Windows 10: Doubts about csenabled behaviuor over different laptops

Discus and support Doubts about csenabled behaviuor over different laptops in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, i have recently purchased 2 laptops, an acer spin 3 and an asus zenbook. I ususally create oj every machine custom power plans, for example one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AndreaPitto, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Doubts about csenabled behaviuor over different laptops

Hi, i have recently purchased 2 laptops, an acer spin 3 and an asus zenbook. I ususally create oj every machine custom power plans, for example one called "download" which is essentially a low consumption plan with 1 minute screen turning off but preventing PC from ever going to sleep, and that's for when i need to download big files without worrying that it might lose connection. That said, the acer behaves like it should, like all the other many laptops i had, while the asus presented some problems. Firstly, there was only balanced option, so i followed guides like this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-power-plans-disappeared/bf9644cd-e557-436f-ae9c-4f15d6baada4 , telling me yo regedit csenabled to 0. That let me fully edit power plan preferences (many of them were disabled before, or at least hidden) and create high performance and low consumption power schemes. But if i create a "download"-like profile, whenever the screen turns off (after a minute, as i wanted) the PC goes sleeping anyway, even if i told him to never hibernate, sleep, or whatever, in addition to preventing things like SSD to turn off before like 15 minutes. So my question is how is this possible. I can also add that this is one of the few laptops that came with a manufacturer power plan scheme ("Asus recommended"), so maybe they tweaked some options that i am unaware of. I have an app called myasus installed, which lets me choose how i want to drain battery (e.g. stop charge at 80%), but i dont think it interfers with my desire.

I am currently running the last version of windows 10, which should be like 1809 i think, but given that i own 2 more laptops with the same version, the issue doesn't lie in updates for sure.

Thanks for help.

:)

AndreaPitto, Apr 1, 2019
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Apr 1, 2019
  3. Random laptop crashes in games.

thats alright bro, If it does turn out to be an overheating issue, I'll let you take all the credit for suggesting it

FreedomEclipse, Apr 1, 2019
  4. Doubts about csenabled behaviuor over different laptops

Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

Doubts about csenabled behaviuor over different laptops

1. Doubts about csenabled behaviuor over different laptops - Similar Threads - Doubts csenabled behaviuor

2. Small Doubt about Optical mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Small Doubt about Optical mouse: I Use a Logitech Optical mouseIf I use it, the battery meter in My Windows 11 skips some percentages i.e. when suddenly from 25% battery, it slides to 5% and goes to locking HibernatesBut is i use my laptop without the outer mouse , the battery shows meAnd the battery reduces...
  3. Small Doubt about Optical mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Small Doubt about Optical mouse: I Use a Logitech Optical mouseIf I use it, the battery meter in My Windows 11 skips some percentages i.e. when suddenly from 25% battery, it slides to 5% and goes to locking HibernatesBut is i use my laptop without the outer mouse , the battery shows meAnd the battery reduces...
  4. Doubt about preview

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Doubt about preview: if i download stable version of update. Will our preview notice disappear? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/doubt-about-preview/6350cba6-1470-450a-915a-fa5eb4034d06
  5. Doubts about changing the booting device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Doubts about changing the booting device: I am currently thinking about "moving" W10 from my HD to a SSD. I have done some research and I would have to do a fresh install as the OS isn't in a separeted partition and the SSD doesn't have enought space for a copy of everything. Now, I am not quite sure about some...
  6. Doubt about factory reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Doubt about factory reset: I was planning to sell my laptop, and preparing it for, if i made a factory reset there is a way to the person who will buy it see the last time it was logged? And there is a chance of my data stay on the ssd ? submitted by /u/Hotsaucebr [link] [comments]...
  7. There is no "CsEnabled" button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    There is no "CsEnabled" button: Method 1: Restore plans using Powercfg command Try restoring the missing power plans using the Powercfg command. Press Windows + S key together to open Search. Now type CMD and select Run as administrator. Accept the UAC prompts. Type in the following commands one by...
  8. Doubts about nvidia's new driver.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Doubts about nvidia's new driver.: The new Nvidia driver is here, but I have some doubts that I would like to be clarified:1. Is it valid for Windows 10 1909 version or is it only for 2004?2. Why doesn't Windows Update offer it?3. Would it be valid for my card, a Gigabyte GeForce GT 1030 graphics card?4. Is it...
  9. Doubts about nvidia's new driver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Doubts about nvidia's new driver.: The new Nvidia driver is here, but I have some doubts that I would like to be clarified:1. Is it valid for Windows 10 1909 version or is it only for 2004?2. Why doesn't Windows Update offer it?3. Would it be valid for my card, a Gigabyte GeForce GT 1030 graphics card?4. Is it...
  10. Doubt about Macrium image size

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Doubt about Macrium image size: Hi, I have Macrium free installed and I have made an image of my system disk. It has approximately 85 Gb occupied on 4 partitions. The copy is apparently correct. My doubt is that the image file size is only about 32 Gb. The compression level in the configuration is medium....