Windows 10: Downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Home and Transfer Key

Discus and support Downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Home and Transfer Key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a laptop and had Windows 10 Home on it. Later, I got a key for Windows 10 Pro, and upgraded my laptop. I recently got a new desktop, and would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Clambert314, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Home and Transfer Key

I bought a laptop and had Windows 10 Home on it. Later, I got a key for Windows 10 Pro, and upgraded my laptop. I recently got a new desktop, and would like to use that pro key on it rather than my laptop. I tried the downgrade steps in this articlehttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/downgrade-from-windows-10-pro-to-home/345f5464-cb7a-44b3-8856-237cbec072c8 but they didn't work, it tried to reinstall Windows 10 Pro. Is there a way to do what I'm wanting to do, or will I just need to buy another copy?

:)

Clambert314, Nov 8, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Usable Product Keys for Enterprise downgrade to Pro

Hello wetenhr, and welcome to Ten Forums. Downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Home and Transfer Key :)

You could downgrade to Windows 10 Pro using the generic key under step 1. You'll still be using the same version that you currently have installed, but you will be able to update to the latest version and build via Windows Update.

When it's finished downgrading, you could try to activate Windows 10 Pro with your Windows 7 Pro or Ultimate key. If unsuccessful, you may need to purchase a Windows 10 Pro key from the Store to use to activate with.

Brink, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Downgrade Windows 10 enterprise to Pro

Hi Sumit,

Thanks for your quick response and help, But I was told that if I inserted the Windows 10 Pro product key into the activation section it will be downgraded automatically like the following steps:

1. Open the Settings app and click Update & Security.
    2. Open Activation and click Change product key.
    3. Enter your Windows 10 Professional product key and click Next.
    4. Restart the computer after the new product key is activated.
    Can this be helpful ?

Ahmed Samir_959, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Home and Transfer Key

windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Home and Transfer Key

1. Downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Home and Transfer Key - Similar Threads - Downgrade Pro Home

2. Lost key, can't downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost key, can't downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Home: Hi,My pc died after power switch during updating the system.I managed to reinstall system, but by mistake I installed Win ProI don't have key for that, so watermark is still on my screen, sadly I lost it with super old pc box.When I'm getting to activation of my key there's...
  3. Lost key, can't downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost key, can't downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Home: Hi,My pc died after power switch during updating the system.I managed to reinstall system, but by mistake I installed Win ProI don't have key for that, so watermark is still on my screen, sadly I lost it with super old pc box.When I'm getting to activation of my key there's...
  4. Lost key, can't downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Home Key Transfer to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home Key Transfer to Windows 10 Pro: I have old Laptop with Windows 10 Home installed. I also have VM installed on the old machine with Windows 10 Home Key. Now I bought a new laptop with Windows 10 Pro. I want to install VMs on Windows 10 Pro. Is there anyway, i can upgrade Windows 10 Home VM key to Windows 10...
  6. Windows 10 Pro downgrade to Home without Home product key?

Windows 10 Pro downgrade to Home without Home product key?: I have a laptop which I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Home. However, since the upgrade, I have not been able to connect to wireless hard disks, including a Seagate hard disk which a lot of important files are stored. How do I downgrade from Pro back to Home,...
  7. Downgrade windows 10 pro to home

Downgrade windows 10 pro to home: I recently upgraded from windows 10 home to pro but now i want to revert it and before upgrade i made a system image so can it revert my changes and my old licence of home edition ?...
  8. Windows 10 Pro Key Downgraded to Home

Windows 10 Pro Key Downgraded to Home: Yes, the title looks dumb but it really happened, I reinstalled my Windows using the .iso, everything ran smoothly no activation prompt just a fresh install of Windows 10 I thought, but It wasn't. I found out that my Windows 10 Pro license got downgraded to a Home Single...
  9. Windows 10 pro downgraded to home

Windows 10 pro downgraded to home: One of our laptops have a watermark for activating Windows. The troubleshooter told me I have to fill in a home license. Thats strange because it is a 10 pro laptop. He downgraded itself? On Google I found out it was a bug of Microsoft and it should be fixed. But not...
  10. Windows evaluation to downgrade windows 10 pro or Home keys

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows evaluation to downgrade windows 10 pro or Home keys: Hi , I have installed windows Evaluation enterprise version for 90 days into 20 students laptops. I just got the licences keys for windows 10 Pro. Now is there any way out that i could go for windows pro downgrades , i dont want to uninstall or format as i have many...