Windows 10: Downgraded Win-10 to Win-8.1 by Mistake- How to Reactivate Win-10 After Fresh Re-install

Discus and support Downgraded Win-10 to Win-8.1 by Mistake- How to Reactivate Win-10 After Fresh Re-install in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I had win-10 but downgraded to win-8 by mistake (In process of repairing bad disk). If I wipe my HHD out and re-install Win-10 how can I activate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RK In UK, Oct 30, 2018.

1. RK In UK Win User

Downgraded Win-10 to Win-8.1 by Mistake- How to Reactivate Win-10 After Fresh Re-install

Hi,

I had win-10 but downgraded to win-8 by mistake (In process of repairing bad disk). If I wipe my HHD out and re-install Win-10 how can I activate it for free? or If I replace the current bad HDD with new one and re-install Win-10, how can I use my old Win-10 activation?

Can someone advise please?

:)

RK In UK, Oct 30, 2018

2. Fresh Install of Win 10 without Serial Key?

Looking to reformat a laptops HDD, and then reinstall Win 10 fresh. The problem is it came pre-installed with Win 8 and I did the free upgrade to Win 10. How exactly would I re-format the HDD, reinstall Win 10 and ensure it reactivates properly? I don't see a Win 8 serial key anywhere in the contents of the box.

Flogger23m, Oct 30, 2018
  3. RealNeil Win User
    Win 10 boots...

I can't answer to the speed of Win-8 booting. I tried the Win-8 preview and went back to Win-7 after a month. They say that Win-8.1 is a lot better than Win-8 was.
    My Win-10 TP is working well ATM.

RealNeil, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Downgraded Win-10 to Win-8.1 by Mistake- How to Reactivate Win-10 After Fresh Re-install

Win 10 boots...

People have Win 10 installed?

Easy Rhino, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

Downgraded Win-10 to Win-8.1 by Mistake- How to Reactivate Win-10 After Fresh Re-install

1. Downgraded Win-10 to Win-8.1 by Mistake- How to Reactivate Win-10 After Fresh Re-install - Similar Threads - Downgraded Mistake Reactivate

2. Downgrade Win 11 to win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downgrade Win 11 to win 10: DearHow to downgrade to win 10 from win 11. Without go back buttonIf I reinstall win 10 will the license still active https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-win-11-to-win-10/2089c9a4-d757-4ca4-a8d7-e50808a07f56
  3. Downgrade Win 11 to win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downgrade Win 11 to win 10: DearHow to downgrade to win 10 from win 11. Without go back buttonIf I reinstall win 10 will the license still active https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-win-11-to-win-10/2089c9a4-d757-4ca4-a8d7-e50808a07f56
  4. Fresh install of Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh install of Win 10: I have an 2014 vintage ASUS Transformer that I would like to wipe clean and buy/install Windows 10. The problem is the original Win 8.1 install seems to be corrupt. It will not update, and if I try to refresh or reinstall, it wants the installation media, which I do not have....
  5. Re install win 10

Re install win 10: Hello, I purchased a new hp probook 4730s some time ago, it had windows 10 pre installed, but i did not like the format, so i had a new windows 7 pro insalled on a new 250 gb ssd clean install i did not retain the original win 10 hard drive. now the support for win 7 has...
  6. Re-installation of Win 10

Re-installation of Win 10: I have windows 10. My laptop is affected by MEDS virus which encrypt all the data along with Recovery Drive (D:). I want to install again windows 10 in my laptop so that recovery files become a new files without MEDS encryption. Windows Reset is done but still there is MEDS...
  7. Downgrade Win 10 to Win 7

Downgrade Win 10 to Win 7: Hello everyone! I am having a lot of trouble with this new refurbish computer I bought from Amazon. It has Win 10 installed through the seller, I didn't realized how hard it is to learn. All my games such as card games from multiple web sites can't be played on this computer....
  8. Fresh Win 10 Pro install and RAID 1

Fresh Win 10 Pro install and RAID 1: I have an MSI 990FXA-GB80 MoBo. I just installed two Crucial 500gig SSD's into my case and SATA3 to my MoBo. My previous SSD, a Mushkin, got corrupted and died and I lost my recent data. SO, I decided I would do RAID 1 this time with the two Crucial SSD's. I have 16 gig of...
  9. Fresh Install Win 10

Fresh Install Win 10: My two PC were free upgraded to Win 10 last year. I want to re install the Win 10 on one of that PC due to virus in that PC which is not getting removed. My question is, how to re install Win 10 and how it will be activated. Do I need to note down some thing from this PC to...
  10. Re-install Win 10

Re-install Win 10: Hi all, A tear ago microsoft offered a free upgrade to win 10. so , i downloaded and installed. Since then it was working very well but recently i encouter some issues and I'd like to reinstall windows 10. Is it possible to do so with my current software or do i have to...