Windows 10: Downgrade

Discus and support Downgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A Humble request Can anyone tell me how to downgrade from an inactive version of windows 10 enterprise to the preinstalled windows 10 home single... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SYAMANTHAKNAMBIAR, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Downgrade

A Humble request

Can anyone tell me how to downgrade from an inactive version of windows 10 enterprise to the preinstalled windows 10 home single language

Thanking you in anticipation

P.S please reply as early as possible

It is very urgent

I require it urgently

:)

SYAMANTHAKNAMBIAR, Aug 4, 2020

2. bsod after downgrading from windows 10 to windows 7

Hello there, tom.
    I would try these:
    • Get your Windows 7 media device and reinstall Windows
    • Try auto-repair
    • Follow these steps:

1. Put in your Windows 10 media device, boot into the USB
    2. Select your language and keyboard input, then click next.
    3. Click "Repair this computer"
    4. Go to "Advanced options"
    5. click system restore
    6. Select a restore point before you downgraded to Windows 7.
    Hope I helped!

AbAppletic, Aug 4, 2020
  3. karel Win User
    Downgrading from a pirated Windows OS

You've already mangled your existing operating system by upgrading to a pirated version of Windows 10. Use your Windows 8.1 disk to do a new installation of your original Windows 8.1 operating system. If you have saved the product key from your original Windows 8.1 operating system, then use that product key again to install Windows 8.1.

You can downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 8, by following the instructions in the answers to this question: How can I downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 8?. Why not downgrade the pirated Windows 10 to Windows 8 instead and then change the product key and upgrade legally back to Windows 10? There are two reasons for not doing it this way:

1. Your new Windows 10 can inherit problems from the pirated version of Windows 10.
    2. It's a two-step process to install Windows 8.1 and upgrade to Windows 10 instead of a four-step cumulative history: Windows 8.1 -> pirated Windows 10 -> downgrade pirated Windows 10 to Windows 8.1 -> upgrade to Windows 10. Even though the two-step method doesn't save any time, it still eliminates two unnecessary steps.

karel, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Downgrade

Product Key not valid for downgrade

The problem is Microsoft never handled it.

Downgrade rights is handled by Lenovo, etc.

This is the information I saved before Microsoft pulled it:

Here is the information about Downgrade rights. It is an old Microsoft link which they removed but the information still apples>

Device Partner Center

Downgrade rights for Windows software
    The following OEM versions of Windows software are eligible for downgrade rights.

[table][tr][td]Windows 10 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 8.1 Pro
    • Windows 7 Professional
    [/td][td]Windows 8.1 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 7 Professional
    • Windows Vista Business
    [/td][td]Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate include downgrade rights to:
    • Windows Vista Business and Windows Vista Ultimate
    • Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, or Windows XP x64 Edition
    Note Other OEM Windows 7 versions (for example, Windows 7 Home Basic and Windows 7 Home Premium) do not include downgrade rights.[/td][/tr][/table]

Note downgrade rights are only available as long as Microsoft provides support for that earlier version,
    as outlined in the
    Windows lifecycle fact sheet

Steps for an end user to downgrade Windows software
    To downgrade eligible Windows software, end users must:

• Purchase a PC preinstalled with Windows software.
    • Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
    • Perform the downgrade process to the eligible downgrade product using the media/key from a genuine, previously licensed OEM or retail product.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

That's why I advise you to contact Lenovo.

Bill Smithers, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Downgrade

1. Downgrade - Similar Threads - Downgrade

2. I have issues after downgrading my laptop from windows 11 to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have issues after downgrading my laptop from windows 11 to 10: I went back to windows 10,Icons for apps work perfectly fine, but icons like start, notification, wifi, volume, battery etc doesn't work keyboard icon worksI don't get any error codes or messages...
  3. I have issues after downgrading my laptop from windows 11 to 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have issues after downgrading my laptop from windows 11 to 10: I went back to windows 10,Icons for apps work perfectly fine, but icons like start, notification, wifi, volume, battery etc doesn't work keyboard icon worksI don't get any error codes or messages...
  4. Is it possible to downgrade Windows XP to 98 without a previous installation of 98?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to downgrade Windows XP to 98 without a previous installation of 98?: Or at least how to manually uninstall Windows XP & its components. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-downgrade-windows-xp-to-98/efe8f5dd-8682-4826-b184-f16771203400
  5. Is it possible to downgrade Windows XP to 98 without a previous installation of 98?

Is it possible to downgrade Windows XP to 98 without a previous installation of 98?: Or at least how to manually uninstall Windows XP & its components. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-downgrade-windows-xp-to-98/efe8f5dd-8682-4826-b184-f16771203400
  6. downgrading from win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    downgrading from win11: ive been trying to downgrade from windows 11, but since it has been past 10 days ive been trying to use installation media but it seems to keep failing and im not sure what to do....
  7. downgrading from win11

downgrading from win11: ive been trying to downgrade from windows 11, but since it has been past 10 days ive been trying to use installation media but it seems to keep failing and im not sure what to do....
  8. How do I downgrade from Windows 11 without any data loss?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I downgrade from Windows 11 without any data loss?: Hi there, I want to downgrade to Windows 10 without any data loss. I upgraded to Windows 11 about 2 years ago but now i really dislike it, how can I downgrade with NO loss of anything? When Microsoft says ‘no personal files are lost’, it seems really vague, what do i lose?...
  9. How do I downgrade from Windows 11 without any data loss?

How do I downgrade from Windows 11 without any data loss?: Hi there, I want to downgrade to Windows 10 without any data loss. I upgraded to Windows 11 about 2 years ago but now i really dislike it, how can I downgrade with NO loss of anything? When Microsoft says ‘no personal files are lost’, it seems really vague, what do i lose?...
  10. I just want to downgrade Windows 10

I just want to downgrade Windows 10: Ok, I was asking my brother to buy me a Minecraft game, but he told me to upgrade Windows 11 that he can buy me a Minecraft game. So I upgraded. But I was worried about Windows 10. I really don't like Windows 11, it's so bad. I need to tell the engineers of Microsoft to...