Windows 10: Downgrade new WIN11 device to WIN10?

Discus and support Downgrade new WIN11 device to WIN10? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! I just got a laptop, and it came with Windows 11 and an office 365 license. For various reasons, I wanted to downgrade to Windows 10 instead. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by hadeuhgusty, Jan 7, 2022.

1. Downgrade new WIN11 device to WIN10?

Hi! I just got a laptop, and it came with Windows 11 and an office 365 license. For various reasons, I wanted to downgrade to Windows 10 instead. Is there a way to downgrade from WIN11 to WIN10 without having to purchase another license key?Thank you in advance for the help!

:)

hadeuhgusty, Jan 7, 2022
  2. krollo Win User

Downgrading pre-installed Win11 to Win10

Hi guys,

I play AAA games on my HP Omen 15 and generally OS compatibility patches don't roll out immediately for many of them so decided I'd stick with Win10 for the time being until most software have acclimated to Win11.

Say we have this hypothetical scenario where I purchase a new laptop pre-installed with Win11 (most of them already are). If I also buy a Win10 disc/licence key and use that to install Win10, will I still be able to install the Win11 OEM that came with the machine provided I keep the recovery drive intact?

Thanks for your help.

krollo, Jan 7, 2022
  3. bobkn Win User

You may not face a lot of compatibility issues with 11 to begin with.

I don't play "AAA Games" but you may be pleasantly surprised that going to 11 has little effect. Or disappointed that switching to 11 has little effect.

I recommend that you watch for news of issues with the games that you like. It will be inevitable, I suppose that you'll see a number of players with problems, just as you would with most major Windows 10 updates.

bobkn, Jan 7, 2022
  4. sygnus21 Win User

Downgrade new WIN11 device to WIN10?

FYI, I'm running the RTM release of Windows 11 on system one PC is system specs and I can play AAA games without issue. Currently playing Cyberpunk 2077, Division 2, and Dishonored (yes, currently playing 3 games at a time), and have no gaming issues.

What game(s) are you worried about that you need to downgrade to Windows 10? While I've not played every game on the market, I'm 99.9 sure if it plays on Windows 10, it'll run on Windows 11.

Also not buying into that 25 percent performance drop nonsense. Like anything PC a million things can influence gaming, and yes, Windows 11 is a new OS, but as I said, no gaming issues here. Sounds like click bait to me.

sygnus21, Jan 7, 2022
Thema:

Downgrade new WIN11 device to WIN10?

1. Downgrade new WIN11 device to WIN10? - Similar Threads - Downgrade WIN11 device

2. How to Downgrade to WIN10 from WIN11 Officially

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Downgrade to WIN10 from WIN11 Officially: Hello, I have a Acer Laptop which I bought on June 2019 and it came preinstalled with Windows 10 but when Windows 11 was released I upgraded for free but now I want to downgrade it back to Windows 10 as I am having issues with some SW and performance .. Ques1. How I do it...
  3. How to Downgrade to WIN10 from WIN11 Officially

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Downgrade to WIN10 from WIN11 Officially: Hello, I have a Acer Laptop which I bought on June 2019 and it came preinstalled with Windows 10 but when Windows 11 was released I upgraded for free but now I want to downgrade it back to Windows 10 as I am having issues with some SW and performance .. Ques1. How I do it...
  4. downgrading from win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    downgrading from win11: ive been trying to downgrade from windows 11, but since it has been past 10 days ive been trying to use installation media but it seems to keep failing and im not sure what to do....
  5. downgrading from win11

downgrading from win11: ive been trying to downgrade from windows 11, but since it has been past 10 days ive been trying to use installation media but it seems to keep failing and im not sure what to do....
  6. Win11 misery. Can I downgrade to win10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 misery. Can I downgrade to win10?: Since a few weeks I have a new laptop with win 11 and it's giving me so many problems with various programs. Everytime that tried to install some programs like comodo firewall, revo pro or graphic programs all legit the system became very slow. Unistall programs became nearly...
  7. Win11 misery. Can I downgrade to win10?

Win11 misery. Can I downgrade to win10?: Since a few weeks I have a new laptop with win 11 and it's giving me so many problems with various programs. Everytime that tried to install some programs like comodo firewall, revo pro or graphic programs all legit the system became very slow. Unistall programs became nearly...
  8. Downgrade from Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downgrade from Win11: Hello.I am considering a mini-PC for my astronomy work that requires Win10 Pro, and the PC comes with Win 11 Pro. I want to know if downgrading to 10 is possible and if I need to use a separate license or I can downgrade readily.Thanks...
  9. Downgrade from Win11

Downgrade from Win11: Hello.I am considering a mini-PC for my astronomy work that requires Win10 Pro, and the PC comes with Win 11 Pro. I want to know if downgrading to 10 is possible and if I need to use a separate license or I can downgrade readily.Thanks...
  10. Downgrade new WIN11 device to WIN10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downgrade new WIN11 device to WIN10?: Hi! I just got a laptop, and it came with Windows 11 and an office 365 license. For various reasons, I wanted to downgrade to Windows 10 instead. Is there a way to downgrade from WIN11 to WIN10 without having to purchase another license key?Thank you in advance for the help!...