Windows 10: Doubt about Macrium image size

Discus and support Doubt about Macrium image size in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi, I have Macrium free installed and I have made an image of my system disk. It has approximately 85 Gb occupied on 4 partitions. The copy is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Pilovar, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Pilovar Win User

Doubt about Macrium image size

Hi, I have Macrium free installed and I have made an image of my system disk. It has approximately 85 Gb occupied on 4 partitions. The copy is apparently correct. My doubt is that the image file size is only about 32 Gb. The compression level in the configuration is medium. Is it normal so much difference in size?

:)

Pilovar, Oct 9, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Doubt about Macrium image size [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Oct 9, 2019
  3. W1zzard Win User
    Increase image file upload size cap

that's a good idea

W1zzard, Oct 9, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Macrium Reflect and SSD drive

Here's an easy way to do it, With your SSD connected.

1. If not already done. Create a backup image of your current Windows HD. From Macrium, click on "Create an image of the partition(s) required to backup and restore Windows"
      NOTE: you could actually clone the disk, but create a backup then restore will allow Macrium to correctly align the cluster size and perform trimming on the new SSD.
    2. After step 1 is done, click on Restore tab, select the image from step 1 then click on Select different target disk, select the SSD as destination disk then click on Next->Finish. No need to use/boot from Rescue disk. It will be faster and Macrium will also perform trimming on the new SSD.
    3. Disconnect the HD and reboot. Windows should boot up with the new SSD.

topgundcp, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Doubt about Macrium image size - Similar Threads - Doubt Macrium image

2. Doubts about csenabled behaviuor over different laptops

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Doubts about csenabled behaviuor over different laptops: Hi, i have recently purchased 2 laptops, an acer spin 3 and an asus zenbook. I ususally create oj every machine custom power plans, for example one called "download" which is essentially a low consumption plan with 1 minute screen turning off but preventing PC from ever going...
  3. Doubt about "Safely remove hardware" icon.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Doubt about "Safely remove hardware" icon.: Hi everyone. A few months ago I had this problem. My "safely remove hardware" icon was missing. Some members tryed to help and, somehow, I figured out to solve that uninstalling USB devices. Well, since October Update 2018 this happened again. That icon is missing... BUT,...
  4. Doubt about "Safely remove hardware" icon.

in Windows 10 Support
    Doubt about "Safely remove hardware" icon.: Hi everyone. A few months ago I had this problem. My "safely remove hardware" icon was missing. Some members tryed to help and, somehow, I figured out to solve that uninstalling USB devices. Well, since October Update 2018 this happened again. That icon is missing... BUT,...
  5. Macrium image mystery

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium image mystery: I have two images as below [img] [img] [img] Image 2 starting with A9 occupies 16.4 GB in disk but its disk volume is 25.39GB. Image 1 starting with 1C occupies 15.6Gb in disk but its disk volume 27.5GB. Why this anomaly? 117906
  6. Doubt about "NAT Network" VirtualBox's option on VMWare

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Doubt about "NAT Network" VirtualBox's option on VMWare: Hello, Usually, for test environments with a few machines I used to make NAT Networks on VirtualBox since version 4.3 when they introduced that option. Now, I'm trying to do something similar with VMWare. I noted that in VMWare (in the Virtual Network Editor) you can...
  7. Macrium - What to Image?

Macrium - What to Image?: Setting up my new Windows 10 Home desktop. Downloaded Macrium Version 6 Free and made a rescue disk. Everything is on the C: drive. Version 6 gives me 2 choices of images: 1. Image selected disks. 2. Image partitions required to backup and restore Windows. Choice 2...
  8. A Question About Macrium Reflect

A Question About Macrium Reflect: Will Macrium take care of it when making the Bootable rescue media on a USB or do I need a third party tool to make partitions and to make it Bootable? I'v got a brand new USB flash Drive that's factory formatted to FAT32. Do I need to make any further prep with it? 97810
  9. Imaging a disk with macrium

Imaging a disk with macrium: I have tried several times to make an image of a windows 7 disk.. Using macrium reflect and it just won't do it. It says can't make an image of this disk.. no reason given. On the same computer with another disk that has windows 10, it works just fine, i can image it ok....
  10. Questions about macrium

Questions about macrium: I usually use Windows in built image software but it's slow. So I am trying macrium. It's so much quicker. But when I select my discs to image I can only select my main Windows SSD and its affiliated partitions. It's under GPT1. I have a larger internal mechanical 3 tb drive...