Windows 10: Down Arrow Key Not Working After Windows 10 Update

Discus and support Down Arrow Key Not Working After Windows 10 Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Everyone I did my windows 10 update recently land since then my down arrow key isnt working. This applies for both the down arrow key and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Doggy Doctor, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Down Arrow Key Not Working After Windows 10 Update

Hi Everyone

I did my windows 10 update recently land since then my down arrow key isnt working. This applies for both the down arrow key and the down arrow function on the numeric key pad.

Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone know how to rectify this issue?

Thank you all in advance!

:)

Doggy Doctor, Sep 23, 2015
  2. Maria Fab Win User

Windows key + arrow up & arrow down not working

Hello Jake,

It might be a possible issue with the driver or the keyboard itself. For us to determine the cause, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check this article. It provides information
    about Microsoft easy fix solutions and how to use them to resolve software issues. Click the troubleshooter on how to Find and fix problems with devices and hardware.
    Download and run the file. It will diagnose and resolve issues automatically.

Also, this thread might be helpful to you. Kindly check the suggested resolutions
    that were marked as an answer, and see if it helps.

Please update us with the results. We'll be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Maria Fab, Sep 23, 2015
  3. Windows key + arrow up & arrow down not working

My PC does not execute the actions when I press the aforementioned hotkeys. This happened after rolling back to Creators Update from a Fast Ring build. The other arrow key hotkeys does not have any problem.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Jake Rhenier, Sep 23, 2015
  4. Down Arrow Key Not Working After Windows 10 Update

No, but you might be able to find a driver for it to fix the problem. Is it Logitech?>Logitech Support + Downloads

So go to the manufacturer and see if there are any downloads for your keyboard.

DustSailor, Sep 23, 2015
  5. Thanks Dusty. It's samsung and I have downloaded all the necessary software. I would have thought that it was just the key malfunction but with the numeric key pad playing up (the number 2 works but when you release number lock down arrow doesn't work) it is just weird

Doggy Doctor, Sep 23, 2015
  6. Then uninstall the software & driver, see if anything changes. Reinstall if it doesn't help.

DustSailor, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Down Arrow Key Not Working After Windows 10 Update

1. Down Arrow Key Not Working After Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - Down Arrow Key

2. Windows Key + Left/Right Arrow not moving windows, Up and down arrow working fine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Key + Left/Right Arrow not moving windows, Up and down arrow working fine: Hi,Recently I noticed in Windows 11 that the Windows Key Left/Right Arrow keys are not moving the active window left or right like they used to. Windows Key Up/Down Arrows work as they should.== Doesn't work ==Windows Key Left - move active window left, to left most...
  3. up and down arrow keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    up and down arrow keys: whenever i press the down arrow key it goes down but then up again but when i hold it it works if i press the up-arrow key on the keyboard it goes up two times how do i fix this on the msi laptop...
  4. up and down arrow keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    up and down arrow keys: whenever i press the down arrow key it goes down but then up again but when i hold it it works if i press the up-arrow key on the keyboard it goes up two times how do i fix this on the msi laptop...
  5. Up and Down Arrow Keys Randomly Stop Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Up and Down Arrow Keys Randomly Stop Working: Hey, I have seen this issue, but none of the solutions seem to work for me. Basically, when I boot up the computer, they won't work. If I uninstall the keyboard and reboot, as many suggest, the arrow keys will work again but not for too long. Sometimes they will work for 5...
  6. Arrow keys not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Arrow keys not working: Hi! Is someone able to help me please? My left and right arrow keys are not working well. They both do things like reload and go to previous pages on chrome. And they dont work anymore in typing....
  7. down arrow key not worrking

in Windows 10 Customization
    down arrow key not worrking: so this is a software problem. i know this cause the down arrow key for the on screen keyboard also doesn't work iv gone through the following trying to fix it iv; cleaned out my keyboard, uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it, reset my computer, and tried on screen...
  8. Windows 10 Down Arrow Key Not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Down Arrow Key Not working: Just noticed this today while using chrome, as I use the down arrow key to select the search term I'm looking for more often than I had know. The issue persists in every application I run from Notepad to Excel, the down arrow key is not registering. I found a program called...
  9. Down Arrow key and right arrow key is not working on my windows 10 laptop

Down Arrow key and right arrow key is not working on my windows 10 laptop: hey, i am facing issue that my Down Arrow key and right arrow key is not working on my windows 10 laptop. and some keys from the number pad also. like when i click on 1 number button on top of Q letter, it works when number lock is on/off and after changing the number lock it...
  10. Windows down arrow key stuck?

Windows down arrow key stuck?: I have recently built my third computer, but the keyboard or something else seems to be wrong. The down arrow is not working properly, it is stuck in place. I have tried everything to get it to not be stuck. I first tried sticky keys, but that did nothing, I pulled up the...