Windows 10: Doubling battery power of consumer electronics

Discus and support Doubling battery power of consumer electronics in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; An MIT spinout is preparing to commercialize a novel rechargable lithium metal battery that offers double the energy capacity of the lithium ion... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Doubling battery power of consumer electronics

Read more: Doubling battery power of consumer electronics | MIT News

:)

Brink, Aug 16, 2016

2. n95..battery life..

This bit is really interesting, specially if its any time soon, id love to swap my battery for something with a bit more oomph.

------------------------------------------------------------

Wolfgang Gruener at TG Daily wrote at may 8th, 2007:

Researchers of the Department of Energy's Argonne National Laboratory claim to have developed an enhanced approach to building of rechargeable lithium-ion batteries.According to a press release, the technology could be used in virtually all lithium-based rechargeable
    batteries – and improve the battery life for example in consumer electronics, laptops, medical devices and even hybrid electric vehicles.

It was unclear if and when the technology could go into mass production. But specifications seem to indicate a possible doubling of capacity.

crea2k---01, Aug 16, 2016
  3. doechr Win User
    Nokia 6300 battery life

First, it is a good idea to halve the claimed battery life for any electronic consumer product.

Second, if you discharge and fully charge the battery a few times when it is new, it will improve significantly.

Check that you are not in an area of weak signal. Leaving a phone on standby in such a situation runs the battery down very quickly.

doechr, Aug 16, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

Thanks, Shawn: great stuff. I've also been reading about wrapping LiO batteries in graphene, which is supposed to help with energy density and quick recharge. I think we're in for some interesting technology changes over the next 10 years or so.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Aug 16, 2016
  5. linw Win User
    Sorry for the skepticism, but is this just another one of those "battery breakthrough" announcements that never eventuate? Helps keep funds coming in I suppose.

On the other hand, I wish them great success!

6. I'll be waiting for the 18650 form of the new battery which has many applications other then smart phones! Security guards carry those high lum flashlights now seen available by mail order as well as other types of devices where seeing the life extended as far as the working battery time will cut down the need for all those additional batteries while charging the others.

Extending battery time is also cruticial for those constantly on the go. Bringing up the battery time for a tablet if not laptop from either the 2hr. or 4hr. time to 8-10hrs. would be a task well done.

In other MIT news lately another brain storm seems to be forthcoming.

see full report

Night Hawk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Doubling battery power of consumer electronics - Similar Threads - Doubling battery power

2. Power & battery don't record battery levels consumed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power & battery don't record battery levels consumed: Hello everyone,My Windows no long collects data on battery consumption.Troubleshoot and sfc can't detect problem.Please help me find out how to solve this.Thanks....
  3. Power & battery don't record battery levels consumed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power & battery don't record battery levels consumed: Hello everyone,My Windows no long collects data on battery consumption.Troubleshoot and sfc can't detect problem.Please help me find out how to solve this.Thanks....
  4. Battery & Power

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery & Power: Hello, So when my laptop battery is low and turns blank, and I charge it before it completely shuts down, the Screen will still remain blank but it's still on....the screen won't come back on even though it's charging...I will have to shut it down with the power button and...
  5. Battery power

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery power: I have a Samsung Book S, the battery only charges to 85% power. How can I increase this to 100% charge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-power/1edd3839-5467-45c6-967b-5f0a9586885d
  6. power and battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    power and battery: windows get abruptely off when battery reaches below 70 to 75%. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-and-battery/221b44a1-01e3-4bd6-af2f-e0f9b0e89db3
  7. battery power

battery power: how much percentage do I charge my laptop battery in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-power/f0cf560f-b076-466c-aa6d-6077921c4469
  8. Reporting bugs as both a developer and consumer electronics manufacturer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reporting bugs as both a developer and consumer electronics manufacturer: I have a paid developer account and work for a consumer electronics company that makes Windows-compatible devices. A recent Windows 10 update has broken our device compatibility due to erroneous driver selection. How am I supposed to report this to Microsoft? I've reported...
  9. Battery Power

Battery Power: Battery power shows 100% but when I unplug, laptop turns off. Replaced battery twice, power cord still does it. Is there a charging malfuntion problem or is there a fixit available?...
  10. Power and battery

in Windows 10 Support
    Power and battery: I just had a black screen; all I could see was the mouse arrow. I researched on my other laptop and discovered it's a common problem with Win10. I tried a few recommended things but nothing happened: black screen and mouse. For some reason I got it into my head to remove the...