Windows 10: Doubts related to registry key...

Discus and support Doubts related to registry key... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi!I want to gather some information about bluetooth devices connected to my laptop. I saw that registry key that storage some useful info:But i'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sergio Ruiz Tecle, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Doubts related to registry key...

Hi!I want to gather some information about bluetooth devices connected to my laptop. I saw that registry key that storage some useful info:But i'm facing some issues trying to understand this information, for example:- There is no documentation related to this values so i can't know exactly what is stored there.- The values LastConnected/LastSeen never got updated. I connected several times trying to get those values updated but they remain the same keeping the date of when i paired the device.I hope someone can help me. My best wishes,Sergio.

:)

Sergio Ruiz Tecle, Aug 25, 2021
  2. BRAC Win User

Unable to delete Bluetooth driver related Registry Keys

Hello,

I've been unable to use Bluetooth related services since the upgrade to the Creators Update(1703). The device manger returns a Code19 error saying "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged". I've since tried various workarounds but have had no luck so far. So, I'm hoping a complete reset of anything Bluetooth related in the registry will fix the issue.

As suggested here I've manged to delete all the relevant keys except for one particular key named BTHENUM. As you can see in the screenshot attached, the key contains a number of subkeys. Even more show up upon taking ownership of 'properties'. Since there are close to a hundred keys (maybe more), I've tried using the command line tool (subInacl.exe) to take ownership/make necessary changes to the keys but the command fails with some keys working and the rest not. The only way out for now is to take ownership/delete individually which is a nightmare.

I would like to know if there's a quicker way to get this done other than a clean install.

Note: I've tried deleting the keys in safe mode and via the built-in administrator account without success. I've also uninstalled all hidden BT drivers from Device Manager.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Doubts related to registry key... [​IMG]

3. Darkfalz Win User
    Can NOT remove ATITool registry key!

It's low priority to stop ATITool from making undeletable class keys in the reigstry?

That's about one rung above spyware.

What bothers me most is that I'm pretty sure you can't protect a registry key by any simple means, something must still be running somewhat that is protecting that key. Even after I manually removed the service. That's what bothers me.

Darkfalz, Aug 25, 2021
  4. asyntax Win User

Doubts related to registry key...

ATITool registry key

Hello,

During ATITool installation, the following registry key was added to my registry:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}"

After uninstalling the program, this key remained. I tried to delete it through the registry editor but it returned the following error:

"Cannot delete {85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}: Error while deleting key."

I'm running Vista Home Premium 32-bit by the way. I also tried to change permissions for the key and deleting in safe mode, but neither of those worked either.

Any ideas on how i can remove this key? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

asyntax, Aug 25, 2021
Thema:

Doubts related to registry key...

1. Doubts related to registry key... - Similar Threads - Doubts related registry

2. Registry/Driver Related Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry/Driver Related Issue: Hi there, I really hope someone can help me with this one.So attempting to fix a touchpad issue I've been having since I installed Windows 11 I have somehow killed any external peripherals that were connected to my laptop. I was following the guide right here in the microsoft...
  3. Registry/Driver Related Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry/Driver Related Issue: Hi there, I really hope someone can help me with this one.So attempting to fix a touchpad issue I've been having since I installed Windows 11 I have somehow killed any external peripherals that were connected to my laptop. I was following the guide right here in the microsoft...
  4. Doubts related to Windows 11 upgrade.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Doubts related to Windows 11 upgrade.: Today I've got Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22000.160 co_release update. But before upgrading to Windows 11, I have a couple of doubts in my mind. Can anyone please help me to figure these out... Since this is my primary device, I've tons of productivity apps installed,...
  5. Doubt related to the compatibility for a Security update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Doubt related to the compatibility for a Security update: Hi community,I'd really appreciated it if someone could shed some light on this issue.Having a Windows Server 2019 and trying to find out how to patch the vulnerability CVE-2019-1316.According to this site, the Microsoft Security Response Center,...
  6. Registry Key for Activity related to Motion.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry Key for Activity related to Motion.: Hello @Brink , I am tightening up my OS and came across a REG entry that I can NOT seem to track down ANY information on . . . Code: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CapabilityAccessManager\ConsentStore\activity Apparently it relates to Motion. Code: Motion:...
  7. Doubt

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Doubt: I would like to upgrade my PC to make it work faster and cleaner, what is the fastest way to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/doubt/5cdaa55f-9428-4dbf-b817-99e912c72fe3
  8. Registry keys registry keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry keys registry keys: Where can I customize the file type/extension icon? John 137822
  9. Purpose and use of "HKCU\Console\WordDelimiters" (and related keys in the registry)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Purpose and use of "HKCU\Console\WordDelimiters" (and related keys in the registry): For lengthy, unfortunate, irrelevant reasons, I work with a large number of files whose filenames use underscores as word delimiters; and, the default behavior of the underscore in the English language packs (all variants, it seems) is to treat an underscore as a sort of...
  10. Unable to delete Bluetooth driver related Registry Keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to delete Bluetooth driver related Registry Keys: Hello, I've been unable to use Bluetooth related services since the upgrade to the Creators Update(1703). The device manger returns a Code19 error saying "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or...