Windows 10: Doubles of Windows sound files

Discus and support Doubles of Windows sound files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have doubles of all Windows sound files - one copy in Windows/Media and another in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sarra Lev, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Sarra Lev Win User

Doubles of Windows sound files

I have doubles of all Windows sound files - one copy in Windows/Media and another in C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-shell-sounds_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.17134.1_none_fc93088a1eb3fd11

Is that normal? Can I erase one? Which one?

Thank you!

:)

Sarra Lev, Jan 3, 2019
  2. arjfca Win User

looking for a double beep sound

Hello

Is there a double beep sound available in Windows that I could access? If not, any site to suggest one to download

Martin

arjfca, Jan 3, 2019
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Doubles of Windows sound files :p

cadaveca, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Doubles of Windows sound files

No sound from speakers after upgrading to Windows 10.

Hi Charles,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below:

Update all your audio drivers.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

• Double-click on the Sound card.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Update.

• Restart the computer and check.
    If this does not work you might have to Uninstall and then reinstall your drivers in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps to uninstall and reinstall the driver.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

• Double-click on the Sound card.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall your audio driver from Manufacturer's Website in Compatibility mode.

• Restart your system
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

Doubles of Windows sound files

1. Doubles of Windows sound files - Similar Threads - Doubles sound files

2. Double spacing in file folders???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double spacing in file folders???: Recently switched to win11 and discovered that all my folder items are now double spaced.Is there a way to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-spacing-in-file-folders/05231bc2-6db6-45e5-88f2-bb1de2b65f9e
  3. Double spacing in file folders???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Double spacing in file folders???: Recently switched to win11 and discovered that all my folder items are now double spaced.Is there a way to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-spacing-in-file-folders/05231bc2-6db6-45e5-88f2-bb1de2b65f9e
  4. Sound: Playback: double devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound: Playback: double devices: I'm seeing these in my Windows Sound: Playback area. It may be because I had the HDMI Plugged into other HDMI outputs on the same monitor? IDK but I just want to get the one below the top one that actually works gone.Not entirely sure how to do that. Reason for this?; Because...
  5. Sound: Playback: double devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound: Playback: double devices: I'm seeing these in my Windows Sound: Playback area. It may be because I had the HDMI Plugged into other HDMI outputs on the same monitor? IDK but I just want to get the one below the top one that actually works gone.Not entirely sure how to do that. Reason for this?; Because...
  6. Sound: Playback: double devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Double windows 10 installation files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Double windows 10 installation files: I installed windows 10 from VISTA and when the pc did not respond after I installed all files, instead of shutting it down to start the process I RELOADED the installation files. This caused a double installation and seeing I deleted all partitions it installed twice on the...
  8. Double sound on the laptop (Windows 10)?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Double sound on the laptop (Windows 10)?: Hey guys since I got my laptop (Dell Latitude 5500 with win10 pro, intel UHD Graphics 620, Intel i7 (8.th gen.) and 16 GB DDR4 Ram), so from the beginning, everything comes out double so the sounds. I open something up and the sound comes out double with headphones too. What...
  9. double clicking on a file in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    double clicking on a file in file explorer: when I double click on a file in file explorer the file comes up and so does a blank file in Word. How can I stop the empty file from coming up?...
  10. looking for a double beep sound

in Windows 10 Support
    looking for a double beep sound: Hello Is there a double beep sound available in Windows that I could access? If not, any site to suggest one to download Martin 37676