Windows 10: Double Typing on a Dell Laptop

Discus and support Double Typing on a Dell Laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So on Wednesday my laptop began acting really strange. Whenever I typed anything onto the google search bar it doubled typed like "Ttwwiitteerr" so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ThatrandomxxGuy, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Double Typing on a Dell Laptop

So on Wednesday my laptop began acting really strange. Whenever I typed anything onto the google search bar it doubled typed like "Ttwwiitteerr" so I used Firefox and it did the same thing however I noticed that it did not do that on Internet Explorer or Word. I already adjusted the keyboard properties and it's not that. Any idea of what it could be?

:)

ThatrandomxxGuy, Feb 18, 2019
  2. Josie23 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

These 7 steps allowed me to disable my touchpad (Dell laptop, Windows 10):

1. Win Start button
    2. Type in "device manager"
    3. Select Device Manager to open it
    4. Click down arrow to left of "Mice and other..." to expand
    5. Right click Dell Touchpad
    6. Disable device
    7. Yes

Double Typing on a Dell Laptop [​IMG]

Josie23, Feb 18, 2019
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

Support | Dell Deutschland

Namslas90, Feb 18, 2019
  4. nxavis9 Win User

Double Typing on a Dell Laptop

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

Double Typing on a Dell Laptop

1. Double Typing on a Dell Laptop - Similar Threads - Double Typing Dell

2. Laptop typing double accents for each stroke

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop typing double accents for each stroke: I use the kind of layout where you press the accent key then the letter you want to accent. For some time, every time I press the accent key my laptop writes two accents. This doesn't just create a second, annoying accent I don't need, it totally prevents me from assigning a...
  3. Laptop typing double accents for each stroke

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop typing double accents for each stroke: I use the kind of layout where you press the accent key then the letter you want to accent. For some time, every time I press the accent key my laptop writes two accents. This doesn't just create a second, annoying accent I don't need, it totally prevents me from assigning a...
  4. Keyboard Randomly Started Double Typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Randomly Started Double Typing: My keyboard was working fine earlier today but now it has started typing random characters and symbols before or after pressing specific keys. n types .n or n.p types upu types puj types ;j or ;j;7 types 700. types .n. Etc.Is there a fix for this? The keyboard is practically...
  5. Keyboard Randomly Started Double Typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Randomly Started Double Typing: My keyboard was working fine earlier today but now it has started typing random characters and symbols before or after pressing specific keys. n types .n or n.p types upu types puj types ;j or ;j;7 types 700. types .n. Etc.Is there a fix for this? The keyboard is practically...
  6. the keyboard is typing double characters

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the keyboard is typing double characters: [ATTACH] Hey everyone. Today my keyboard has started t2o type wrong or double characters as you can observe at first hand: . Before that, I cleaned up my lapt2op with alcohol as usual. Then I powered up and this began. As I c,a-n recall I did -not use force whatsoever. I...
  7. Keyboard typing double keys.

Keyboard typing double keys.: I'm having issues with my keyboard. Pressing certain keys types two keys. The key combos that do this are "v and g" gv "b and h" hb, and "m and spacebar" m . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-typing-double-keys/a7ed0c21-0891-48c2-ab52-3e73329bd764
  8. Double and triple typing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Double and triple typing: Many times when I type on my keyboard (on windows 10) it double or even triple types it. This is a very annoying bug for which I found 0 solutions so far. This is not a hardware problem, because I used the function key on my mouse to act as the button F, and using that...
  9. Can't type quotation marks single or double

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't type quotation marks single or double: I am using US Qwerty keyboard and English United States language pack. I have tried adding international keyboard and removing US keyboard. I have changed to different languages. I currently have to copy and paste the quote marks into a document. I saw many other users...
  10. Laptop keyboard typing double letters on certain keys

Laptop keyboard typing double letters on certain keys: My laptop keyboard is typing double letters on certain keys An example: t is t5, y is y6, [ is [-, and ] is ]\. Is there anyway to fix that problem?...