Windows 10: Double use of Ctrl+Space

Discus and support Double use of Ctrl+Space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. A family friend noticed a few days ago, that whenever he would select files/folders with Ctrl+Space, it would prompt him to the Search bar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Αλέξανδρος Αργυρόπουλος, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Double use of Ctrl+Space

Hello. A family friend noticed a few days ago, that whenever he would select files/folders with Ctrl+Space, it would prompt him to the Search bar immediately after pressing both buttons. He goes to the first file/folder as usual with the arrows, presses Ctrl, and holds it. Until he presses Space while holding Ctrl, nothing weird happens, but as soon as he selects the second file he wants, it prompts him to the Search bar of the File Explorer. The weird part is that, it occurs on both his desktop and a netbook that he has.Windows update was up-to-date, I didn't try to do anything with the langu

:)

Αλέξανδρος Αργυρόπουλος, Aug 15, 2022
  2. ARTZ_813 Win User

Microsoft To Do -- how to change from double spaced printing

I switched over from Wunderlist. Was able to print lists from Wunderlist, single spaced. To Do prints double spaced only, and there seems to be no way to change that. Anyone figure out how to change to single spaced? My first contact with Office support
    suggested making changes to the settings in Microsoft Word. I tried but that did not help with To Do. Second suggestion was to contact Windows support, suggesting it must then be something in Windows Settings. Wasn't able to get connected with Windows support,
    so just checking here if anyone has an answer on how to get To Do to print single spaced lists?

ARTZ_813, Aug 15, 2022
  3. WIn + space stopped working for me...

While CTRL + win + Space or Shift + win + space do work. What is funny is that when i press win + space it works like I only pressed space.

Win button is working for sure, checked it

Languages list is showing when ctrl or shiift is additionally pressed

Any suggestions?

ИванРоманчук, Aug 15, 2022
  4. Arghhhh! Win User

Double use of Ctrl+Space

Viewing File Explorer as single spacing instead of double spacing

No, the File Explorer in W10 continues to display file names in

a double-space format, such as the one I am typing

here. There is no way that I can find that will enable displaying them as

single spaced lines, and the one suggestion I got was not useful.

Kind of a useless "feature" don't you think, especially if you are

searching through a long list of files for one particular file.

Similarly, dropping color coding for all Office applications now deprives me

of a real feature that I have used to great effect for years and through several

versions of Windows and Office Outlook, especially in organizing Notes by categories, and Contacts by type.

Lastly, now I notice in Outlook Emails, the Delete, Respond, Read/Unread Toggle, Move, and Followup icons are no longer with each email (where there is PLENTY of room) to the right-hand margin, where one has to mouse over to them. Really? Perhaps someone
    could forward these observations/complaints to the graphics people who keep churning out unnecessary changes.

And I would really like to get these three elements back. I suppose some folks don't need the (for example) color coding, or mind (for example) the double spacing file lists. Why not put these decisions in the Options popup?

Thanks,

Arghhhh!, Aug 15, 2022
Thema:

Double use of Ctrl+Space

1. Double use of Ctrl+Space - Similar Threads - Double Ctrl+Space

2. Double click does not open documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double click does not open documents: I have Version 22H2OSBuild 19045.4170 when I double click my documents no longer open up. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click-does-not-open-documents/890ff505-0c0a-4811-a25b-4ada9432051d
  3. Double click does not open documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Double click does not open documents: I have Version 22H2OSBuild 19045.4170 when I double click my documents no longer open up. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click-does-not-open-documents/890ff505-0c0a-4811-a25b-4ada9432051d
  4. Double click does not open documents

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Does 'Restore & Backup Windows 7' Feature Require the External Backup to be Double the Main...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does 'Restore & Backup Windows 7' Feature Require the External Backup to be Double the Main...: Hello Windows and Microsoft friends.My Windows 11 Pro 23H2 build internal drive's capacity is 500GB but only about 260GB's filled up. The USB external drive is 500GB and is set to do the backup up, using the 'Backup and Restore Windows 7' feature, once a week. Whenever I...
  6. Does 'Restore & Backup Windows 7' Feature Require the External Backup to be Double the Main...

Does 'Restore & Backup Windows 7' Feature Require the External Backup to be Double the Main...: Hello Windows and Microsoft friends.My Windows 11 Pro 23H2 build internal drive's capacity is 500GB but only about 260GB's filled up. The USB external drive is 500GB and is set to do the backup up, using the 'Backup and Restore Windows 7' feature, once a week. Whenever I...
  7. Frequent double-bleeping suggesting dropped internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Frequent double-bleeping suggesting dropped internet connection: Frequently, when online, and often soon after starting Windows, I get recurring double-beeps, up/down, down-up which seem to indicate breaks in internet connectivity. It can't be the BT Hub, because my wife's PC is on the same wireless network and she's not getting the beep...
  8. Can I speak to an agent? I'm being double charged on my account monthly.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can I speak to an agent? I'm being double charged on my account monthly.: I have a history of being double charged on my account monthly. I need to speak to someone about this.* Changed to a question* Original title: can I speak to an agent...
  9. Double use of Ctrl+Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double use of Ctrl+Space: Hello. A family friend noticed a few days ago, that whenever he would select files/folders with Ctrl+Space, it would prompt him to the Search bar immediately after pressing both buttons. He goes to the first file/folder as usual with the arrows, presses Ctrl, and holds it....
  10. Double use of Ctrl+Space

Double use of Ctrl+Space: Hello. A family friend noticed a few days ago, that whenever he would select files/folders with Ctrl+Space, it would prompt him to the Search bar immediately after pressing both buttons. He goes to the first file/folder as usual with the arrows, presses Ctrl, and holds it....