Windows 10: Downgrade to XP

Discus and support Downgrade to XP in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I need a copy of Windows XP, and I can't seem to find any legitmate way to purchase a copy (other than second hand software), and I noticed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Wolf95, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Wolf95 Win User

Downgrade to XP

Hello,

I need a copy of Windows XP, and I can't seem to find any legitmate way to purchase a copy (other than second hand software), and I noticed that through Windows 10 Pro Commercial Licensing, I'd have downgrade rights to Windows XP (I need Pro). What would be the process for downgrading to that version of Windows? I can't find any details on this.

Thanks!

:)

Wolf95, Aug 19, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 19, 2019
  3. Windows XP Downgrade

How exactly do you do a Windows XP downgrade?

I'm going to be upgrading my machine as seen in my other thread.

I just found out my college will be giving me an OEM copy of Windows 7 Professional.

I know that comes with downgrade rights to XP Pro and I prefer to use XP Pro.

I've got an XP Pro OEM disc, but no key.

My current machine has XP Home on it.:shadedshu

How do I go about getting the XP Pro key to install XP Pro?

Eric_Cartman, Aug 19, 2019
  4. Downgrade to XP

Product Key not valid for downgrade

The problem is Microsoft never handled it.

Downgrade rights is handled by Lenovo, etc.

This is the information I saved before Microsoft pulled it:

Here is the information about Downgrade rights. It is an old Microsoft link which they removed but the information still apples>

Device Partner Center

Downgrade rights for Windows software
    The following OEM versions of Windows software are eligible for downgrade rights.

[table][tr][td]Windows 10 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 8.1 Pro
    • Windows 7 Professional
    [/td][td]Windows 8.1 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 7 Professional
    • Windows Vista Business
    [/td][td]Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate include downgrade rights to:
    • Windows Vista Business and Windows Vista Ultimate
    • Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, or Windows XP x64 Edition
    Note Other OEM Windows 7 versions (for example, Windows 7 Home Basic and Windows 7 Home Premium) do not include downgrade rights.[/td][/tr][/table]

Note downgrade rights are only available as long as Microsoft provides support for that earlier version,
    as outlined in the
    Windows lifecycle fact sheet

Steps for an end user to downgrade Windows software
    To downgrade eligible Windows software, end users must:

• Purchase a PC preinstalled with Windows software.
    • Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
    • Perform the downgrade process to the eligible downgrade product using the media/key from a genuine, previously licensed OEM or retail product.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

That's why I advise you to contact Lenovo.

Bill Smithers, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

Downgrade to XP

1. Downgrade to XP - Similar Threads - Downgrade

2. Downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Home and Transfer Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Home and Transfer Key: I bought a laptop and had Windows 10 Home on it. Later, I got a key for Windows 10 Pro, and upgraded my laptop. I recently got a new desktop, and would like to use that pro key on it rather than my laptop. I tried the downgrade steps in this...
  3. How do i downgrade to a older version?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i downgrade to a older version?: Ever since they forced me to upgrade to 1903, i am suffering from huge amounts of input lag, the performance of my games have dropped significantly aswell. I tried upgrading to 1909 with the same results. I was completely fine on 1709 until they forced me, i want to try 1809...
  4. how do i downgrade windows 10 enterprise N to a normal windows 10 (pro)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i downgrade windows 10 enterprise N to a normal windows 10 (pro): i have a windows 10 pro oem key but it wont let me activate it submitted by /u/itzlolo1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/drj59k/how_do_i_downgrade_windows_10_enterprise_n_to_a/
  5. downgrading to windows 8.1 from windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    downgrading to windows 8.1 from windows 10: I made a big mistake when I upgrade to windows 10. Every thing is slower an I want badly to go back to windows 8.1, it's been more than 30 days. Is there a way to do it....
  6. Why does Windows Update downgrades the display driver for Intel HD 5500?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does Windows Update downgrades the display driver for Intel HD 5500?: I have a Lenovo Yoga 500-15IBD notebook with an Intel Core i3-5020 CPU and an integrated Intel HD Graphics 5500. I commonly use the Intel Driver and Support Assistant to update my drivers and it updated the graphics driver a few months ago to version 15.40 (20.19.15.5063)....
  7. downgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    downgrade: Is there an easy way to go back to windows 8.1 after 2 months of windows 10. Windows 8.1 was a lot easier and faster than 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade/0aaa90cb-2e15-41e6-b0f3-b4f17da8645a
  8. Suddenly 5.1 Sound downgraded to 2.1 on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Suddenly 5.1 Sound downgraded to 2.1 on Windows 10: Hi, I have a 5.1 Setup with Teufel Concept E 300 using the decoder station (av receiver) connected via optical cable with my computer (onboard, ROG MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA | Motherboards | ASUS Global). Since last week, I have the problem, that my pc sound is not played...
  9. Can I please downgrade from windows 10 before i commit suicide?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can I please downgrade from windows 10 before i commit suicide?: I seriously can no longer deal with the mouse lag while gaming the only reason I havent just reloaded my machine is because I purchased office electronically and, matter of fact "F" it. If I cant get help I'll just do it myself but, I thought I would ask for help....
  10. Downgrade from Media Player 12 to version 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downgrade from Media Player 12 to version 11: Hello, the recent significant update "feature update to Windows 10, version 1903" seems to have replace MP 11, perfectly functional, with the inferior version 12. For example, 11 would show current file's properties such as Title, Artist. Someone in Microsoft thought this was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 will not let me downgrade to xp

2. down grage to windows xp 2019