Windows 10: Downgrade win 10 to 7

Discus and support Downgrade win 10 to 7 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, Is this possible to downgrade windows 10 to windows 7 or I could use windows 10 license key for windows 7? Regards, majid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by majid sebt, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Downgrade win 10 to 7

Hi,

Is this possible to downgrade windows 10 to windows 7 or I could use windows 10 license key for windows 7?

Regards,

majid

:)

majid sebt, Dec 2, 2019

2. win 10 downgrade to win 7

Hi,

You can downgrade it, BUT:

As it is an OEM preinstalled operating system Windows 10 Pro, you will have to contact Lenovo and discuss this with them.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Here is the information about Downgrade rights. It is an old Microsoft link which they removed but the information still apples>

Device Partner Center

Downgrade rights for Windows software
    The following OEM versions of Windows software are eligible for downgrade rights.

[table][tr][td]Windows 10 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 8.1 Pro
    • Windows 7 Professional
    [/td][td]Windows 8.1 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 7 Professional
    • Windows Vista Business
    [/td][td]Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate include downgrade rights to:
    • Windows Vista Business and Windows Vista Ultimate
    • Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, or Windows XP x64 Edition
    Note Other OEM Windows 7 versions (for example, Windows 7 Home Basic and Windows 7 Home Premium) do not include downgrade rights.[/td][/tr][/table]

Note downgrade rights are only available as long as Microsoft provides support for that earlier version,
    as outlined in the
    Windows lifecycle fact sheet

Steps for an end user to downgrade Windows software
    To downgrade eligible Windows software, end users must:

• Purchase a PC preinstalled with Windows software.
    • Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
    • Perform the downgrade process to the eligible downgrade product using the media/key from a genuine, previously licensed OEM or retail product.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet

Windows downgrade rights ]

To use prior versions of Windows software on PCs installed with newer versions, it is possible for consumers to obtain a license for downgrade rights. These downgrade rights will vary depending on whether the software was acquired via Volume Licensing,
    OEM, or FPP. To learn more about these rights, review the
    downgrade rights licensing brief
    . Prior versions of Windows, including Windows 7 and Windows 8.1, have limited support when running on new processors and chipsets from manufacturers like Intel, AMD, NVidia, and Qualcomm.
    For more information, please see the Microsoft Lifecycle FAQ. A device may not be able to run prior versions of Windows if the
    device hardware is incompatible, lacks current drivers, or is otherwise outside of the original equipment manufacturer’s (OEM) support period.

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Dec 2, 2019
  3. bsod after downgrading from windows 10 to windows 7

Hello there, tom.
    I would try these:
    • Get your Windows 7 media device and reinstall Windows
    • Try auto-repair
    • Follow these steps:

1. Put in your Windows 10 media device, boot into the USB
    2. Select your language and keyboard input, then click next.
    3. Click "Repair this computer"
    4. Go to "Advanced options"
    5. click system restore
    6. Select a restore point before you downgraded to Windows 7.
    Hope I helped!

AbAppletic, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Mr Bob H Win User

Downgrade win 10 to 7

Downgrade back to win 7.

I want to downgrade back to win 7, however that option is not available, its been over 30 days since i installed from the get win 10 icon. I have a external backup connected to my computer so all my files are backed up. I need help to go back to win 7. What
    are the steps? Just don't like Win 10.

The option to go back has gone from the recovery option.

Bob Hen

Mr Bob H, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Downgrade win 10 to 7

1. Downgrade win 10 to 7 - Similar Threads - Downgrade

2. Will downgrading from Windows 11 to Windows 10 delete these pre-installed apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will downgrading from Windows 11 to Windows 10 delete these pre-installed apps?: Hi, i have this Acer gaming laptop which comes with Windows 10 and i upgraded it to Windows 11 before, but it has few problems such as the whole system yes including windows and everything lags or stutters, so i came to conclusion that downgrading to Windows 10 might be the...
  3. Will downgrading from Windows 11 to Windows 10 delete these pre-installed apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will downgrading from Windows 11 to Windows 10 delete these pre-installed apps?: Hi, i have this Acer gaming laptop which comes with Windows 10 and i upgraded it to Windows 11 before, but it has few problems such as the whole system yes including windows and everything lags or stutters, so i came to conclusion that downgrading to Windows 10 might be the...
  4. can you downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can you downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro?: can you downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-downgrade-windows-10-enterprise-to-windows/3bb5f55c-60f1-4c33-9fbf-b4b4c9453116
  5. can you downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro?

can you downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro?: can you downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-downgrade-windows-10-enterprise-to-windows/3bb5f55c-60f1-4c33-9fbf-b4b4c9453116
  6. can you downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How to Downgrade to WIN10 from WIN11 Officially

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Downgrade to WIN10 from WIN11 Officially: Hello, I have a Acer Laptop which I bought on June 2019 and it came preinstalled with Windows 10 but when Windows 11 was released I upgraded for free but now I want to downgrade it back to Windows 10 as I am having issues with some SW and performance .. Ques1. How I do it...
  8. How to Downgrade to WIN10 from WIN11 Officially

How to Downgrade to WIN10 from WIN11 Officially: Hello, I have a Acer Laptop which I bought on June 2019 and it came preinstalled with Windows 10 but when Windows 11 was released I upgraded for free but now I want to downgrade it back to Windows 10 as I am having issues with some SW and performance .. Ques1. How I do it...
  9. I need help getting out of BSOD after trying to downgrade Windows from 11 to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help getting out of BSOD after trying to downgrade Windows from 11 to 10: My MoBo: GIGABYTE H410M S2My CPU: Intel i5-10400fMy GPU: NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 1030Basically I tried enabling secure boot on win 11 but it did not work, so I thought of downgrading my system but of course something had to go wrong and i am stuck in a loop of BSODs....
  10. I need help getting out of BSOD after trying to downgrade Windows from 11 to 10

I need help getting out of BSOD after trying to downgrade Windows from 11 to 10: My MoBo: GIGABYTE H410M S2My CPU: Intel i5-10400fMy GPU: NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 1030Basically I tried enabling secure boot on win 11 but it did not work, so I thought of downgrading my system but of course something had to go wrong and i am stuck in a loop of BSODs....