Windows 10: Double User Libraries

Discus and support Double User Libraries in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After upgrading to 1903 from 1809, common Libraries (Documents, Pictures etc.) appear double in Windows Explorer left pane. I.e. a Document library... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by abax2000, Jun 5, 2019.

1. abax2000 Win User

Double User Libraries

After upgrading to 1903 from 1809, common Libraries (Documents, Pictures etc.) appear double in Windows Explorer left pane.

I.e. a Document library with a Document folder in it. Real content is enumerated and accessed from both.

Documents folder is also repeated under Pictures library!!!

This is on a machine with one drive only; Libraries and standard folders have never been moved/relocated.

Note: 1903 update was not through Insiders, but readily offered by Windows Update.

* Moved from insider

:)

abax2000, Jun 5, 2019

2. My User Folders are mismatched in Library

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the library folders are mismatched in Windows. We will help you.

Lets try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you do a system maintenance troubleshooter
    and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys and Go to control panel.
    • Select system and maintenance.
    • There select troubleshooting.
    • In troubleshooting, go to system and security and select
      run maintenance task.
    • Select system maintenance and follow the
      on screen instructions.
    Step 2: I also suggest you to
    try creating a new user account and check if issue persists.

Click on the below link to check how to create new user account linking a Microsoft account in Windows 10

Microsoft Support link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-microsoft-account

Note: Install all the pending updates after logging in to Microsoft account and check.

Keep us informed for any further queries. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Mohan B P Win User

Double User Libraries

Picture User Folder vs Library Picture Folder / Add to User folder

Hi,

Form the issue description, I realize that you are trying to view your pictures in the default pictures library. To do so, you have to change the location of the folder that contains your pictures to the default pictures library folder.

To view your pictures in the default pictures library, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right-click on the default Picture folder
      and click on Properties.

• Navigate to Location tab.

• Click on Move…. and select the folder that contains your pictures and click on
      Apply and then click on Ok.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further information on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

Double User Libraries

1. Double User Libraries - Similar Threads - Double User Libraries

2. Double users at login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double users at login: So I'm an issue with one of the computers at work where it has the users doubled. I've tried the common fixes for this issue but they aren't working. Also the duplicate users have a different login screen compared to the original.https://ibb.co/2hKy7x2I'm not sure why it's...
  3. Double users at login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Double users at login: So I'm an issue with one of the computers at work where it has the users doubled. I've tried the common fixes for this issue but they aren't working. Also the duplicate users have a different login screen compared to the original.https://ibb.co/2hKy7x2I'm not sure why it's...
  4. Double users at login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Double users at login: So I'm an issue with one of the computers at work where it has the users doubled. I've tried the common fixes for this issue but they aren't working. Also the duplicate users have a different login screen compared to the originals. https://ibb.co/qm3R8WLI'm not sure why it's...
  5. User library or User lib not found problem on my windows.

User library or User lib not found problem on my windows.: I've been trying to play my steam games but for some reason my computer keeps notifying me that my user library or User lib doesn't exist. I just want to know how to find it or make one that can make my games playable because it's really hard. Help me out with a way ASAP...
  6. User library or User lib not found problem on my windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User library or User lib not found problem on my windows.: I've been trying to play my steam games but for some reason my computer keeps notifying me that my user library or User lib doesn't exist. I just want to know how to find it or make one that can make my games playable because it's really hard. Help me out with a way ASAP...
  7. Library moved to an user folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Library moved to an user folder: So I wanted to move the "Saved games" (here it's Parties enregistrées) library, and I messed up, I applied it to an user folder, and I can't change it's location angain. My restoration point isn't working, and any bat file that "reset" that library arent working . Any ideas ?...
  8. Users and Local group not working : library not registered

Users and Local group not working : library not registered: Hi ! I currently have the following problem on 2 machines from my park maybe more, no clue yet how many : Users and Local Groups pannel shows an error about a Library not registered approx translation from french which shows "Bibliothèque non inscrite" [ATTACH] It stops...
  9. User Accounts - double entry

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Accounts - double entry: When I start up a user called "John" appears,signs in automatically then a second "user" appears called "Carrot Museum", that signs in automatically, and I can start to work. Only one person uses this laptop. Screen shot of users screen attached shows (4th one down) John...
  10. Double Users Folders after 10061

in Windows 10 Support
    Double Users Folders after 10061: Very odd. These look like bogus junction points (symbolic links) in my user directory. Got this after 10049 to 10061 update. Reverted back to 10049 and tried again, same. Clean install 10061 from ISO, same. Did not have this before on any builds. Have included a screenshot...