Windows 10: Double Trouble Local account User disappeared after clicking on "Forgot Pin" on a Microsoft...

Discus and support Double Trouble Local account User disappeared after clicking on "Forgot Pin" on a Microsoft... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I accidentally clicked on Forgot Pin, it showed that User Profiles service failed the sign in. It wasn't a big deal for me because I knew the pin,... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Blue Phoenix279, May 21, 2020.

1. Double Trouble Local account User disappeared after clicking on "Forgot Pin" on a Microsoft...

When I accidentally clicked on Forgot Pin, it showed that User Profiles service failed the sign in. It wasn't a big deal for me because I knew the pin, but it will become a big deal if you forget the pin. Worse to come, My dad's local and only user disappeared. His user data is still saved, and Settings and Control Panel say that his user exists as if nothing happened. Is there a way to fix User Profile service and reverse the disappearing of the local user?

:)

Blue Phoenix279, May 21, 2020

2. Forgot Local Password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and reset the password for the local account and check.

• Login in to your Microsoft account.

• Press Windows logo key + X key.

• Select Computer Management.

• Click on Local user and group.

• In the right window pane, double click on user’s folder.

• Right click on local user account and select set password and follow the on screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 21, 2020
  3. Problem When Right Clicking on Empty Area and Can't Change to Local Account from Microsoft Account

Hello Ray,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As per the issue description you are unable to use right click and change the Microsoft account to local account. I would suggest you to follow the steps provided below and see if it helps you to change the Microsoft account to local account.

Follow these steps to create a “Local User account”.

• Press “Windows key" or Start icon.
    • Type “users” without quotes in the search box.
    • Then select “Users” from the left panel.
    • You will get an option “Switch to a Local account” right below your user account name.
    • Select “Switch to a local account” option.
    • Enter the required details.
    • Then login to the local account and check how it works.

If issue persists try to create new user profile as an administrator and see if issue persists in new user profile. For creating new user profile you may refer to the steps provided below.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type control userpasswords2 and click OK

• Click on add under users tab

• Click the option, "Sign-in without a Microsoft account

• Click on Local account

• Choose a name for the account

• Add password if you want to

• Apply and click OK.

For more information you may refer to the article mentioned below and see if it helps.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, May 21, 2020
  4. Double Trouble Local account User disappeared after clicking on "Forgot Pin" on a Microsoft...

How to Change Microsoft user account to local user account

Hi Pchelpmenow,

At this situation, what I can suggest you is you have to convert the Microsoft user account to local user account.

• Log to the system using her user account.

• Go to settings and click on Accounts.

• Click on Your email and accounts and click on
      Sign-in with a local account instead.

• Enter the password, click on Next
      and follow the onscreen instruction to convert into local account.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result for further assistance.

Thank you.

Billion Debbarma, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Double Trouble Local account User disappeared after clicking on "Forgot Pin" on a Microsoft...

1. Double Trouble Local account User disappeared after clicking on "Forgot Pin" on a Microsoft... - Similar Threads - Double Trouble Local

2. local account pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    local account pin: I've forgotten the pin/password for my local account, how do I recover it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-account-pin/194f8588-4c2e-4862-ba43-444e3b45b199
  3. Forgot local account password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forgot local account password: I've logged out my email because I wanted to add my new one and now it asks me for my account password. I use a pin to log in to my computer. I set that password 4 years ago and never used it since I have a pin. I am trying to reset the password but i can't figure it out....
  4. Password That I Forgot Of Local Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password That I Forgot Of Local Account: i had signed with local account i dont remember password and well security questions..what can i do for it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-that-i-forgot-of-local-account/beba5caa-be69-4d2a-a136-792c9d2cb004
  5. local user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    local user account: how do I access the one that I created https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-user-account/ee6a2922-2dfb-4e0b-9944-70cfa2a5be8d
  6. User Accounts - double entry

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Accounts - double entry: When I start up a user called "John" appears,signs in automatically then a second "user" appears called "Carrot Museum", that signs in automatically, and I can start to work. Only one person uses this laptop. Screen shot of users screen attached shows (4th one down) John...
  7. forgot my password , local account

in Windows 10 Customization
    forgot my password , local account: I used to have the setting turned on so that every time my computer sleeps, i needed to enter a password. i turned it off so that i could just log in and out with 1 click, because i was planning to bring it into a repair shop for service, i did not want to have to tell them...
  8. Forgot Microsoft account password. Picture log in disappeared after up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Forgot Microsoft account password. Picture log in disappeared after up: Hi so my laptop recently automatically updated and I had previously created an microsoft account in order to use Cortana which was years ago. I forgot the password but luckily had picture sign in enabled. Unfortunately after the update the additional sign on options were no...
  9. double trouble

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    double trouble: I actually loved vista and when 8 and 8.1 came out I liked them too...now windows 10....I'm not so sure..Im not a techy..so to me I have to take hours to figure things out..searching and searching. immediate problem was..I noticed my Norton antivirus wasn't showing up on my...
  10. More local account trouble

in Windows 10 Support
    More local account trouble: After I succeeded to install W10TP with a local account - which we know is not obvious and probably impossible to do by most users - I now get nagged with IMPORTANT security alerts if I don't sign into the MS account. Does anybody know what the possible security issue with a...