Windows 10: Doubt about Macrium image size

Discus and support Doubt about Macrium image size in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi, I have Macrium free installed and I have made an image of my system disk. It has approximately 85 Gb occupied on 4 partitions. The copy is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Pilovar, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Pilovar Win User

Doubt about Macrium image size

Hi, I have Macrium free installed and I have made an image of my system disk. It has approximately 85 Gb occupied on 4 partitions. The copy is apparently correct. My doubt is that the image file size is only about 32 Gb. The compression level in the configuration is medium. Is it normal so much difference in size?

:)

Pilovar, Oct 9, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Doubt about Macrium image size [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Oct 9, 2019
  3. W1zzard Win User
    Increase image file upload size cap

that's a good idea

W1zzard, Oct 9, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Macrium Reflect and SSD drive

Here's an easy way to do it, With your SSD connected.

1. If not already done. Create a backup image of your current Windows HD. From Macrium, click on "Create an image of the partition(s) required to backup and restore Windows"
      NOTE: you could actually clone the disk, but create a backup then restore will allow Macrium to correctly align the cluster size and perform trimming on the new SSD.
    2. After step 1 is done, click on Restore tab, select the image from step 1 then click on Select different target disk, select the SSD as destination disk then click on Next->Finish. No need to use/boot from Rescue disk. It will be faster and Macrium will also perform trimming on the new SSD.
    3. Disconnect the HD and reboot. Windows should boot up with the new SSD.

topgundcp, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Doubt about Macrium image size - Similar Threads - Doubt Macrium image

2. Small Doubt about Optical mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Small Doubt about Optical mouse: I Use a Logitech Optical mouseIf I use it, the battery meter in My Windows 11 skips some percentages i.e. when suddenly from 25% battery, it slides to 5% and goes to locking HibernatesBut is i use my laptop without the outer mouse , the battery shows meAnd the battery reduces...
  3. Small Doubt about Optical mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Small Doubt about Optical mouse: I Use a Logitech Optical mouseIf I use it, the battery meter in My Windows 11 skips some percentages i.e. when suddenly from 25% battery, it slides to 5% and goes to locking HibernatesBut is i use my laptop without the outer mouse , the battery shows meAnd the battery reduces...
  4. Doubt about preview

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Doubt about preview: if i download stable version of update. Will our preview notice disappear? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/doubt-about-preview/6350cba6-1470-450a-915a-fa5eb4034d06
  5. Doubts about changing the booting device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Doubts about changing the booting device: I am currently thinking about "moving" W10 from my HD to a SSD. I have done some research and I would have to do a fresh install as the OS isn't in a separeted partition and the SSD doesn't have enought space for a copy of everything. Now, I am not quite sure about some...
  6. Macrium Reflect image size has increased unaccountably

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect image size has increased unaccountably: I have a desktop PC and a DELL laptop both running Windows 10 Home, 20H2 build 19042.630. I use Macrium Reflect Free v7.3.5321 to create images on both machines. The DT is my main device on which I save all my files and Restore Points are enabled so I expect the image file...
  7. About Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    About Macrium Reflect: Hello, Today while running Macrium to make system full backup, I noticed that a third disk (G) is Red. As far as I can remember, it was always Blue like the others. The disk is fine, everything on it is readable. Can somebody tell me why its red ? Attached screenshot. Note:...
  8. Doubt about factory reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Doubt about factory reset: I was planning to sell my laptop, and preparing it for, if i made a factory reset there is a way to the person who will buy it see the last time it was logged? And there is a chance of my data stay on the ssd ? submitted by /u/Hotsaucebr [link] [comments]...
  9. Doubts about nvidia's new driver.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Doubts about nvidia's new driver.: The new Nvidia driver is here, but I have some doubts that I would like to be clarified:1. Is it valid for Windows 10 1909 version or is it only for 2004?2. Why doesn't Windows Update offer it?3. Would it be valid for my card, a Gigabyte GeForce GT 1030 graphics card?4. Is it...
  10. Doubts about nvidia's new driver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Doubts about nvidia's new driver.: The new Nvidia driver is here, but I have some doubts that I would like to be clarified:1. Is it valid for Windows 10 1909 version or is it only for 2004?2. Why doesn't Windows Update offer it?3. Would it be valid for my card, a Gigabyte GeForce GT 1030 graphics card?4. Is it...