Windows 10: Doubling keystrokes on US keyboard

Discus and support Doubling keystrokes on US keyboard in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! I am running Windows 10, 64 bit and a few months ago my parentheses and quotation mark keys started typing two characters with one keystroke. No... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CourtLynne, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Doubling keystrokes on US keyboard

Hello! I am running Windows 10, 64 bit and a few months ago my parentheses and quotation mark keys started typing two characters with one keystroke. No other keys, just those two.

I do NOT have an international keyboard installed, all of my region settings are set to USNOT international. Since every suggestion for this issue is "remove international keyboards" and I don't have one installed, I went ahead and took the suggestion of installing an international keyboard yesterday, made it default, then removed it and made US default again. After doing that, it is now doubling [ and } keys as well as the parentheses and quotations.

I'm at a loss. What else could cause this?

:)

CourtLynne, Apr 11, 2021
  2. Cast Win User

Beep and double keystroke

Try the combination of Fn + F11. Another option in adding the configuration of a new keyboard (to have the real configuration).

Add the new configuration in your language, here:
    Control Panel\Clock, Language, and Region\Language

Doubling keystrokes on US keyboard [​IMG]

3. Missing or double keystrokes

Have a Lenovo 110-15ISk IdealPad running Windows 10 Creator. lately been experiencing missing keystrokes or even some keys double up at times. The Lenovo forum also has a long thread on Y700 series with same issues. Thought I would post this on Windows
    forum too. Keyboards on some of these have been replaced but not solved the problem. Also I have ran Ubuntu as a OS on PC with issues in Windows with same results. So if the keyboard is not the problem, one has to wonder if its motherboard, firmware, or something
    else? Anyone else with Lenovo's having issues like this?

jescott418, Apr 11, 2021
  4. Doubling keystrokes on US keyboard

Missing or double keystrokes

Hi,

For us to isolate your concern with your keyboard, we would like to know the following

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (i.e., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

Doubling keystrokes on US keyboard

1. Doubling keystrokes on US keyboard - Similar Threads - Doubling keystrokes keyboard

2. Keyboard keystroke problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard keystroke problem: Hello, today I've experienced a nightmare. Whenever I type something, it automatically adds "\" after it. For instance, when I press "a" it shows "a\". When I go to the key test, it shows that I press F9, \, and -> at the same time, although I don't. I have been trying...
  3. Keyboard keystroke problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard keystroke problem: Hello, today I've experienced a nightmare. Whenever I type something, it automatically adds "\" after it. For instance, when I press "a" it shows "a\". When I go to the key test, it shows that I press F9, \, and -> at the same time, although I don't. I have been trying...
  4. Keyboard keystroke problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard keystroke problem: Hello, today I've experienced a nightmare. Whenever I type something, it automatically adds "a" after it. For instance, when I press "a" it shows "a". When I go to the key test, it shows that I press F9, , and -> at the same time, although I don't. I have been trying numerous...
  5. Double keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double keyboard?: I have multiple languages and keyboards installed on my laptop.I have ENG United States with an US keyboardITA with an IT keyboardNOB with a Norwegian keyboard.I don't understand why when I installed the Swedish language pack I now have:SWE Sweden with a SV keyboard BUT...
  6. Double keyboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Double keyboard?: I have multiple languages and keyboards installed on my laptop.I have ENG United States with an US keyboardITA with an IT keyboardNOB with a Norwegian keyboard.I don't understand why when I installed the Swedish language pack I now have:SWE Sweden with a SV keyboard BUT...
  7. Computer repeating keystroke with no keyboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer repeating keystroke with no keyboard.: Hello, I have searched for hours and have not seen any situation like this.The computer repeats the "Y" key in any text box indefinitely. Even with no keyboard attached.I have tried-with no keyboard attached to desktop-in safe mode-keyboard troubleshooter -uninstalling...
  8. Computer repeating keystroke with no keyboard.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer repeating keystroke with no keyboard.: Hello, I have searched for hours and have not seen any situation like this.The computer repeats the "Y" key in any text box indefinitely. Even with no keyboard attached.I have tried-with no keyboard attached to desktop-in safe mode-keyboard troubleshooter -uninstalling...
  9. Keyboard Keystrokes no response

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard Keystrokes no response: Keyboard keystrokes don't work or take repeated input and then repeat multiple times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-keystrokes-no-response/3e360f8a-baab-4ae8-9183-dd54cbe3415c
  10. Beep and double keystroke

in Windows 10 Support
    Beep and double keystroke: Hi, I have windows 10 on my acer aspire ES 15 laptop. I have encountered an issue where whenever I key a letter or number my laptop beeps and the letter or number i type appears twice. Locking the modifier key in sticky keys does nothing. Turning on the filter keys prevents...