Windows 10: Downgrade Acer Laptop BIOS

Discus and support Downgrade Acer Laptop BIOS in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey Guys! A few weeks ago I updated my BIOS of acer Aspire E1-572G to the latest version 2.17. Since then my laptop has had many problems and now I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MGB, Dec 11, 2016.

1. MGB
    MGB Win User

Downgrade Acer Laptop BIOS

Hey Guys!
    A few weeks ago I updated my BIOS of acer Aspire E1-572G to the latest version 2.17.
    Since then my laptop has had many problems and now I would like to downgrade to an older version.
    The problem is that acer uses a utility called "InsydeFlash", this utility has a BIOS version checker and won't let me downgrade due to that it shows an error "BIOS version compare error".
    Now many people found a solution to this by editing the platform.ini file and disabling BIOS version check by placing 0 in place of 1 in its flag like this :
    flag=1 to flag=0
    The problem is that in my case its already set to 0 and even then shows me the same error *Sad
    Please tell me any possible way I can downgrade my BIOS :/
    Any help would be appreciated!

:)

2. hudasanat Win User

PROBLEM IN DOWNGRADE FROM WINDOWS 10 TO WINDOWS 8/8.1

* Merged

* Original title; Did acer recovery management will store Microsoft?

I want to downgrade windows 10 back to my old windows 8. There are problems to downgrade windows 10 due to exceed trial period and there is no windows.old in drive. I am using Acer laptop and thinking to use Acer recovery management to reset my laptop to

factory settings. If I do a factory backup using acer recovery management, did the Microsoft will be saved?

hudasanat, Dec 11, 2016
  3. Mzmunny Win User
    Recovery for my laptop is going to coat me $149 because windows 10 failed

When i start laptop no bios screen ....acer logo for a min and it just starts blinking acer on n off

Mzmunny, Dec 11, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

Are you sure that you have the correct flag?

What I see in platform.ini is (just a few lines):

[Platform_Check]
    Flag=3
    PlatformName1=AA

The flag should be set to zero to prevent checking.

On the other hand, the update is more than two years old. I hope that Acer wouldn't leave a defective BIOS update in place for that long.

bobkn, Dec 11, 2016
  5. MGB
    MGB Win User
    Thanks for your response bobkn!

Actually the lines that I edit other than those that you have mentioned are these:

[Bios_Version_Check]
    flag=1 to flag=0

But in my case the platform file already has the BIOS version checking flag set to 0 even then it shows me the same error as if editing the file didn't do anything .

The update is infact 2 years old but it might be possible that something wrong happened while I flashed (I don't really remember anything going wrong though)

Thema:

1. Downgrade Acer Laptop BIOS - Similar Threads - Downgrade Acer Laptop

2. Can the BIOS be safely downgraded?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can the BIOS be safely downgraded?: I updated my BIOS today since it said it was "critical" Now, my trackpad is not working the same way. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-the-bios-be-safely-downgraded/ca8a12bb-dc18-475e-8075-2793dafd4025
  3. Bitlocker & BIOS downgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker & BIOS downgrade: Hi, After I was prompted to update my Windows 11 BIOS, the bitlocker screen came on and locked me from accessing my computer claiming that the recovery key was incorrect. Appreciate it if anyone out there have a better suggestion? I tried to downgrade the BIOS but my notebook...
  4. Bitlocker & BIOS downgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker & BIOS downgrade: Hi, After I was prompted to update my Windows 11 BIOS, the bitlocker screen came on and locked me from accessing my computer claiming that the recovery key was incorrect. Appreciate it if anyone out there have a better suggestion? I tried to downgrade the BIOS but my notebook...
  5. Downgrade Bios

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrade Bios: What will happen if i downgrade my ASUS laptop BIOS to the previous version?Is it harmful ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-bios/3b34a481-e0ab-4e12-a2f4-5a3357e5ddeb
  6. Is it okay to downgrade bios of a windows laptop? Anyone with experience?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it okay to downgrade bios of a windows laptop? Anyone with experience?: So I have this issue on my laptop. Whenever windows boots up, a key in keyboard is registered as pressed(mostly PgUp). Goes away once I press another key in the keyboard. I don't think this is a hardware issue as the problem only goes away when I click a key after the windows...
  7. downgrade my bios

in Windows 10 Customization
    downgrade my bios: i am an win 10 user i want to download and install an old version of bios my current bios version is F.28 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-my-bios/55490a37-fab9-4da2-967f-276b35b23408
  8. downgrade my bios

downgrade my bios: i am an win 10 user i want to download and install an old version of bios my current bios version is F.28 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-my-bios/0f1c743d-4dfc-4b65-a352-4e88fc9b8ceb
  9. Downgrading My Bios

Downgrading My Bios: I Have An Windows 10 Pro Desktop I Cant Find Some Important Settings In My Current Bios Version F.28, So I Want To Downgrade My Bios To And Old Version So kindly Help Me...
  10. Acer laptop: BIOS update, worth it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Acer laptop: BIOS update, worth it?: Hello, I own an Acer E5 575G-5622 laptop. Recently bought this machine, it came with 1.12 BIOS version. If I see drivers for my laptop, it also shows me BIOS updates. Currently v1.29 BIOS update is available for this machine. My question is that is it worth it to upgrade...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. acer bios downgrade

2. acer aspire e1 572g BIOS downgrade

3. acer come fare downgrade bios

4. bios version compare error insyde,
  5. bios version compare error,
  6. how to downgarde bios acer without usb,
  7. Acer laptop bios downgrade,
  8. e5-575g bios downgrade,
  9. downgrade bios update acer extensa,
  10. downgrade bios acer,
  11. acer aspire 3 a315-41-r3rf bios bios downgrade,