Windows 10: Dowloading new PDFs causes unwanted encryption

Discus and support Dowloading new PDFs causes unwanted encryption in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since performing windows 10 updates a few weeks ago, when I download a pdf or an image from Internet, when I type the name of the pdf/image, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PatriciaRomano1, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Dowloading new PDFs causes unwanted encryption

Since performing windows 10 updates a few weeks ago, when I download a pdf or an image from Internet, when I type the name of the pdf/image, the keyboard seems to be encrypting. How do I fix this?

:)

PatriciaRomano1, Aug 29, 2019

2. Best free PDF software?

I use:
    • UnityPDF to merge/split PDFs and to insert/extract pages
    • doPDF to create PDFs from any program that is capable of printing
    • Foxit Reader to view PDFs and to type in them

Static~Charge, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Anna Bon Win User
    PDF

Hello,

Regarding your PDF documents, the location will be based on where you saved the files. For your second inquiry, your documents can be converted to a PDF. If the original file is from Office Word, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• In Word, select File > Save As.

• Select where you want to save the file.

• Type a new File name if you want.

• For Save as type, select PDF.

• For Optimize for, select an option: Standard or
      Minimum Size.

• Select Open File After Publishing, if you want to open the file after you save it as a PDF. This is selected by default.

• Select Save.
    If the steps provided is not working, please get back to us with the exact version of your Office Word.

Let us know the result of the suggested steps.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Dowloading new PDFs causes unwanted encryption

Searching in PDF?

Hey guys, I need to look up a large list of data from a PDF file, basically just to check if each entry of the list is in the pdf. Is there some way to do this without having to check one by one?

ebolamonkey3, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

Dowloading new PDFs causes unwanted encryption

1. Dowloading new PDFs causes unwanted encryption - Similar Threads - Dowloading PDFs causes

2. PDFs opening upon new start-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDFs opening upon new start-up: I just performed a Windows 11 update. I try to shut down pretty regularly and restart often as I run some apps that require a lot of processing power. Before I shut down or restart, I close all programs. Now, when I boot up, PDFs that were closed prior to shut down open...
  3. PDFs opening upon new start-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDFs opening upon new start-up: I just performed a Windows 11 update. I try to shut down pretty regularly and restart often as I run some apps that require a lot of processing power. Before I shut down or restart, I close all programs. Now, when I boot up, PDFs that were closed prior to shut down open...
  4. Unexplained dowloads

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unexplained dowloads: Today, Host Process for Windows Services has downloaded 1GB with no request, permission, or explanation.I have metered broadband during the day. I do not take kindly to 10% of the month's allowance being used in this way.The two main servers involved were:...
  5. Windows restart causing unwanted behavior.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows restart causing unwanted behavior.: I have just upgraded my CPU Ryzen 2600 -> Ryzen 3600x, and after putting my PC back together it started acting ... weird? This may not have been the start of issues, but it the one odd event I can tell.First, I tried downloading a new patch for a game Valorant. The game asked...
  6. Windows causing unwanted reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows causing unwanted reset: My Windows 10 has been reset to Microsoft Edge twice now because "an app caused a problem with default app setting for ms-xbl-3d8b930f files." Is there a solution for avoiding this problem? The reset wipes out all my files....
  7. pdfs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pdfs: can not send pdf files with my gmail. was able to do this last week. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pdfs/bb3ffd38-fb23-4865-9b7c-2bcb64ac6909"
  8. Dowloading pictures

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dowloading pictures: I have been trying a huge amount of fix it online help and nothing is working. I am trying to download pics from my IPHONE 7. However, it will not stay connected for a long period of time to download more then like four and have to reboot everything to get it to start to...
  9. Unwanted SSD Encryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unwanted SSD Encryption: My laptop has a Crucial MX100 SSD. Recent erratic system behavior (apparently malware) forced action. I first did a Reset. The problems persisted. So I backed up user data and performed a clean install. However, the problems soon reappeared. So I sanitized the disk and...
  10. Pictures Dowload

in Windows 10 Support
    Pictures Dowload: How can I do away with downloaded pictures going into albums & make them go into a new folder in pictures? 62941