Windows 10: "Downgrade" to "lower" Win10 version by System Restore possible?

Discus and support "Downgrade" to "lower" Win10 version by System Restore possible? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Assume I created a SRP on a Win10 v1803 system. Later I was upgraded by automatic updates to Win10 v1903, Then after some problems in the following... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pstein, Sep 14, 2019.

1. pstein Win User

"Downgrade" to "lower" Win10 version by System Restore possible?

Assume I created a SRP on a Win10 v1803 system.

Later I was upgraded by automatic updates to Win10 v1903,

Then after some problems in the following weeks I decided to do a System restore to the SRP I created in the past.

Is this possible? Or are (in general) only SRP inside the same, current Win10 version restorable ?

In order to not beeing forced again in the next days for an Upgrade v1803---v1903 I plan zu enable an Update Blocker until Microsoft solved the problems.

Peter

:)

pstein, Sep 14, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

downgrading my windows 10 to my previous version

Hi Elias,

Downgrading to a lower version is possible with the use of a recovery drive of the lower version, an ISO file of the downgrade version and a system restore. You can refer to this
    Forum Article created by Andre Da Costa for a step by step procedure
    on how to downgrade from Windows 10 to a lower version. You can also check this article for more
    recovery options and check the
    Restore from a system restore point and Reset your PC sections for downgrade options.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query anytime. a

Anne Ros, Sep 14, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    SYSTEM RESTORE

Hello Angel,

Windows 10 may have encountered a system conflict when it tried to perform a system restore. For us to better assist you on performing a system restore, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the exact error message are you getting? If possible can you send us a screenshot using the attach photo feature on your reply.
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To check type in
      winver on the search bar and press Enter.

Meanwhile, for a walkthrough on how to perform a system restore, kindly follow the steps on this

article
    and see the section that says Restore from a system restore point.
    On another note, we also suggest that you check the Windows Defender settings and lower down the security if it is on high security. This can also be another issue why it is preventing an update to be installed.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Sep 14, 2019
  4. "Downgrade" to "lower" Win10 version by System Restore possible?

System restore in Win10

I ran into a situation where I think system restore may solve the problem. This desktop system originally came with WIN7 and it was automatically updated to WIN10 quite a while ago. I have used system restore in previous versions of Windows but this is the
    first time using WIN10 restore.

When i go into system restore the screen lists a restore point with the date i would like to use for C: drive. Then it also lists a Recovery drive with the status of The drive is not in the selected restore point.

Above that box is a Warning Icon stating you must always restore the drive that contains Windows. Restoring other drives is optional.

Is there anything to worry about here? I haven't seen the warning message in other system restores in the past.

Thanks

Ron

dresdenron, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

"Downgrade" to "lower" Win10 version by System Restore possible?

1. "Downgrade" to "lower" Win10 version by System Restore possible? - Similar Threads - Downgrade lower Win10

2. Win10 System Restore Failure.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 System Restore Failure.: Hi,I'm trying to do a system restore from a system restore point on a failed boot from the Safe Boot Troubleshooting startup system.It runs for a while, finishes and then says it failed with error 0x80070780 and the message is saying the error is restoring...
  3. Win10 System Restore Failure.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 System Restore Failure.: Hi,I'm trying to do a system restore from a system restore point on a failed boot from the Safe Boot Troubleshooting startup system.It runs for a while, finishes and then says it failed with error 0x80070780 and the message is saying the error is restoring...
  4. Win10 System Restore Failure.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. does system restore downgrade windows versions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does system restore downgrade windows versions: if i create a system restore point on windows 10 then upgrade back to windows 11 will it downgrade back to windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-system-restore-downgrade-windows-versions/cd066f4c-fe91-4e10-a909-2d048d6b8a60
  6. does system restore downgrade windows versions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    does system restore downgrade windows versions: if i create a system restore point on windows 10 then upgrade back to windows 11 will it downgrade back to windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-system-restore-downgrade-windows-versions/cd066f4c-fe91-4e10-a909-2d048d6b8a60
  7. bitlocker key is not working after windows downgrading to lower version

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bitlocker key is not working after windows downgrading to lower version: i have downgraded windows 10 pro 1909 to older window 10 pro 2015...but BitLocker key is not working now...how can i unlock BitLocker ? pls help me...thank you...
  8. "Downgrade" to "lower" Win10 version by System Restore possible?

in Windows 10 Support
    "Downgrade" to "lower" Win10 version by System Restore possible?: Assume I created a SRP on a Win10 v1803 system. Later I was upgraded by automatic updates to Win10 v1903, Then after some problems in the following weeks I decided to do a System restore to the SRP I created in the past. Is this possible? Or are (in general) only SRP...
  9. System restore in Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore in Win10: I ran into a situation where I think system restore may solve the problem. This desktop system originally came with WIN7 and it was automatically updated to WIN10 quite a while ago. I have used system restore in previous versions of Windows but this is the first time using...
  10. Unwanted Possible System Restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Unwanted Possible System Restore: When I logged in today my system it took longer to load than usual and then the start screen looks like I just started with W10. I lost all favs and picked up this movable blue image on the right side of the monitor. This image has a percentage number inside and a search...