Windows 10: Down button stuck only on specific actions.

Discus and support Down button stuck only on specific actions. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Just this evening, out of nowhere, I opened my photos app to check a photo, and noticed it quickly zoomed through all my photos to the last one. So,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Henry A H, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Henry A H Win User

Down button stuck only on specific actions.

Just this evening, out of nowhere, I opened my photos app to check a photo, and noticed it quickly zoomed through all my photos to the last one. So, worried, I went to shut down the computer, but found that I couldn't click on the shut down button because it kept zooming down the apps in the windows menu. All of this happened very suddenly, and restarts and updates have not solved it. What's odd is though, it's not the physical key push that is causing this. I disabled the button to make sure, and sure enough, the issue did not abate. It seems to only be affecting windows processes, and I can use things like chrome, video games, etc. without issue, but in stuff like settings, it's refusing to stop. I'm unable to even copy the system ID easily, I have to manually type it out.

Device ID E42D6774-3241-4989-BC82-0663BA7FE661

Product ID 00325-95829-83207-AOOEM

Version 1809

Dell

:)

Henry A H, Dec 11, 2019
  2. Try3 Win User

No button for bluetooth in action center

Joe,

Assuming that you have a Bluetooth card, run these checks -

Do you have a Bluetooth entry in Settings, Devices?

Down button stuck only on specific actions. [​IMG]

If not then Windows does not think you have a Bluetooth card. Check Device manager for a Bluetooth group.

1. If neither of these is there then you do not have a Bluetooth card or you have disabled Bluetooth in the BIOS. You should check your BIOS for a relevant entry but BIOSes vary so I cannot suggest where such a setting might be. You could seek advice from your computer maker or their user forum.
    2. If one is there but not the other then you might be able to get it working correctly by reinstalling the driver from your Computer / Bluetooth card maker's website.

You can customise the items shown in Action center but Bluetooth, if it is enabled, is generally put there by default. As explained above, you can customise what is shown by playing around with Settings, System, Notifications. You can add more entries or you can drag off existing entries or you can drag existing entries around to get them in the layout you prefer.

Denis

3. lx07 Win User
    Action Button and Panel Missing From 'Task Scheduler'

Solution (for me anyway).

• *Start + R and type %appdata% <enter> to open roaming folder
    • Browse to Microsoft, then MMC
    • rename the file taskschd to taskschd_old
    • Open task scheduler - this will create a new taskschd configuration file in %appdata% with default settings.
    • Delete taskschd_old (if you want)
    • Don't untick all options in View/customize view or you get stuck again Down button stuck only on specific actions. :)

4. Down button stuck only on specific actions.

Relocating buttons in the Action Center

Hi Curtis,

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open command prompt and type the commands below (Type it in Search or Press Windows Logo Key+X. Click on Command Prompt admin).
    • Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Close the CMD window
    • Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    For moving buttons in Action Center, please provide feedback in the Feedback app and check.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

Down button stuck only on specific actions.

1. Down button stuck only on specific actions. - Similar Threads - Down button stuck

2. Action buttons and links are not active at specific part of the screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Action buttons and links are not active at specific part of the screen.: Hi Microsoft community,I just updated from windows 10 to windows 11 Home Single Language and since then when I move different windows around I noticed that I couldn't click on any action buttons or links when they are on a specific part of my screen on the near left bottom...
  3. Action buttons and links are not active at specific part of the screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Action buttons and links are not active at specific part of the screen.: Hi Microsoft community,I just updated from windows 10 to windows 11 Home Single Language and since then when I move different windows around I noticed that I couldn't click on any action buttons or links when they are on a specific part of my screen on the near left bottom...
  4. down arrow stuck only in windows 10 ui

in Windows 10 Gaming
    down arrow stuck only in windows 10 ui: I saw another person with this problem, though they had a physical keyboard they could unplug and such, but I do not. I use a Lenovo Laptop and this is the first time this issue had occured. It first appeared after the most recent update which is what I'm guessing messed it...
  5. down arrow stuck only in windows 10 ui

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    down arrow stuck only in windows 10 ui: I saw another person with this problem, though they had a physical keyboard they could unplug and such, but I do not. I use a Lenovo Laptop and this is the first time this issue had occured. It first appeared after the most recent update which is what I'm guessing messed it...
  6. down arrow stuck only in windows 10 ui

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. only my volume down button isnt working

in Windows 10 Customization
    only my volume down button isnt working: My volume up key is working but volume down isnt working please tell me the solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-my-volume-down-button-isnt-working/6cdc0c5c-2845-460a-a89c-399bd851ca5f
  8. No Password prompt, can only restart by holding down button

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No Password prompt, can only restart by holding down button: I’m hoping someone can help me because I’m so incredibly bummed about my laptop right now. I didn’t a reset where I deleted all my files a few days ago, downloaded the basics and when I tried to restart it today after getting some errors, it shows me the screen with the time...
  9. Start Action Button is not Working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Start Action Button is not Working: Start Action Button is not Working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/start-action-button-is-not-working/878df6cf-5e4f-4f52-bf4a-dd610736037a
  10. No button for bluetooth in action center

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No button for bluetooth in action center: Hello, I am brand new to Windows 10 Pro--have had it for just about a week on a Dell Optiplex. The documentation states that to turn on bluetooth, there should be a button in the action center on the bottom left corner of the taskbar. I don't have this button--grayed...