Windows 10: Downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Home

Discus and support Downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Home in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop originally came with Windows 10 Home Single Language. However, I wanted to upgrade to Pro and I used the generic Windows product key to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by djdelarosa25, May 13, 2017.

1. Downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Home

My laptop originally came with Windows 10 Home Single Language. However, I wanted to upgrade to Pro and I used the generic Windows product key to upgrade. Then, I found out that I didn't need the Pro features so I now want to downgrade back to Home SL. How do I do that?

:)

djdelarosa25, May 13, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User
    DaveM121, May 13, 2017
  3. S.K. LAM Win User
    How to downgrade the Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home (upgraded from Windows 7 Home)

Hi, everyone, I got the downgrade problem.

A month ago my Windows 7 Home PC-A upgraded to Windows 10 Home.

Then I purchased the Windows 10 Pro retail version and use the key upgrade my PC-A to Windows 10 Pro.

Now I bought the PC-B and want to install the purchased Windows 10 Pro for it.

How can I downgrade the Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home (upgraded from Windows 7 Home)?

S.K. LAM, May 13, 2017
  4. Downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Home

Josey Wales, May 13, 2017
  5. After downgrading, would Windows be automatically activated?

6. NavyLCDR New Member
    If it doesn't, just use showkey plus from this forum to read the Windows 10 Home product key stored in UEFI and then manually change the product key to the product key stored in UEFI.

ShowKeyPlus - Windows 10 Forums

NavyLCDR, May 13, 2017
  7. This laptop originally came with Windows 8.1 Home SL. I upgraded to Windows 10 Home SL for free. After upgrading, I did a clean installation.

I wrote down the product key of my laptop from when it was on Windows 8.1 SL. I remember that the product key changed when it got updated to Windows 10 Home, however I forgot to write it down. Is the product key of the Home installation still stored in the UEFI? If not, can I use the product key from the Windows 8.1 installation to activate it?

8. Downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Home

Just checked using ShowKeyPlus and the OEM key shows that it's for Windows 8.1 Home SL, the original OS of my laptop. It's the same product key as the one I wrote down when I was still on 8.1. Could I use it to activate Windows 10 Home SL?

9. NavyLCDR New Member
    Yes. But, to my knowledge, you cannot downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home Single Language. Single Language is it's own separate edition, different than just plain Windows 10 Home.

NavyLCDR, May 13, 2017
  10. Damn Microsoft, and they allow Windows 10 Home SL to upgrade to Pro, but not the other way around?

djdelarosa25, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Home

1. Downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Home - Similar Threads - Downgrade Pro Home

2. Downgrading from Pro to Home!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Downgrading from Pro to Home!: Hello,I have a copy of Windows 10 Home I purchased in 2016 from Amazon. I've been using it with Parallels on my Apple Macbook. a few months ago I upgraded my Macbook, and got one with an M1 chip. At first Parallels and Windows didn't work at all, and then they caught up and...
  3. Windows 10 downgrade from pro to home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 downgrade from pro to home: Hi. I unwittingly upgraded from Win7 to Win10 Pro instead of Win10Home the free one. Now I cannot activate due no licence key. How do I downgrade to Win10 Home the free one? TIA...
  4. Trying to downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Home

Trying to downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Home: I recently reset my pc and accidentally installed Windows 10 Pro instead of the Home version I have a license key for. I can't find the license key, but when I run the activation troubleshooter it says I already have a digital license for it, I assume from before I reset my...
  5. downgrading to home from pro windos 10

downgrading to home from pro windos 10: hai I have license for windows 10 home but last month changed motherboard & the service center guys installed pro version and now I tried to do a clean install.with windows media center but it always installing 10 pro again . any suggestion...
  6. Downgrade from Win 10 Pro to Home

Downgrade from Win 10 Pro to Home: I Recently brought a new laptop which had genuine Win 10 Home installed but i prefer Pro so i installed it but there was an activation error which said that "the digital license was registered for Win 10 Home Single Language user and not for Pro" so I want to know the proper...
  7. Downgrading from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home

Downgrading from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home: I bought a second hand laptop not too long ago, but it come with Windows 10 Pro already on it. It's now expired and I have no way to reactivate it. My question is can I buy an Activation Code for Windows 10 Home and use that or will i have to buy a new Windows 10 Pro Key? Any...
  8. Downgrade from Pro to Home

Downgrade from Pro to Home: How do I downgrade from Pro to Home? My system seems to have Win 10 Pro... but I have Win 10 Home Product key so it does not accept it because it thinks that I have Pro version. I have tried everything for past 2 days, I have also changed the setting from different things...
  9. Downgrading from Pro to Home

Downgrading from Pro to Home: I downgraded from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home without losing personal files and apps today. The process took approximately two hours, and it was pretty scary, for obvious reasons. I had "researched" for the best procedure prior, but most of the information I got were...
  10. Windows downgrade to home from pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows downgrade to home from pro: Hello I bought a used PC which has a pirated version of windows pro so I bought a genuine version of windows home but when I go to change the product key in setting it says it is not valid I have done some looking around and found I need to downgrade to windows home before I...