Windows 10: Downgrade from admin account?

Discus and support Downgrade from admin account? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I got my PC and set everything up on the admin account which contains my sign ins generally. So that’s not so safe and I need to be working on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Oriondaniel, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Downgrade from admin account?

I got my PC and set everything up on the admin account which contains my sign ins generally. So that’s not so safe and I need to be working on a restricted account.

Is it possible to downgrade my current and my... put a new admin overtop?

submitted by /u/Oriondaniel
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Oriondaniel, Apr 14, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 14, 2020
  3. C0zzie Win User
    How to change admin user account name?

ah so main admin account is 'wizzle' which is what I am currently on
    I make another account called 'wizzle2' (with admin rights)
    I sign out of 'wizzle' and sign into 'wizzle2'.
    And once signed into 'wizzle2', then I do the command prompt step and find the SID for 'wizzle' that is listed and go from there?

C0zzie, Apr 14, 2020
  4. Downgrade from admin account?

Downgrading from a local Admin Account to a Standard User Account?

After reinstalling Windows 10, I created a local Admin user account just enough for me to install some apps and set things up. After that, I created another local Admin account.

Now, I need to downgrade my current Admin account (which I created during setup) to a Standard User account.

What would be the best method for doing this WITHOUT signing out from my current Admin account and then having to logon with my other Admin account which I created? This would be a waste of time signing out and then signing on to other accounts in order for me to downgrade myself to a Standard Account.

Can I do this through Computer Management by selecting my current Admin account and just removing the Administrators Group and then only adding the Users group?

It seems that performing this from Computer Management / Local Users and Groups offers more granular options all at once as opposed to doing this from the Windows 10 control panel.

What are your thoughts please on this?

Thanks!

win10freak, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

Downgrade from admin account?

1. Downgrade from admin account? - Similar Threads - Downgrade admin account

2. No Admin access on admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Admin access on admin account: On my home PC I can no longer do basic things like extract files, open task manager, power down or restart my pc because it says it has been disabled by an admin and requires administrator to do it. The only user on my pc has administrator privileges I've even checked in the...
  3. No Admin access on admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Admin access on admin account: On my home PC I can no longer do basic things like extract files, open task manager, power down or restart my pc because it says it has been disabled by an admin and requires administrator to do it. The only user on my pc has administrator privileges I've even checked in the...
  4. Removing Admin Account from Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Admin Account from Laptop: If I use Microsoft Settings to remove my account from a Laptop Device, but I am the administrator on said device, will the user be able to set themselves up as an Admin? I only ask as I have been locked out of my Windows Hello by Organisation Restrictions despite only having...
  5. Removing Admin Account from Laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Removing Admin Account from Laptop: If I use Microsoft Settings to remove my account from a Laptop Device, but I am the administrator on said device, will the user be able to set themselves up as an Admin? I only ask as I have been locked out of my Windows Hello by Organisation Restrictions despite only having...
  6. Removing Admin Account from Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Run a program without admin privileges from admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Run a program without admin privileges from admin account: Okay, I found a thread with this same question, but he was using Windows Server, and so was told this forum was for home users. I am a home user, running Windows 10 Pro, but I have the exact same problem. I cannot run OneDrive.exe, as it says to not run it as an admin. Run...
  8. admin account with UAC, or non-admin account with admin password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    admin account with UAC, or non-admin account with admin password: On a 2016 tutorial, the teacher said that it was important to create a new user as an administrator, and removing the admin rights of the user that I use all the time. Then, using admin privilege only when necessary, e.g. "run as administrator", and entering the password of...
  9. Domain admin account as built-in admin account

Domain admin account as built-in admin account: I just upgraded two brand new pc's from Win 7 to Win 10. Computers were already added to the domain in Win 7 and I was logged into the domain administrator account when I did the upgrade to Win 10. Now when I am logged in with the domain administrator account, I can't open...
  10. Downgrading from a local Admin Account to a Standard User Account?

Downgrading from a local Admin Account to a Standard User Account?: After reinstalling Windows 10, I created a local Admin user account just enough for me to install some apps and set things up. After that, I created another local Admin account. Now, I need to downgrade my current Admin account (which I created during setup) to a Standard...