Windows 10: Down key stuck down(not physically) in network window in systray

Discus and support Down key stuck down(not physically) in network window in systray in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; [ATTACH] So in Windows 10, all network connections are done in that little window in the system tray. Control panel just links to there as well.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Endless1X, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Endless1X Win User

Down key stuck down(not physically) in network window in systray

Down key stuck down(not physically) in network window in systray ddea0a27-792f-4418-8f93-6951df97ad8e?upload=true.jpg

So in Windows 10, all network connections are done in that little window in the system tray. Control panel just links to there as well. Well, I have a LAN cable giving me internet but sometimes I would like to connect to a wireless network such as my phone's hotspot. The problem is regardless of what network I select it is like the down key is being pressed and it just cycles through each network till it gets to the bottom. If I hold the up arrow key then it jumps around randomly selecting networks from the bottom to the top but still eventually rests on the bottom network.

I do have a macro keyboard and mouse. Logitech G Series for both of them. Logitech Gaming Software has a key logger that shows ever key being pressed on the mouse or keyboard and I used that to test if it was one of them doing it. The key logger showed that the only keys being pressed were what I intended to press and there were no phantom keystrokes in the background. At this point, the computer refuses to go into sleep mode because of this activity I assume. I have checked "powercfg -requests" and did not see any requests for the power to stay on.

I have Norton and have run scans to see if there is any malware but the scan came up clean.

I don't know how to fix this besides formatting my computer. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Thanks.

-Ian Crawford

:)

Endless1X, Mar 3, 2019
  2. HPrak Win User

Windows Key is stuck ( not physically)

Windows Key is stuck ( not physically) .. It feels likes it is being pressed .. sometimes automatically start menu automatically opens or windows open in browser as if i m pressing the windows button ... even some time when i click some alphabets the command
    associated with that button and Win key is executed like pressing "L" locks the account or pressing "E"would open explorer.. this is becoming more frequent day by day. You would not believe but it took about half an hour to type this because of all that stuff.
    Please help me.. I am now totally irritated.. Please Please...

HPrak, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Windows 10 LAN Network icon in Systray Yellow Triangle of Death

Hi Joe,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern however, I would suggest you to run
    Network troubleshooter and it will automatically troubleshoot the network problem and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on View all on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Network troubleshooter.

• Click on Advanced on the Network troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials
      if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Network troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist, try the below provided information:

Method 2: I recommend you to
    uninstall and reinstall network driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.

• Locate for Network adaptor
      and expand it.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall.

• Once you uninstall the driver, restart the computer. It should automatically install the generic driver.
    If the issue still persist, try the below method.

Method 3: Update network adaptor driver. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.

• Locate for Network adaptor and expand it.

• Right click on the Wi-Fi device
      and click on update.
    If the above methods did not help to fix the issue, I suggest you to go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest updated network adapter driver and install the same.

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Down key stuck down(not physically) in network window in systray

Windows key stuck (not physically)

Hi Vinay,

Let's try a different approach, we recommend that you run System File Checker
    to check the system for any corruptions. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows +
      X, and then select Command
      Prompt (Admin).

• Type SFC /Scannow on the prompt, and then press Enter. This scan will repair system files.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

Down key stuck down(not physically) in network window in systray

1. Down key stuck down(not physically) in network window in systray - Similar Threads - Down key stuck

2. W key stuck down after i press it for 2.5 seconds not physically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W key stuck down after i press it for 2.5 seconds not physically: Hi, there's a problem with my W key on my keyboard, it seems to virtually stick down for 2.5/10 seconds, my keyboard isn't the problem, as I tested my laptop keyboard and there's still that same problem, and also switched my keyboard out for a newer one, same.The computer I'm...
  3. Keys being held down not physically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keys being held down not physically: This problem started last week, around when I got a new corded keyboard for my laptop. When I hold down a key, then let go, the computer continues to act like the key is pressed, until I press it again. it is not pressed physically It doesn't happen every time but it does...
  4. Created on March 20, 2017 Windows key stuck down not physically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Created on March 20, 2017 Windows key stuck down not physically: I read today: Windows key stuck down not physically I've had this problem for a long while. Randomly, out of nowhere Windows thinks my windows key is being held down Pushing R opens the Run window It usually happens around 30 minutes prior to starting up the PC. I can...
  5. c key is pressed down not physically

c key is pressed down not physically: My c key keeps pressing down, and it is spammed. I use my pc for about 30 minutes, and then the c key is continuously being pressed down. I tried switching keyboards and I had no luck. I have no idea why this happens and I cant fix it. This happens whenever, if its when ill...
  6. Windows behaves as if a key is stuck down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows behaves as if a key is stuck down: Several times Windows 10 has started behaving as if a key is being held down. Yesterday it appears to be the help key, today it appears to be the escape key. This persists when keyboard is swapped and even when keyboard is unplugged. Restarting does not work and latest...
  7. Keys are stuck down and right control key does not work not physically

Keys are stuck down and right control key does not work not physically: The control, windows, alt and space keys keep getting stuck down. I have tried using the onscreen keyboard to unclick the keys, but the control key always remains stuck. The right control key stopped working when this problem started. It still physically clicks. This makes...
  8. Key is held down (not physically) and no other key will work.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Key is held down (not physically) and no other key will work.: So I was playing roblox screwing around and all of the sudden my W key gets pushed down and my fan starts to work up, no other key responds and it won’t turn off whatever I do. Please help submitted by /u/not_Beta [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows key stuck down and Auto rotate On/off randomly. (not physically)

Windows key stuck down and Auto rotate On/off randomly. (not physically): So I've had this problem to where I had the Windows key would randomly appear (Writing this was a PAIN) and would just not stop until I pressed the Windows key. I can't buy a second laptop or a keyboard. And everytime it does this, auto rotate comes on. How do you fix this...
  10. Windows down arrow key stuck?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows down arrow key stuck?: I have recently built my third computer, but the keyboard or something else seems to be wrong. The down arrow is not working properly, it is stuck in place. I have tried everything to get it to not be stuck. I first tried sticky keys, but that did nothing, I pulled up the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. down key is stuck in windows