Windows 10: Downgrade after changed Administrator account password

Discus and support Downgrade after changed Administrator account password in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After installing Windows 10, I changed my Administrator account password, losing my EFS-encryption on some system files. I didn't read the fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by b0dhimind, Aug 14, 2015.

1. b0dhimind Win User

Downgrade after changed Administrator account password

After installing Windows 10, I changed my Administrator account password, losing my EFS-encryption on some system files.

I didn't read the fine print:

Downgrade after changed Administrator account password [​IMG]

Now, I can't downgrade because it keeps giving me the error when trying to downgrade that I need to remove the Administrator (even though I de-activated it through net user Administrator /active:no).

Downgrade after changed Administrator account password [​IMG]

If anyone has any solution, please, help.

:)

b0dhimind, Aug 14, 2015

2. windows 10 unwanted password change

the prompt to change my password occurred on the next power up after i had set up and accessed my work account. i have since discovered that i was downgraded from administrator to a user on my own pc and was unable to run troubleshooters or upgrade my software
    without a password i did not have. i did however have a second administrator account on the pc. when i logged in using it i was prompted to change the password for that account too. i was able to use the second to reinstate my administrator privilege but
    still get a message about security policy not letting me make changes when i view my account in settings. have run virus and malware sweep but nothing found

thanks for responding

christineprescott, Aug 14, 2015
  3. Loss of Administrative privileges

After upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, each of two accounts that I had established were downgraded from administrative accounts to standard accounts. The profile that is displayed says that the account is an Administrative account but in "User
    Accounts" it says that the account is Standard and will not allow me to change to Administrative. I no longer have any administrative capability and get indications that I must log in as an administrator to perform administrative functions which is impossible.

DanaJohnston MD, Aug 14, 2015
  4. Downgrade after changed Administrator account password

I get the same error as you, but I didn't change any password etc.

Kangoraouuri, Aug 14, 2015
Thema:

Downgrade after changed Administrator account password

1. Downgrade after changed Administrator account password - Similar Threads - Downgrade changed Administrator

2. How to change the administrator without knowing the password to the administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the administrator without knowing the password to the administrator account: This laptop was gifted to me, There are two accounts on it, my account and the other person's account who previously used this laptop. I tried to download something and it told me that I had to use the pin of the administrator's account for it to make changes, but I don't...
  3. How to change the administrator without knowing the password to the administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the administrator without knowing the password to the administrator account: This laptop was gifted to me, There are two accounts on it, my account and the other person's account who previously used this laptop. I tried to download something and it told me that I had to use the pin of the administrator's account for it to make changes, but I don't...
  4. How to change the administrator without knowing the password to the administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to change Password of Hacked Windows Administrative Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Password of Hacked Windows Administrative Account: 1 month back i upgraded to window 11 which was working fine till last month but suddently last night my computer was hacked as hacker asked me arount 2800 dollars immediately without taking any back up i reset my windows. But as soon as i opened the windows nothing changed in...
  6. Changing Administrator password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing Administrator password: I want to change the bios to uefi but cannot access the command prompt during boot up, it requires a password and my Windows password does not work. Anyone have an answer?...
  7. Changing Administrator password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Administrator password: I want to change the bios to uefi but cannot access the command prompt during boot up, it requires a password and my Windows password does not work. Anyone have an answer?...
  8. Changing Administrator password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Administrator Account Password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Administrator Account Password: Hi, Hope your having a great day. My annoying friend changed the password to the built in admin account and my account is a standard account. Is there anyway to change that password without using Group Policy, cmd or an elevated PowerShell. Thanks in advance....
  10. Change administrator rights of an account as current administrator account password is lost.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change administrator rights of an account as current administrator account password is lost.: changeing administrator when the administrator password is lost ***Modified Title from: changeing administrator when the administrator password is lost***...