Windows 10: Double windows 10 installation files

Discus and support Double windows 10 installation files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed windows 10 from VISTA and when the pc did not respond after I installed all files, instead of shutting it down to start the process I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ADROSS, Feb 19, 2021.

1. ADROSS Win User

Double windows 10 installation files

I installed windows 10 from VISTA and when the pc did not respond after I installed all files, instead of shutting it down to start the process I RELOADED the installation files. This caused a double installation and seeing I deleted all partitions it installed twice on the same partition. I ran a double file finder from Microsoft on the //C. drive and it reported all files to be double. The PC is running extremely slow, and another telltale sign is you can see it flickering on commands twice. I installed Google chrome and it installed twice. I stopped one installation and x'd it out only for it to start back up again. I ended up in the programs removal seeing two google chromes installed. It takes forever to start up and simply typing takes forever. Starting Edge takes forever as well as Google chrome. There is NO files on the pc so nothing else can slow it down. It worked fast with windows Vista. How to delete the double files?

Some files are three. The Microsoft software can not delete these double files as it's locked. I can understand double files on separate partitions but not on one. One would think the second loading of files should simply have over-written the old ones. The way the PC is responding is exactly that, it does everything twice thus it's so painfully slow and has to go through double volume of installation files to get to the command it is given. Anyone knows how to delete these double locked files?

I'm considering scrapping the hard drive, already tried the other option of reloading windows 10, to no avail, that too took far longer than it should have. The double files remain. Any info on this would be appreciated.

:)

ADROSS, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

Double windows 10 installation files

1. Double windows 10 installation files - Similar Threads - Double installation files

2. Double spacing in file folders???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double spacing in file folders???: Recently switched to win11 and discovered that all my folder items are now double spaced.Is there a way to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-spacing-in-file-folders/05231bc2-6db6-45e5-88f2-bb1de2b65f9e
  3. Double spacing in file folders???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Double spacing in file folders???: Recently switched to win11 and discovered that all my folder items are now double spaced.Is there a way to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-spacing-in-file-folders/05231bc2-6db6-45e5-88f2-bb1de2b65f9e
  4. Windows 10 detected double gamepad??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 detected double gamepad??: Hi. I'm connecting 2 USB gamepads to my Win10 laptop to play some old games Neogeo with my son. It's no problem when i connect only 1 gamepad, but cannot play if connect both of them at the same time.The Game Controllers setting is showing that I have connected 4 Twin...
  5. Double payment on Windows 10 license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double payment on Windows 10 license: Yesterday I purchased 10 windows 10 licenses. I got the license too, but when I checked my bank account my card is charged twice for the 10 licenses. I checked with the bank and they confirmed the same. How to raise the refund....
  6. Double sound on the laptop (Windows 10)?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Double sound on the laptop (Windows 10)?: Hey guys since I got my laptop (Dell Latitude 5500 with win10 pro, intel UHD Graphics 620, Intel i7 (8.th gen.) and 16 GB DDR4 Ram), so from the beginning, everything comes out double so the sounds. I open something up and the sound comes out double with headphones too. What...
  7. double clicking on a file in file explorer

double clicking on a file in file explorer: when I double click on a file in file explorer the file comes up and so does a blank file in Word. How can I stop the empty file from coming up?...
  8. Doubles of Windows sound files

Doubles of Windows sound files: I have doubles of all Windows sound files - one copy in Windows/Media and another in C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-shell-sounds_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.17134.1_none_fc93088a1eb3fd11 Is that normal? Can I erase one? Which one? Thank you!...
  9. Windows 10: bat files not being run when double clicked

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10: bat files not being run when double clicked: Hi, somethings has been changed in my win10 64b pro (Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17763.134]) box, and now I have issues with bat files: When I double click on them, I get a cmd, empty that shows up for a couple of seconds, and then closes. The .bat is NOT run Of I open...
  10. Double successful instalation of KB4100403

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Double successful instalation of KB4100403: Above mentioned update was done on 24/05/18. Today again it was successfully installed. See update1.png and update2.png attached. [img] [img] Why this happens? 112050