Windows 10: Doubts about csenabled behaviuor over different laptops

Discus and support Doubts about csenabled behaviuor over different laptops in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, i have recently purchased 2 laptops, an acer spin 3 and an asus zenbook. I ususally create oj every machine custom power plans, for example one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AndreaPitto, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Doubts about csenabled behaviuor over different laptops

Hi, i have recently purchased 2 laptops, an acer spin 3 and an asus zenbook. I ususally create oj every machine custom power plans, for example one called "download" which is essentially a low consumption plan with 1 minute screen turning off but preventing PC from ever going to sleep, and that's for when i need to download big files without worrying that it might lose connection. That said, the acer behaves like it should, like all the other many laptops i had, while the asus presented some problems. Firstly, there was only balanced option, so i followed guides like this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-power-plans-disappeared/bf9644cd-e557-436f-ae9c-4f15d6baada4 , telling me yo regedit csenabled to 0. That let me fully edit power plan preferences (many of them were disabled before, or at least hidden) and create high performance and low consumption power schemes. But if i create a "download"-like profile, whenever the screen turns off (after a minute, as i wanted) the PC goes sleeping anyway, even if i told him to never hibernate, sleep, or whatever, in addition to preventing things like SSD to turn off before like 15 minutes. So my question is how is this possible. I can also add that this is one of the few laptops that came with a manufacturer power plan scheme ("Asus recommended"), so maybe they tweaked some options that i am unaware of. I have an app called myasus installed, which lets me choose how i want to drain battery (e.g. stop charge at 80%), but i dont think it interfers with my desire.

I am currently running the last version of windows 10, which should be like 1809 i think, but given that i own 2 more laptops with the same version, the issue doesn't lie in updates for sure.

Thanks for help.

:)

AndreaPitto, Apr 1, 2019
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Apr 1, 2019
  3. Random laptop crashes in games.

thats alright bro, If it does turn out to be an overheating issue, I'll let you take all the credit for suggesting it

FreedomEclipse, Apr 1, 2019
  4. Doubts about csenabled behaviuor over different laptops

Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

Doubts about csenabled behaviuor over different laptops

1. Doubts about csenabled behaviuor over different laptops - Similar Threads - Doubts csenabled behaviuor

2. Switching Windows over to a different PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Switching Windows over to a different PC: Hello, i am building a new PC next week and selling my old PC. I was wondering what steps i need to take to switch my windows over to a new PC while also dissociating it with my old PC....
  3. Connect laptop to desktop over wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connect laptop to desktop over wifi: Hi! I'm trying to connect my laptop and desktop machine together over wifi; both are Windows 10. My laptop can browse my desktop; but my desktop cannot pick up the laptop. Network discovery and file sharing are turned on; what else can I do? Thank you!...
  4. Doubt about "Safely remove hardware" icon.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Doubt about "Safely remove hardware" icon.: Hi everyone. A few months ago I had this problem. My "safely remove hardware" icon was missing. Some members tryed to help and, somehow, I figured out to solve that uninstalling USB devices. Well, since October Update 2018 this happened again. That icon is missing... BUT,...
  5. Doubt about "Safely remove hardware" icon.

in Windows 10 Support
    Doubt about "Safely remove hardware" icon.: Hi everyone. A few months ago I had this problem. My "safely remove hardware" icon was missing. Some members tryed to help and, somehow, I figured out to solve that uninstalling USB devices. Well, since October Update 2018 this happened again. That icon is missing... BUT,...
  6. Powershell doubt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell doubt: I have created a script in D:\Data\Lvg\gadgets\Laptops\Docs\powershell called myfirstfunction.ps1. I copied the same file as mysecfunc.ps1 in C:\. As you can see in following pic, .ps1 in C:\ works when I run it. But myfirstfunction.ps1 does not run either from C:\ or...
  7. Doubt about "NAT Network" VirtualBox's option on VMWare

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Doubt about "NAT Network" VirtualBox's option on VMWare: Hello, Usually, for test environments with a few machines I used to make NAT Networks on VirtualBox since version 4.3 when they introduced that option. Now, I'm trying to do something similar with VMWare. I noted that in VMWare (in the Virtual Network Editor) you can...
  8. Random question about laptops

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random question about laptops: Is a Hp 2000(laptop, old as it gets) screen interchangable with a Hp DV7(still older but has the amd proccessor)? 71165
  9. Clean installation of W10 Enterprise doubt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean installation of W10 Enterprise doubt: Hi all, I just acquired a Windows 10 Enterprise key and updated from Pro to Enterprise. System upgraded, installed new features, etc. My question is this one: next time I install Windows in a clean installation, should I use W10 Pro media, or Enterprise 90 days...
  10. Gah, help! Laptop is just restarting over and over

in Windows 10 Support
    Gah, help! Laptop is just restarting over and over: It's windows 10, it was installing some updates and I think it got interrupted when my laptop died. I plugged it in and turned it back on and it's been continuously trying to start up for about 5 hours now. I can't do anything on it, when I turn it off and on again it's doing...