Windows 10: Downgrade a Windows 10 1809 OEM version to 1511

Discus and support Downgrade a Windows 10 1809 OEM version to 1511 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey, I have bought a Lenovo laptop that came with a Windows 10 1809 activated so I guess that it is the OEM version and not the retail version. So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Gajakosh.G, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Downgrade a Windows 10 1809 OEM version to 1511

Hey,

I have bought a Lenovo laptop that came with a Windows 10 1809 activated so I guess that it is the OEM version and not the retail version. So this version of windows 10 is not able to run smoothly and fast on the hardware present in my laptop so I was thinking to format my laptop and clean install a Windows 10 1511 version as I have tested it and it runs quite fast on PC's that don't have powerful hardware. I want to ask if I do a clean install and login with my microsoft account after installation will the windows 10 activate automatically or do I have to buy a new Windows 10 Key to activate the 1511 version.

:)

Gajakosh.G, Feb 21, 2020
  2. ic_988 Win User

How to Windows 10 Pro OEM downgrade to Windows 7 Pro

Understanding downgrade rights
    Updated 11/30/2016

Important: the information on this page is intended for system builders and the downgrade rights that apply to their customers. If you are a customer of a direct OEM, please contact your OEM for more information about downgrade rights. If
    you are a direct OEM, please contact your Microsoft Account Manager.

Downgrade and down-edition rights are an end-user right that Microsoft offers to customers for certain OEM products which meet the technical requirements for a Windows software downgrade. Downgrade rights are documented in the Microsoft Software License
    Terms that customers accept upon first running Windows and Windows Server software. Thanks to downgrade rights, end users who have acquired a later version of the software (such as Windows 10 Pro or Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard) can use an earlier version
    of the software until they are ready to migrate to a later version technology.

If a product includes downgrade rights, the license terms for that product will indicate which earlier versions of the software may be used.

Downgrade rights will vary depending on if the software was acquired via volume licensing, OEMs, or full packaged product (FPP).

Downgrade rights for Windows software
    The following OEM versions of Windows software are eligible for downgrade rights.

Windows 10 Pro includes downgrade rights to:

• Windows 8.1 Pro
    • Windows 7

Professional

Windows 8.1 Pro includes downgrade rights to:

• Windows 7 Professional
    • Windows Vista Business

Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate include downgrade rights to:

• Windows Vista Business and Windows Vista Ultimate
    • Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, or Windows XP x64 Edition
    Note Other OEM Windows 7 versions (for example, Windows 7 Home Basic and Windows 7 Home Premium) do not include downgrade rights.

Note downgrade rights are only available as long as Microsoft provides support for that earlier version, as outlined in the
    Windows lifecycle fact sheet.

Steps for an end user to downgrade Windows software

To downgrade eligible Windows software, end users must:

• Purchase a PC preinstalled with Windows software.
    • Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
    • Perform the downgrade process to the eligible downgrade product using the media/key from a genuine, previously licensed OEM or retail product.
    The downgrade process

Follow these steps to downgrade to an earlier version of Windows software:

• Use genuine Windows media and a corresponding product key for the version of Windows that is eligible for downgrade. The media/key should come from a previously licensed product from the OEM or retail channel.
    • End users who are licensed separately through Microsoft Volume Licensing (VL) may provide their VL media and key to a system builder to facilitate the downgrade on their own systems.
    • Insert the downgrade-eligible version of Windows media and follow the installation instructions.
    • Enter the product key.
    • If the software was previously activated, it cannot be activated online. In this case, the appropriate local Activation Support phone number will be displayed. Call the number and explain the circumstances. When it is determined that the end user has an
      eligible Windows license, the customer service representative will provide a single-use activation code to activate the software. Please note that Microsoft does not provide a full product key in this scenario.
    • Activate the software.
    For scenarios involving large volume downgrades, end users are encouraged to consider VL which provides the benefits of reimaging rights and volume activation, which can make the process of downgrading much easier.

Authorizing a third party to exercise downgrade rights for an end user

Because downgrade rights apply to end users, they are not designed for third-party facilitation, which has many complications. Also, such facilitation is not suitable for carrying out on a large scale.

ic_988, Feb 21, 2020
  3. Windows 10 to windows 7 downgrade

No; it isn't possible the way you want to do it.

Downgrade Rights from 10 Pro to 7 Pro has to follow a certain path, with the first part being how you purchase Windows 10
    Pro.

You would have to buy 10 Pro preinstalled and make arrangements with the OEM manufacturer for a downgrade to 7 Pro.

Here is the information about Downgrade rights. It is an old Microsoft link which they removed but the information still apples>

Device Partner Center

Downgrade rights for Windows software
    The following OEM versions of Windows software are eligible for downgrade rights.

[table][tr][td]Windows 10 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 8.1 Pro
    • Windows 7 Professional
    [/td][td]Windows 8.1 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 7 Professional
    • Windows Vista Business
    [/td][td]Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate include downgrade rights to:
    • Windows Vista Business and Windows Vista Ultimate
    • Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, or Windows XP x64 Edition
    Note Other OEM Windows 7 versions (for example, Windows 7 Home Basic and Windows 7 Home Premium) do not include downgrade rights.[/td][/tr][/table]

Note downgrade rights are only available as long as Microsoft provides support for that earlier version,
    as outlined in the
    Windows lifecycle fact sheet

Steps for an end user to downgrade Windows software
    To downgrade eligible Windows software, end users must:

• Purchase a PC preinstalled with Windows software.
    • Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
    • Perform the downgrade process to the eligible downgrade product using the media/key from a genuine, previously licensed OEM or retail product.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Bill Smithers, Feb 21, 2020
  4. Downgrade a Windows 10 1809 OEM version to 1511

HD 3850 AGP Code 43 Error on Windows 10 Anniversary Headache!!!

If the Version your using is still later than ver 1511 its designed not to work with AGP ( any AGP Support Removed )
    and i do not know of any hack that will enable it to work

have you dug out that SSD and backed up your data and files that you need
    That's the 1st Important Step.

Once you have done that you can wipe the drive and Reinstall
    Version 1511 Build 10.0.10586
    Then your in the Position of
    I Would then Suggest you Lock it Down " No Updates no upgrading" and therefore no resumption of this Problem ( You might have to stop it going online )

Not Perfect but you end up with your System Running a Version of Win 10 ( as you must want ).

Ps once you get it working again as you want Image the Drive for Back up and restore.
    Store back up off the PC

dorsetknob, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

Downgrade a Windows 10 1809 OEM version to 1511

1. Downgrade a Windows 10 1809 OEM version to 1511 - Similar Threads - Downgrade 1809 OEM

2. Window 10 enterprise LTSC 1809 downgrade to Pro version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Window 10 enterprise LTSC 1809 downgrade to Pro version: Dear all, I have a one issue when downgrading the enterprise 1809 LTSC version to Pro with Window 10 Pro key. In change product key section, Pro key is rejected and not working any more. Please kindly suggest the way to downgrade to Pro version without formatting and...
  3. updating from version 1511 to 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    updating from version 1511 to 1809: I'm currently with out my Iphone because if this debauckle of an update I'm on a hp stream note book and I need to upate it from version 1511 to 1809 but the one update kb800705b4 keeps on crashing and then then the feature update for version 1809 does too ive ran the update...
  4. I'm not able to update windows from windows 10 version 1511 to 1809 or 1903

I'm not able to update windows from windows 10 version 1511 to 1809 or 1903: I've tried every way possible. I've been getting a bunch of different errors when trying to update from the Update & Security "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 - Error 0x80240031" I've also tried to factory reset my pc, Windows update troubleshooter(it said there...
  5. How do I downgrade Windows 10 version 1903 to 1809?

How do I downgrade Windows 10 version 1903 to 1809?: So like this, since I updated Windows 10 may update, I can't play games, and I'm very upset ... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-downgrade-windows-10-version-1903-to-1809/c479faa6-8025-42a8-9037-d85c94d2953d
  6. Windows 10 will not update from 1511 to 1809

Windows 10 will not update from 1511 to 1809: I have tried various methods to update this laptop, but nothing works. Although it has always been switched on from new (Nov 2015) it has never updated the OS. Any ideas why, please, and why it will not update now? Is it time for a fresh install?...
  7. Windows 10 still on version 1511

Windows 10 still on version 1511: My laptop is never switched off, but it is still showing as being on version 1511, when it should really be 1809. How can this be, please? I though these things were done automatically. Roy...
  8. Windows 10 Version 1511

Windows 10 Version 1511: I want ot update Windows virsion 1607 and above (requirement 1607 ). pls provide link so i can download and install. My quietion is during updating data back up required or not , any activiation Key required ?. Main thing is my pc is not connectoed in Net and its not...
  9. windows 10 ISO for version 1511

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 ISO for version 1511: Is there a way to get version 1511 ISO? 71095
  10. Windows 10 version 1511 10586

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 version 1511 10586: Has anyone had this update restart your machine 11 or 12 times and still Windows still wants to do it again. I have over the last 10 or so days. How now brown cow? Microsoft folks, is it an update or are you just being annoying!!!???? Please advise. I would like to get past...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. downgrade to windows 10 1511 installater

2. windows 1809 oem version