Windows 10: downgraded from windows 8 to 7(pirated)

Discus and support downgraded from windows 8 to 7(pirated) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i bought my laptop 2 years ago, and it was running windows 8, i had a lot of trouble with it and decided to downgrade it to windows 7, i pirated a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jeannot, Aug 20, 2015.

1. jeannot Win User

downgraded from windows 8 to 7(pirated)

i bought my laptop 2 years ago, and it was running windows 8, i had a lot of trouble with it and decided to downgrade it to windows 7, i pirated a windows 7 ultimate edition and my computer worked ever since, now i want to upgrade to windows 10, i have the icon, i reserved my copy, but it has been downloading for more than a week, and when i click view download progress, the get windows 10 app just shuts down. is there any way for me to get a free upgrade (using the windows 8 key that came with my laptop) to windows 10?

:)

jeannot, Aug 20, 2015
  2. Alexcs165 Win User

Will pirated PCs get upgraded to Windows 10?

Do your friends have pirated versions? KMS is for pirated versions. I want know so i can decide wheter downgrading to pirated windows 7 activated with KMS will get me the upgrade or not

Alexcs165, Aug 20, 2015
  3. downgrade windows 10 to windows 8.1

i have upgraded to windows 10 from windows 8.1 (pirated), but not able to activate it so i want to downgrade to windows 8.1 .How can i do that ???

mukesh_2906, Aug 20, 2015
  4. downgraded from windows 8 to 7(pirated)

sdowney717, Aug 20, 2015
  5. chemie Win User
    assuming you used the "right one", your problem may not be the Win7 activation circumvention ie something else is stopping the upgrade.

chemie, Aug 20, 2015
  6. Just a small point..... Windows 10 will not upgrade Windows 8.0,,,,,, it will only upgrade Windows 8.1.
    And even Windows 7 must also include Service Pack 1.

So, if you have 8.0 you'll have to upgrade that to 8.1 before doing the additional upgrade to Windows 10.
    I didn't make that rule...... Microsoft did!

TechnoMage, Aug 20, 2015
  7. Not true. Look at the chart in the linked thread. Win8 DOES upgrade to Win10, just does not do it through Windows Update; instead, you have to use update media: https://www.tenforums.com/general-dis...e-upgrade.html

Mark Phelps, Aug 20, 2015
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

That is only true for the Windows Update method. Using the Media Creation Tool or Tech Bench ISO will upgrade non-SP1 Win7 and Win8.0.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. downgraded from windows 8 to 7(pirated) - Similar Threads - downgraded pirated

2. Windows Pro downgraded to Home on OEM License of Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Pro downgraded to Home on OEM License of Pro: Dell OEM license for Windows 8 pro was upgraded to 11 pro a few years ago, now It's on 11 Home. I upgraded to Win 11 Pro some years ago and it's been fine. How do I go back to 11 Pro without having to reinstall? I used ShowKeyPlus and it shows installed key as Win 10 RTM Core...
  3. Windows Pro downgraded to Home on OEM License of Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Pro downgraded to Home on OEM License of Pro: Dell OEM license for Windows 8 pro was upgraded to 11 pro a few years ago, now It's on 11 Home. I upgraded to Win 11 Pro some years ago and it's been fine. How do I go back to 11 Pro without having to reinstall? I used ShowKeyPlus and it shows installed key as Win 10 RTM Core...
  4. Does Media Creation Tool require USB to downgrade from 11?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does Media Creation Tool require USB to downgrade from 11?: I saw one article that claims you can just download the Media Creation Tool to install directly on the computer that downloaded it by clicking "upgrade this pc" if you got a new laptop that came with 11 and want to downgrade it to 10, has anyone done that successfully or do...
  5. Problem with downgrading to Windows 10 from 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with downgrading to Windows 10 from 11: I have a dell vostro 7500. I upgraded to windows 11 yesterday. And i didnt like the way windows 11 runs on my laptop, so i wanted to downgrade. Iam within the 10 day period to downgrade, buy everytime i try to do so, instead of downgrading, it boots me into troubleshoot menu....
  6. Problem with downgrading to Windows 10 from 11

Problem with downgrading to Windows 10 from 11: I have a dell vostro 7500. I upgraded to windows 11 yesterday. And i didnt like the way windows 11 runs on my laptop, so i wanted to downgrade. Iam within the 10 day period to downgrade, buy everytime i try to do so, instead of downgrading, it boots me into troubleshoot menu....
  7. Is it possible to downgrade Windows Vista 64-bit to Windows XP 32-bit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to downgrade Windows Vista 64-bit to Windows XP 32-bit?: And if I can't just downgrade, is it possible to do it some other way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-downgrade-windows-vista-64-bit/db58e592-acb0-452a-826b-9369cb51a9fa
  8. Is it possible to downgrade Windows Vista 64-bit to Windows XP 32-bit?

Is it possible to downgrade Windows Vista 64-bit to Windows XP 32-bit?: And if I can't just downgrade, is it possible to do it some other way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-downgrade-windows-vista-64-bit/db58e592-acb0-452a-826b-9369cb51a9fa
  9. How do I downgrade from DX12 to DX11?

How do I downgrade from DX12 to DX11?: I want to run Project Nova but apon opening I get a white box that tells me I need DX11 Level 10 to run it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-downgrade-from-dx12-to-dx11/bc3068a9-ba71-4201-96ae-b4b894e5ff1f
  10. I want to downgrade from a pirated version of Windows 10 Pro to a legitimate OEM copy of...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I want to downgrade from a pirated version of Windows 10 Pro to a legitimate OEM copy of...: So I bought a used HP OMEN 15 (2017) from a reseller a while ago and it seems that the reseller had illegitimately upgraded Windows to Pro and a bundled a couple pirated software that I didn't want. So I reset the installation and shrugged it off. Of course the illegitimate...