Windows 10: Doubt about factory reset

Discus and support Doubt about factory reset in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was planning to sell my laptop, and preparing it for, if i made a factory reset there is a way to the person who will buy it see the last time it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hotsaucebr, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Doubt about factory reset

I was planning to sell my laptop, and preparing it for, if i made a factory reset there is a way to the person who will buy it see the last time it was logged? And there is a chance of my data stay on the ssd ?

submitted by /u/Hotsaucebr
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hotsaucebr, Nov 7, 2020
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Nov 7, 2020
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Nov 7, 2020
  4. Doubt about factory reset

Factory reset

Hello darrylwelch,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

If factory reset doesn't works, I suggest you to make clean install.

Please refer this step-by-step guide:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-make-clean-ins...

Hope this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya [Directly], Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

Doubt about factory reset

1. Doubt about factory reset - Similar Threads - Doubt factory reset

2. About Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About Factory Reset: I Just need to know that What happens when I do factory reset my PC? Does the Lisence of windows 11 which was free during the purchase of pc should be buyed now?Does factory reset cost me the microsoft home and student 2021 and windows 11?...
  3. About Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About Factory Reset: I Just need to know that What happens when I do factory reset my PC? Does the Lisence of windows 11 which was free during the purchase of pc should be buyed now?Does factory reset cost me the microsoft home and student 2021 and windows 11?...
  4. About factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About factory reset: If my ldell aptop came with windows 11 pre installed but the service center downgrade it to windows 10. After some time i installed clean windows 11. If i do dell factory reset which windows i get windows 10 or windows 11??...
  5. About factory reset

About factory reset: If my ldell aptop came with windows 11 pre installed but the service center downgrade it to windows 10. After some time i installed clean windows 11. If i do dell factory reset which windows i get windows 10 or windows 11??...
  6. Question about Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Factory Reset: If I factory reset my computer will the data be lost on the same account of a different pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-factory-reset/5332ed5e-13b9-4e1d-aeb7-900f16571396
  7. Question about Factory Reset

Question about Factory Reset: If I factory reset my computer will the data be lost on the same account of a different pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-factory-reset/5332ed5e-13b9-4e1d-aeb7-900f16571396
  8. Doubt about preview

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Doubt about preview: if i download stable version of update. Will our preview notice disappear? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/doubt-about-preview/6350cba6-1470-450a-915a-fa5eb4034d06
  9. a simple question about Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    a simple question about Factory Reset: I have messed up some default permissions and paths... after trying bunch of stuff I was unable to change everything back to normal. So I'm going for a Reset. If I choose Keep My Personal Data when reseting windows, what will be kept and what will be erased? I'm mainly...
  10. Doubt about Macrium image size

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Doubt about Macrium image size: Hi, I have Macrium free installed and I have made an image of my system disk. It has approximately 85 Gb occupied on 4 partitions. The copy is apparently correct. My doubt is that the image file size is only about 32 Gb. The compression level in the configuration is medium....