Windows 10: Downgrade Enterprise to Home after random upgrade...

Discus and support Downgrade Enterprise to Home after random upgrade... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Greetings, my system is an old upgraded Windows 7 System Home Premium and since an eternity I have Windows 10 Home. Some days ago I tried to upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by foerster78910, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Downgrade Enterprise to Home after random upgrade...

Greetings,

my system is an old upgraded Windows 7 System Home Premium and since an eternity I have Windows 10 Home. Some days ago I tried to upgrade to an education version or whatever the version is called with a key from Microsoft Azure. The system told me that the keys are invalid for some reason. Afterwards or maybe even a day later I saw that Windows wants to update to version 20XX and I installed those updates.

Today I was notified that I have an unlicensed windows 10 enterprise running. Since I have no key for an enterprise version I tried to overwrite the key with my old Windows 7 key but windows complained to not be activated and that my key is invalid.

Could you tell me precisely how I can reverse this automatic change made by my system?

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind Regards,

me

:)

foerster78910, Dec 11, 2020
  2. wetenhr Win User

Usable Product Keys for Enterprise downgrade to Pro

Hi, very interested in this opportunity simply to downgrade without having to reinstall.

Background - I got to Win 10 Enterprise when Win 10 was first released; at that time I think I was offered only Home or Enterprise, so selected Enterprise as my upgrade route from Win 7 Ultimate.

From there the Windows authentication process led to the digital signature being installed in my machine.

So I don't have a Win 10 Pro key to use in order to downgrade my setup. I only have my older Win 7 Pro and Win 7 Ultimate licenses available to me.

Can I use one or other of these as the key for a downgrade?

[Background - the reason I want to downgrade is due to problems upgrading to Creators Edition with Enterprise. Microsoft have suggested I reinstall, which I think will mean I need to go back to Win 7 Pro and build forward from there. If it's possible instead to just do a downgrade from Enterprise I'd rather go that way. I think I'm fine from an edition point of view; currently on 1607 and trying to go to 1703.]

wetenhr, Dec 11, 2020
  3. Downgrade Windows 10 enterprise to Pro

Hello Mohamed,

Luckily, you can quickly downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro by just changing the product key to the one for Pro.

If you like, the tutorial below can show you step by step the procedure on how to do this.

Downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro

Shawn Brink, Dec 11, 2020
  4. Downgrade Enterprise to Home after random upgrade...

Downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Pro

Hello,

I need to downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro.

1. I had windows 8.1 home and upgraded to windows 10 home, using the media creation tool 1809.
    2. After windows 10 home installation , I went to Settings > Updates and Security > Activation > Go to Microsoft Store. Bought Windows 10 Pro, but instead of Install I did upgrade to workstation.
    So now I have Windows 10 Enterprise and I can't activate it, which is normal, cause I bought windows 10 Pro and not Enterprise.

How can I downgrade it to Windows 10 Pro?

Thank you in advance.

LeonidasLangouranis, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

Downgrade Enterprise to Home after random upgrade...

1. Downgrade Enterprise to Home after random upgrade... - Similar Threads - Downgrade Enterprise Home

2. Downgrade from Enterprise to Home again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downgrade from Enterprise to Home again: I bought a new PC from a computer store. It already had windows 11 home on it. I changed it to Windows 11 Enterprise using one my works 11 enterprise Product key ID. But that didn't work out the way I hoped and now it just says it can't activate. I want to go back to the...
  3. Downgrade from Enterprise to Home again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downgrade from Enterprise to Home again: I bought a new PC from a computer store. It already had windows 11 home on it. I changed it to Windows 11 Enterprise using one my works 11 enterprise Product key ID. But that didn't work out the way I hoped and now it just says it can't activate. I want to go back to the...
  4. Downgrade Windows Enterprise to Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downgrade Windows Enterprise to Home: I have a windows 10 Home key which I cannot activate, since the edition on the PC appears to be Enterprise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-windows-enterprise-to-home/63566ed3-598c-40d2-b516-dc4601adecd0
  5. Downgrade Windows Enterprise to Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downgrade Windows Enterprise to Home: I have a windows 10 Home key which I cannot activate, since the edition on the PC appears to be Enterprise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-windows-enterprise-to-home/63566ed3-598c-40d2-b516-dc4601adecd0
  6. Downgrade Windows Enterprise to Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Microsoft enterprise downgrade to home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft enterprise downgrade to home: Hi, i have recently bought a pc and i have microsoft enterprise which is unactivated , i want microsoft home, i have bought a product key for home and when i type it in it says it doesnt work and i have tried everything to try and get home and cant figure it out so i was...
  8. Downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Home

Downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Home: Soo I have a problem downgrading Windows 10 Enterprise to Home which was the default Edition of my new Notebook Dell Inspiron 14. This is what I did what happened: - First, I got this new notebook and started it .. the normal Windows Home startup "wizard" showed up and...
  9. Downgrading from Windows 10 Enterprise to Home

Downgrading from Windows 10 Enterprise to Home: Hello, I wish to downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise edition to Home, and I've been looking at some forums regarding the topic. However, they all seem to state that a clean installation is required. Is there a way to avoid having to completely clean my PC in order to do this...
  10. Downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Home

Downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Home: I recently acquired a used Surface Pro 4 from my husband's company and wanted to change from Enterprise to Home. I have purchased a digital version of Home, but have since found out that I need at least Windows 10 Pro for work. I have not been able to install the Home onto...