Windows 10: Downgrade to XP

Discus and support Downgrade to XP in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I need a copy of Windows XP, and I can't seem to find any legitmate way to purchase a copy (other than second hand software), and I noticed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Wolf95, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Wolf95 Win User

Downgrade to XP

Hello,

I need a copy of Windows XP, and I can't seem to find any legitmate way to purchase a copy (other than second hand software), and I noticed that through Windows 10 Pro Commercial Licensing, I'd have downgrade rights to Windows XP (I need Pro). What would be the process for downgrading to that version of Windows? I can't find any details on this.

Thanks!

:)

Wolf95, Aug 19, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 19, 2019
  3. Windows XP Downgrade

How exactly do you do a Windows XP downgrade?

I'm going to be upgrading my machine as seen in my other thread.

I just found out my college will be giving me an OEM copy of Windows 7 Professional.

I know that comes with downgrade rights to XP Pro and I prefer to use XP Pro.

I've got an XP Pro OEM disc, but no key.

My current machine has XP Home on it.:shadedshu

How do I go about getting the XP Pro key to install XP Pro?

Eric_Cartman, Aug 19, 2019
  4. Downgrade to XP

Product Key not valid for downgrade

The problem is Microsoft never handled it.

Downgrade rights is handled by Lenovo, etc.

This is the information I saved before Microsoft pulled it:

Here is the information about Downgrade rights. It is an old Microsoft link which they removed but the information still apples>

Device Partner Center

Downgrade rights for Windows software
    The following OEM versions of Windows software are eligible for downgrade rights.

[table][tr][td]Windows 10 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 8.1 Pro
    • Windows 7 Professional
    [/td][td]Windows 8.1 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 7 Professional
    • Windows Vista Business
    [/td][td]Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate include downgrade rights to:
    • Windows Vista Business and Windows Vista Ultimate
    • Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, or Windows XP x64 Edition
    Note Other OEM Windows 7 versions (for example, Windows 7 Home Basic and Windows 7 Home Premium) do not include downgrade rights.[/td][/tr][/table]

Note downgrade rights are only available as long as Microsoft provides support for that earlier version,
    as outlined in the
    Windows lifecycle fact sheet

Steps for an end user to downgrade Windows software
    To downgrade eligible Windows software, end users must:

• Purchase a PC preinstalled with Windows software.
    • Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
    • Perform the downgrade process to the eligible downgrade product using the media/key from a genuine, previously licensed OEM or retail product.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

That's why I advise you to contact Lenovo.

Bill Smithers, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

Downgrade to XP

1. Downgrade to XP - Similar Threads - Downgrade

2. I have issues after downgrading my laptop from windows 11 to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have issues after downgrading my laptop from windows 11 to 10: I went back to windows 10,Icons for apps work perfectly fine, but icons like start, notification, wifi, volume, battery etc doesn't work keyboard icon worksI don't get any error codes or messages...
  3. I have issues after downgrading my laptop from windows 11 to 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have issues after downgrading my laptop from windows 11 to 10: I went back to windows 10,Icons for apps work perfectly fine, but icons like start, notification, wifi, volume, battery etc doesn't work keyboard icon worksI don't get any error codes or messages...
  4. Is it possible to downgrade Windows XP to 98 without a previous installation of 98?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to downgrade Windows XP to 98 without a previous installation of 98?: Or at least how to manually uninstall Windows XP & its components. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-downgrade-windows-xp-to-98/efe8f5dd-8682-4826-b184-f16771203400
  5. Is it possible to downgrade Windows XP to 98 without a previous installation of 98?

Is it possible to downgrade Windows XP to 98 without a previous installation of 98?: Or at least how to manually uninstall Windows XP & its components. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-downgrade-windows-xp-to-98/efe8f5dd-8682-4826-b184-f16771203400
  6. downgrading from win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    downgrading from win11: ive been trying to downgrade from windows 11, but since it has been past 10 days ive been trying to use installation media but it seems to keep failing and im not sure what to do....
  7. downgrading from win11

downgrading from win11: ive been trying to downgrade from windows 11, but since it has been past 10 days ive been trying to use installation media but it seems to keep failing and im not sure what to do....
  8. How do I downgrade from Windows 11 without any data loss?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I downgrade from Windows 11 without any data loss?: Hi there, I want to downgrade to Windows 10 without any data loss. I upgraded to Windows 11 about 2 years ago but now i really dislike it, how can I downgrade with NO loss of anything? When Microsoft says ‘no personal files are lost’, it seems really vague, what do i lose?...
  9. How do I downgrade from Windows 11 without any data loss?

How do I downgrade from Windows 11 without any data loss?: Hi there, I want to downgrade to Windows 10 without any data loss. I upgraded to Windows 11 about 2 years ago but now i really dislike it, how can I downgrade with NO loss of anything? When Microsoft says ‘no personal files are lost’, it seems really vague, what do i lose?...
  10. I just want to downgrade Windows 10

I just want to downgrade Windows 10: Ok, I was asking my brother to buy me a Minecraft game, but he told me to upgrade Windows 11 that he can buy me a Minecraft game. So I upgraded. But I was worried about Windows 10. I really don't like Windows 11, it's so bad. I need to tell the engineers of Microsoft to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 will not let me downgrade to xp

2. down grage to windows xp 2019