Windows 10: downgrade from Enterprise to Pro

Discus and support downgrade from Enterprise to Pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello,A handful of computers at my company were installed as Enterprise and somehow apparently activated ok with a Pro license but as we dont have any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by A_Name_That_Is_Not_Taken, Jun 13, 2022.

1. downgrade from Enterprise to Pro

Hello,A handful of computers at my company were installed as Enterprise and somehow apparently activated ok with a Pro license but as we dont have any Enterprise licenses we need to change the version to Pro.I tried just changing the license key to our Pro one and activating - rebooting. It all went fine except the version is still Enterprise.Re-installing isn't an option as these computers are in use by high value users with a heavy workload of important work. Rebuilding them with all their technical software etc would put them out of action for far too long.Is there a way to sort this withou

:)

A_Name_That_Is_Not_Taken, Jun 13, 2022
  2. Shawn Brink, Jun 13, 2022
  3. sbpetrack Win User
    Downgrading Windows 10 enterprise to pro

The procedure is a bit arcane, but I have managed to convert an Enterprise Evaluation to Pro, doing it in two steps: EnterpriseEval to Enterprise (unactivated); then Enterprise (unactivated) to Pro. Details here.

(Note to the moderator/owner: apologies if this is not an appropriate post for this thread, in which case I thank you for deleting it. I posted only to update/correct the assertion quoted above.)

sbpetrack, Jun 13, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

downgrade from Enterprise to Pro

Downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro  

Hey Peter, downgrade from Enterprise to Pro :)

As long as you have a W10 Pro license linked to your MSA for that PC, you would be able to use the generic key under step 1 to downgrade from Enterprise to Pro, then let it automatically activate Pro with your digital license.

Brink, Jun 13, 2022
Thema:

downgrade from Enterprise to Pro

1. downgrade from Enterprise to Pro - Similar Threads - downgrade Enterprise Pro

2. Downgrading from 10 IoT Enterprise to Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downgrading from 10 IoT Enterprise to Pro: I have a PC that has 10 IoT Enterprise OEM on it.Looking to downgrade it to 10 pro.Is it just change product key to the generic 10 pro key, let the PC downgrade then enter a genuine 10 pro key?...
  3. Downgrading from 10 IoT Enterprise to Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downgrading from 10 IoT Enterprise to Pro: I have a PC that has 10 IoT Enterprise OEM on it.Looking to downgrade it to 10 pro.Is it just change product key to the generic 10 pro key, let the PC downgrade then enter a genuine 10 pro key?...
  4. Downgrading from 10 IoT Enterprise to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. downgrade from Enterprise to Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    downgrade from Enterprise to Pro: Hello,A handful of computers at my company were installed as Enterprise and somehow apparently activated ok with a Pro license but as we dont have any Enterprise licenses we need to change the version to Pro.I tried just changing the license key to our Pro one and activating...
  6. downgrade from Enterprise to Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    downgrade from Enterprise to Pro: Hello,A handful of computers at my company were installed as Enterprise and somehow apparently activated ok with a Pro license but as we dont have any Enterprise licenses we need to change the version to Pro.I tried just changing the license key to our Pro one and activating...
  7. Downgrade Windows 10 enterprise to Pro

Downgrade Windows 10 enterprise to Pro: Hi, I installed a Windows 10 enterprise by mistake and did some installations on it, it is not activated till now and I found my product key is a windows 10 Pro. Is there any way to avoid re-installing the windows to activate the pro license ?...
  8. Downgrade windows 10 enterprise to pro

Downgrade windows 10 enterprise to pro: Hi, I found this in the docs on enterprise activation: "Devices with a current Windows 10 Pro license can be seamlessly upgraded to Windows 10 Enterprise". I wonder if this works the other way too? I have a new pro license, so I would like to activate my (enterprise) Windows...
  9. Downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Pro: Hello, I need to downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro. I had windows 8.1 home and upgraded to windows 10 home, using the media creation tool 1809. After windows 10 home installation , I went to Settings > Updates and Security > Activation > Go to...
  10. Downgrade from Enterprise to Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrade from Enterprise to Pro: I upgraded to the latest build (10240) today but managed to enter the enterprise product key by mistake. Is there anyway to change back to pro without reinstalling? I've tried reverting to the previous build but it says the files have been deleted. 8414