Windows 10: downgrade win 10 enterprise to win 10 pro

Discus and support downgrade win 10 enterprise to win 10 pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Dell oem win key is win10 enterprise that i can not update 1703. Can i downgrade win 10 enterprise to win 10 pro? windows update will release... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by katoon, May 11, 2017.

1. katoon Win User

downgrade win 10 enterprise to win 10 pro

My Dell oem win key is win10 enterprise that i can not update 1703.
    Can i downgrade win 10 enterprise to win 10 pro?
    windows update will release update 1703 for enterprise or not?

:)

katoon, May 11, 2017

2. Currently: Windows 7 Enterprise Need: Windows 10

Enterprise is not part of the free upgrade. Enterprise cannot be downgraded to anything else. You will either need to install win 7 and upgrade or purchase a win 10 key and clean install.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), May 11, 2017
  3. mlg63 Win User
    Reverting to original license in windows 10

Windows 7 key is not embedded as win 8 is. He will need the original win 7 pro key since Enterprise is not actually activated. It cannot be activated without a volume license. Only windows 10 Pro was eligible to install on a win 7 pro computer. Enterprise
    is not part of the free upgrade offer. The tech was wrong to have installed Enterprise.

The original Win 10 upgrade was never completely installed so there is no activated license to retrieve. If there is a sticker with the activation key on the computer, that can be used to activate Win 10 Pro.

mlg63, May 11, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Guide to downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Professional:
    1. Open regedit.exe and navigate to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion
    2. Change ProductName to Windows 10 Professional
    3. Change EditionID to Professional
    4. Navigate now to HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Wind*ows NT\CurrentVersion
    5. Change ProductName to Windows 10 Professional
    6. Change EditionID to Professional
    7. Close regedit.exe (no need to restart)
    8. Start the Windows 10 Pro installation from your installation media.

NOTE: A valid product key for Windows 10 Professional is required.

NavyLCDR, May 11, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, May 11, 2017
  6. katoon Win User
    i don't understand when i buy this tablet it include win 8.1 pro. when changed to win 10 it change to enterprise.
    now i want it back to win 10 pro i need to buy win 10 pro key.
    win 10 enterprise need to have user in volume licensing service center that i have not buy that.
    Can i update win 10 enterprise 1703 with out VLSC?

katoon, May 11, 2017
  7. katoon Win User
    THK for your recommentation but i don't want to download iso every time windows update.
    if i can change it back to pro, windows update will do it for me.

downgrade win 10 enterprise to win 10 pro [​IMG]

katoon, May 11, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

To be able to downgrade to Windows 10 Pro, you would need to have a Windows 10 Pro key. A Windows 8.1 Pro key wouldn't work. *Sad

Brink, May 11, 2017
  9. katoon Win User
    may i ask for windows assistant to support win 10 enterprise ?

katoon, May 11, 2017
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    What does Showkey Plus show for Windows product keys (either installed or in UEFI firmware)?
    ShowKeyPlus - Windows 10 Forums

Note: just click on the product keys to blank them out, then you can post the screenshot.

If you have a Windows 8 Pro product key stored in UEFI, then you can just clean install Windows 10 Pro and it will activate itself based on the Windows 8 Pro product key stored in UEFI. Whatever version of Windows 8 product key is in UEFI (If there is one) - that same version of Windows 10 will pick it up and activate itself.

NavyLCDR, May 11, 2017
  11. katoon Win User

katoon, May 11, 2017
  12. NavyLCDR New Member
    I would try downgrading to Windows 10 Pro using the registry edits provided in post #2, then try to change the product key on the activation page under settings, Updates & Security to the Windows 8 Pro product key stored in UEFI given by Showkey Plus.

NavyLCDR, May 11, 2017
  13. katoon Win User

THK for your recomment
    clean install win 10 is new for me. all program and profile should be re-install that is big job. i will consider it in the last choice.

katoon, May 11, 2017
  14. NavyLCDR New Member
    The instructions in Post #2 do not require a clean install.

NavyLCDR, May 11, 2017
  15. katoon Win User
    ok good to try i will prepare installation win 10 pro usb
    THK again

katoon, May 11, 2017
Thema:

1. downgrade win 10 enterprise to win 10 pro - Similar Threads - downgrade enterprise pro

2. downgrade win 10 edu to win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    downgrade win 10 edu to win 10 pro: i need to downgrade windows 10 pro education to windows 10 pro and i used the media creation tool to do an ISO file for the reinstall and im stuck at a certain point where its asking me to keep personal files and apps, keep personal files or keep nothing. what should I pick?...
  3. downgrade win 10 edu to win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    downgrade win 10 edu to win 10 pro: i need to downgrade windows 10 pro education to windows 10 pro and i used the media creation tool to do an ISO file for the reinstall and im stuck at a certain point where its asking me to keep personal files and apps, keep personal files or keep nothing. what should I pick?...
  4. downgrade win 10 edu to win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. downgrading Win 10 education to Win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    downgrading Win 10 education to Win 10 pro: I bought a Lenovo n23 80ur from Ebay and it was supposed to have Win 10 Pro but it has Win 10 Education. I need to downgrade to Win 10 pro. There is an OEM key in it. Is there a way to get the Pro version with this OEM key? And if I hard reset it how wo uld I go about doing...
  6. downgrading Win 10 education to Win 10 pro

downgrading Win 10 education to Win 10 pro: I bought a Lenovo n23 80ur from Ebay and it was supposed to have Win 10 Pro but it has Win 10 Education. I need to downgrade to Win 10 pro. There is an OEM key in it. Is there a way to get the Pro version with this OEM key? And if I hard reset it how wo uld I go about doing...
  7. downgrading Win 10 education to Win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. Downgrade WIN 10 EDU to Pro

Downgrade WIN 10 EDU to Pro: Hello,because of change of Microsoft internal policy, our organisation no longer applies for WIN 10 EDU licence so we need to change to PRO licences on end devices.We use KMS server to activate our machines.When I tried Using Changepk.exe /ProductKey...
  9. update win 10 pro to win 10 enterprise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update win 10 pro to win 10 enterprise: how do I update win 10 pro to win 10 enterprise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-win-10-pro-to-win-10-enterprise/eb8181f1-c57b-45c4-aedd-ff7fee26ea14
  10. Downgrade from win 10 enterprise to home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Downgrade from win 10 enterprise to home: when i try to change its says 0xC004F069 my stupid brother installed a cracked windows 10 enterprise and said "it will help you , its the best windows version" without knowing anything about it. Damn it. Now i have a GVLK license and its gonna run out in 178 days , help...