Windows 10: Dowloading software onto a surface pro 6

Discus and support Dowloading software onto a surface pro 6 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently had to restore my surface pro 6 to factory specs. I had a piece of software on it before I had to restore windows 10 and of course it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MoloughneyMOLOUGHNEY, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Dowloading software onto a surface pro 6

I recently had to restore my surface pro 6 to factory specs. I had a piece of software on it before I had to restore windows 10 and of course it was deleted. The problem is I can't load the software back. I have successfully downloaded this software on other versions of windows without a problem.

I have loaded internet explorer onto the surface pro and have downloaded Java as well. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated

:)

MoloughneyMOLOUGHNEY, Apr 13, 2019
  2. Hidehiro NAGAOKA, Apr 13, 2019
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Surface Pro 3

Hi ChrisWaters3,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Does the battery drain out, if the tablet is not connected to peripherals?

2. Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)

I understand how something like this can try your patience. This issue is an indication of faulty drivers or incompatible driver.
    However, I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Check the drivers.

Step1: Battery driver

1. Press Windows andR
      key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    3. Click on view on top > Select Show hidden devices.
    4. Expand the Batteries option from the list.
    5. Select the ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery> right click on the driver and click on
      Properties.
    6. Click on Driver tab > check if you have the option to
      Roll Back Driver.
    7. If yes, Roll back the driver or uninstall it and restart the computer.
    Uninstalling the driver will be automatically installed after the system is restarted. Check if the issue is fixed.

Step 2: Keyboard driver.

1. In the Device manager, go to ‘Other devices’, you will find
      Unknown devices.
    2. Double tap on the unknown device > click on
      Driver tab> click on update driver.
    3. Select browse my computer for driver software> Click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers
    4. Select keyboard, then click ‘Next.
    5. Select HID Keyboard device and click finish.

Method 2: Run the toolkit.

Note: If your Surface is managed by your work or school, check with your organization's IT department before running the tool.

I would suggest you to run the toolkit provided by Microsoft on
    Fix common Surface
    problems using the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit

If the above steps, doesn’t fix the issue. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Surface Pro 3 Battery
    FAQ for the Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware update

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Apr 13, 2019
  4. MsIda Win User

Dowloading software onto a surface pro 6

Surface Pro 2 Bluetooth non-compatibility with iphone 6

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for the information.

I uninstalled and re-installed the Bluetooth in my Surface Pro 2 successfully.

The 2 devices paired successfully too, the Surface Pro 2 shows that it's connected to the iPhone 6 Plus, and the iPhone shows that its connected to the Surface Pro 2.

Although the Hotspot is switched On, it's not connecting with the Surface Pro 2, ie. the blue line is not flashing on the top of the iphone screen saying "Personal Hotspot: 1 Connection".

Any other suggestions, and please remember I run Windows 10 on my device, and my iPhone 6 software is always updated to the latest version.......

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards

Ida

MsIda, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

Dowloading software onto a surface pro 6

1. Dowloading software onto a surface pro 6 - Similar Threads - Dowloading software onto

2. Surface pro 6 is not boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface pro 6 is not boot: Hi, My surface pro 6 is not start up anymore. Windows logo is shown and then disappears. this happens until the battery is out. So i try to boot it from usb. I downloaded the image from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/surface-recovery-image to create the bootable device....
  3. Surface pro 6 is not boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 6 is not boot: Hi, My surface pro 6 is not start up anymore. Windows logo is shown and then disappears. this happens until the battery is out. So i try to boot it from usb. I downloaded the image from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/surface-recovery-image to create the bootable device....
  4. Surface pro 6 is not boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Surface Pro 6: No keyboard input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 6: No keyboard input: Hello, I'm a University student that uses my surface pro 6 every day. I had bought the surface pro 6 new when it was released with Windows 10, however, 6 months ago it pushed me to update to Windows 11. I'm unsure if that is related, but for the last week my surface pro has...
  6. Surface 6 pro WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface 6 pro WiFi: Since the last update my Surface 6 pro takes a while to automatically connect to WIFI. It was fine before the update. Its faster to manually connect. If I leave it after start up it can take 10 minutes but connects eventually. No issue with the router and all other W10 & W8.2...
  7. Surface pro 6 error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Surface pro 6 error: When trying to add a school account it says that the system cannot find the file specified. Don't really know what to do from here Is there any fix? I already tried using the scanning system using the cmd...
  8. Surface Pro 6 Brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 6 Brightness: I am unable to change my brightness! At 0 or 100 the brightness is the same, I have tried Powershell admin scan, updating drivers, going into power setting and into the display adaptors but nothing works. My computer is also up to date so there are no new updates, any help...
  9. Surface Pro 6 Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 6 Crash: Hi there, My Surface Pro 6 crashed and needed to restart. I was playing Two Point Hospital at the time and was hoping a hardware issue could be ruled out? This blue screen also happened when I was changing screen resolutions when playing The Sims 4 a few months ago. I'm...
  10. Surface Pro 6?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 6?: What DVD CD external unit is recommended for my new Surface Pro 6? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-6/ae634952-a688-4247-85d7-780381370a9a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. loading software on to surface pro 6