Windows 10: Downgrade Win 10 to 32bit, Keeps going back to install screen.

Discus and support Downgrade Win 10 to 32bit, Keeps going back to install screen. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to "downgrade" to windows 10 Pro 32 bit, as a program we use requires 32-bit to operate. Trying to use a new Dell Optiplex 3070 which i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JeffR7n7, Mar 28, 2020.

1. JeffR7n7 Win User

Downgrade Win 10 to 32bit, Keeps going back to install screen.

I am trying to "downgrade" to windows 10 Pro 32 bit, as a program we use requires 32-bit to operate. Trying to use a new Dell Optiplex 3070 which i specifically bought as a 64 and am trying to change. I did this with an older Dell before.

The issue I have now is that in attempting to install Win 10 32 bit from a USB Media, that I downloaded using the media creation tool to create 32-bit install file on a USB. I'm booting from a legacy device because the UEPI didn't find the stick. Windows starts up, I click Next, Install Now, Accept License, Select Partition, goes through to the "Windows needs to restart". Then when it does restart it goes back to the pick if you want 32 bit or 64 bit. Not sure what the issue is but would appreciate help.

Thank you.

:)

JeffR7n7, Mar 28, 2020

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Mar 28, 2020
  3. win 10 downgrade to win 7

Hi,

You can downgrade it, BUT:

As it is an OEM preinstalled operating system Windows 10 Pro, you will have to contact Lenovo and discuss this with them.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Here is the information about Downgrade rights. It is an old Microsoft link which they removed but the information still apples>

Device Partner Center

Downgrade rights for Windows software
    The following OEM versions of Windows software are eligible for downgrade rights.

[table][tr][td]Windows 10 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 8.1 Pro
    • Windows 7 Professional
    [/td][td]Windows 8.1 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 7 Professional
    • Windows Vista Business
    [/td][td]Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate include downgrade rights to:
    • Windows Vista Business and Windows Vista Ultimate
    • Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, or Windows XP x64 Edition
    Note Other OEM Windows 7 versions (for example, Windows 7 Home Basic and Windows 7 Home Premium) do not include downgrade rights.[/td][/tr][/table]

Note downgrade rights are only available as long as Microsoft provides support for that earlier version,
    as outlined in the
    Windows lifecycle fact sheet

Steps for an end user to downgrade Windows software
    To downgrade eligible Windows software, end users must:

• Purchase a PC preinstalled with Windows software.
    • Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
    • Perform the downgrade process to the eligible downgrade product using the media/key from a genuine, previously licensed OEM or retail product.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet

Windows downgrade rights ]

To use prior versions of Windows software on PCs installed with newer versions, it is possible for consumers to obtain a license for downgrade rights. These downgrade rights will vary depending on whether the software was acquired via Volume Licensing,
    OEM, or FPP. To learn more about these rights, review the
    downgrade rights licensing brief
    . Prior versions of Windows, including Windows 7 and Windows 8.1, have limited support when running on new processors and chipsets from manufacturers like Intel, AMD, NVidia, and Qualcomm.
    For more information, please see the Microsoft Lifecycle FAQ. A device may not be able to run prior versions of Windows if the
    device hardware is incompatible, lacks current drivers, or is otherwise outside of the original equipment manufacturer’s (OEM) support period.

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Mr Bob H Win User

Downgrade back to win 7.

I want to downgrade back to win 7, however that option is not available, its been over 30 days since i installed from the get win 10 icon. I have a external backup connected to my computer so all my files are backed up. I need help to go back to win 7. What
    are the steps? Just don't like Win 10.

The option to go back has gone from the recovery option.

Bob Hen

Mr Bob H, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Downgrade Win 10 to 32bit, Keeps going back to install screen. - Similar Threads - Downgrade 32bit Keeps

2. Downgrade to Windos 10 There's NO GO BACK OPTION ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downgrade to Windos 10 There's NO GO BACK OPTION ?: HI, I upgraded my pc from windows 10 to windows 11 Before 3 days ,And now i'm trying to downgrade but there is no go back option.Is there any solution ?...
  3. Downgrade to Windos 10 There's NO GO BACK OPTION ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downgrade to Windos 10 There's NO GO BACK OPTION ?: HI, I upgraded my pc from windows 10 to windows 11 Before 3 days ,And now i'm trying to downgrade but there is no go back option.Is there any solution ?...
  4. downgraded but cant go back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    downgraded but cant go back: I downgraded from win11 to win10 and can't seem to go back to win11 I've been trying and nothings showing up in updates and I've made sure my computer can run win11 and it's confirmed that it can, does anyone know what to do to upgrade back? If so please do reply to this...
  5. downgraded but cant go back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    downgraded but cant go back: I downgraded from win11 to win10 and can't seem to go back to win11 I've been trying and nothings showing up in updates and I've made sure my computer can run win11 and it's confirmed that it can, does anyone know what to do to upgrade back? If so please do reply to this...
  6. downgraded but cant go back

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Keeps going back to LOGIN screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keeps going back to LOGIN screen: Windows 10, version 21H2, Updated to December 14, 2021—KB5008212My computer keeps going back to the logon screen after a few minutes so then I have to enter my password again and again. After a few minutes of no use it goes back to the sign in page all over again. Screen...
  8. Keeps going back to LOGIN screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keeps going back to LOGIN screen: Windows 10, version 21H2, Updated to December 14, 2021—KB5008212My computer keeps going back to the logon screen after a few minutes so then I have to enter my password again and again. After a few minutes of no use it goes back to the sign in page all over again. Screen...
  9. Downgrading and going back to Windows 10

Downgrading and going back to Windows 10: Well, I have the latest Windows 10 update installed in my notebook, and I have been having problems with the compatibility of my drivers and Windows, as a consequence some games can't be played. To make them playable I have to either downgrade windows or the software...
  10. "downgrade" 64bit win 10 to 32bit

"downgrade" 64bit win 10 to 32bit: I have win 10 home 64bit installed and activation successful. Installed by windows update. before this, on my laptop installed win 7 home premium 64 bit. What can I do if I want to change win 10 64 bit to win 10 32bit ? I only have cd original win 7home premium. My RAM...