Windows 10: Double Trouble Local account User disappeared after clicking on "Forgot Pin" on a Microsoft...

Discus and support Double Trouble Local account User disappeared after clicking on "Forgot Pin" on a Microsoft... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I accidentally clicked on Forgot Pin, it showed that User Profiles service failed the sign in. It wasn't a big deal for me because I knew the pin,... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Blue Phoenix279, May 21, 2020.

1. Double Trouble Local account User disappeared after clicking on "Forgot Pin" on a Microsoft...

When I accidentally clicked on Forgot Pin, it showed that User Profiles service failed the sign in. It wasn't a big deal for me because I knew the pin, but it will become a big deal if you forget the pin. Worse to come, My dad's local and only user disappeared. His user data is still saved, and Settings and Control Panel say that his user exists as if nothing happened. Is there a way to fix User Profile service and reverse the disappearing of the local user?

:)

Blue Phoenix279, May 21, 2020

2. Forgot Local Password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and reset the password for the local account and check.

• Login in to your Microsoft account.

• Press Windows logo key + X key.

• Select Computer Management.

• Click on Local user and group.

• In the right window pane, double click on user’s folder.

• Right click on local user account and select set password and follow the on screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 21, 2020
  3. Problem When Right Clicking on Empty Area and Can't Change to Local Account from Microsoft Account

Hello Ray,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As per the issue description you are unable to use right click and change the Microsoft account to local account. I would suggest you to follow the steps provided below and see if it helps you to change the Microsoft account to local account.

Follow these steps to create a “Local User account”.

• Press “Windows key" or Start icon.
    • Type “users” without quotes in the search box.
    • Then select “Users” from the left panel.
    • You will get an option “Switch to a Local account” right below your user account name.
    • Select “Switch to a local account” option.
    • Enter the required details.
    • Then login to the local account and check how it works.

If issue persists try to create new user profile as an administrator and see if issue persists in new user profile. For creating new user profile you may refer to the steps provided below.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type control userpasswords2 and click OK

• Click on add under users tab

• Click the option, "Sign-in without a Microsoft account

• Click on Local account

• Choose a name for the account

• Add password if you want to

• Apply and click OK.

For more information you may refer to the article mentioned below and see if it helps.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, May 21, 2020
  4. Double Trouble Local account User disappeared after clicking on "Forgot Pin" on a Microsoft...

How to Change Microsoft user account to local user account

Hi Pchelpmenow,

At this situation, what I can suggest you is you have to convert the Microsoft user account to local user account.

• Log to the system using her user account.

• Go to settings and click on Accounts.

• Click on Your email and accounts and click on
      Sign-in with a local account instead.

• Enter the password, click on Next
      and follow the onscreen instruction to convert into local account.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result for further assistance.

Thank you.

Billion Debbarma, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Double Trouble Local account User disappeared after clicking on "Forgot Pin" on a Microsoft...

1. Double Trouble Local account User disappeared after clicking on "Forgot Pin" on a Microsoft... - Similar Threads - Double Trouble Local

2. I forgot my pin to sign in with a local account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I forgot my pin to sign in with a local account: how to reset my PIN on my local account to sign into Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-pin-to-sign-in-with-a-local-account/477e93f7-7c7f-48d9-ab87-7de6fbe5f296
  3. I forgot my pin to sign in with a local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my pin to sign in with a local account: how to reset my PIN on my local account to sign into Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-pin-to-sign-in-with-a-local-account/477e93f7-7c7f-48d9-ab87-7de6fbe5f296
  4. I forgot my pin to sign in with a local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Local user account disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Local user account disappeared: There is no option to sign into a local account I had created on windows 10 on my laptop. It does not give me the option to log in nor switch to the account though it can still be viewed in my settings. I was on it but then when I locked the account and tried to get back on...
  6. Local user account disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local user account disappeared: There is no option to sign into a local account I had created on windows 10 on my laptop. It does not give me the option to log in nor switch to the account though it can still be viewed in my settings. I was on it but then when I locked the account and tried to get back on...
  7. Local user account disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Local user account disappeared and windows defaulted to admin account after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Local user account disappeared and windows defaulted to admin account after update: I have windows 10 and after restarting my PC yesterday, windows ran some updates, after which my main account disappeared and the system defaulted to admin account. I do not know the password to the admin account so I can no longer login and there is no option to change user,...
  9. Forgot Account Pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot Account Pin: Hi I have forgotten my pin to access my account its the only admin account on my pc and I am locked out. my account is connected to my Microsoft Account but when I click forgot pin the Microsoft window that appears is greyed out so can not type my details to reset my pin. is...
  10. Windows 10 - Local account forgot PIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 - Local account forgot PIN: Hi, I have installed Windows 10 Pro - Version 21H1 - Build 19043.1023 - Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3740.0 I wanna disconnect from my Microsoft Account and I wanna log with my local account. When I try to log in with my local account, Windows 10 ask me a PIN, I...