options > Click on Change folder and Search options.
    4. Click on Restore Defaults.
      Click on Apply and Ok.

Method 2: Change the Mouse settings.

1. Click on the Settings icon from the start menu.
    2. Click on Devices > Click on Mouse from the left panel of the window.
    3. Click on Additional Mouse Options from the right pane.
    4. This will open the Mouse Properties window, go to Buttons tab.
    5. Under the Double click speed, drag the slider to the left to slow down the double click speed.
    6. Next, go to Pointer options tab, uncheck the "Enhance Pointer Precision" to
      disable pointer precision to slow down the mouse.

For more information, I would suggest you to follow the
    steps
    provided in the post on 'Windows 10 mouse has started double clicking on single click randomly'.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jul 6, 2020
  3. taward Win User
    One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Jul 6, 2020
  4. Double start computer

Double Click in Windows 10

Thank you for the information, Lee. To isolate this concern, we suggest that you boot the computer in

Safe Mode
    and check if you will still experience the same problem.

We also suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

• Right-click on Windows button
      > Control Panel.
    • From Control Panel navigate to Programs and Features and right-click on
      Microsoft Office.
    • Click on Change and then select
      Online Repair.
    • These steps will repair/reinstall Microsoft Office.
    • Once completed, make sure to restart the computer.

Note: This will repair the Microsoft Office installed on the computer.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Desiree Yau, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

Double start computer

1. Double start computer - Similar Threads - Double start computer

2. Keyboard Randomly Started Double Typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Randomly Started Double Typing: My keyboard was working fine earlier today but now it has started typing random characters and symbols before or after pressing specific keys. n types .n or n.p types upu types puj types ;j or ;j;7 types 700. types .n. Etc.Is there a fix for this? The keyboard is practically...
  3. Keyboard Randomly Started Double Typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Randomly Started Double Typing: My keyboard was working fine earlier today but now it has started typing random characters and symbols before or after pressing specific keys. n types .n or n.p types upu types puj types ;j or ;j;7 types 700. types .n. Etc.Is there a fix for this? The keyboard is practically...
  4. Double Pictures folder in This Computer, but the contents are the same

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Double Pictures folder in This Computer, but the contents are the same: Anyone can help me to restore it to normal again? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-pictures-folder-in-this-computer-but-the/b17ba610-72c8-4035-9ccc-94c16d21ce04
  5. 1 computer, 2 screen and double audio source

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    1 computer, 2 screen and double audio source: Hi... So, here what I want to do: I have a PC connected with 2 monitors. I want to play 2 differents videos on which monitor and I want the sound to be reproduced on differents sources. I have a on-board audio from the motherboard and I also have a speaker on one of my...
  6. computer will not start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer will not start: how do i find location of system image in network folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-will-not-start/5fac8948-4927-4c4c-a915-213c09b6fdd2
  7. Unable to start DVD in VLC with simple double-click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to start DVD in VLC with simple double-click: Hi, When I double-click the DVD drive (with a DVD in) it automatically opens PowerDVD15 which requires purchasing, now. I would like it to open in VLC, which I can do by right-clicking and clicking on 'Play with (etc.)'. I've tried to find a way to set the default to VLC,...
  8. Windows 10 double start menu settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 double start menu settings: I upgraded my PC from windows 7 to windows 10, but now I have a glitch where when I right click the start menu all the options are listed twice. dose anyone know what this is or how to fix it? I'm thinking its a registry issue, but I'd like a second opinion before I mess with...
  9. Double entries in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Double entries in start menu: Hi, I have the same problem in two different pc My start menu has some double entries (see picture) [img] and more I checked the start menu folders: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start...
  10. Microsoft doubles down on quantum computing bet

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft doubles down on quantum computing bet: Microsoft is doubling down on its commitment to the tantalizing field of quantum computing, making a strong bet that it is possible to create a scalable quantum computer using what is called a topological qubit. Longtime Microsoft executive Todd Holmdahl – who has a...