Windows 10: downgrading back to windows 7. no windows.old please help!

Discus and support downgrading back to windows 7. no windows.old please help! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have lately decided to upgrade to win10 with an old-timer. However, mainly because of the HDD and the old processor, it takes very long to boot up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Shivader, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Shivader Win User

downgrading back to windows 7. no windows.old please help!

I have lately decided to upgrade to win10 with an old-timer. However, mainly because of the HDD and the old processor, it takes very long to boot up and wake from sleep. Around 30-2 mins. I never had this problem when it was win7, so I decided to revert.However, by the time I decided to do so, it has been over 10 days and the windows.old file is automatically deleted. All 30 or so GB of it. However, I did make a system image and backup of the computer into an external hard disk during the first 10 days I upgraded. So here are the questions:1 Will the system detect the restored windows.old if

:)

Shivader, Jul 30, 2021
  2. malware Win User

Microsoft Windows 7 Will Allow Downgrades too

Even though there's still some time left before the official release of Windows 7, Microsoft - the creator of this OS - confirmed today that just like some Windows Vista distributions could be downgraded to Windows XP with ease, the same will apply to Windows 7. General users of Windows 7 will be given the option of downgrading right over Vista to Windows XP, a Microsoft spokesperson has confirmed.
    "This is not the first time that Microsoft has offered downgrade rights to a version other than its immediate predecessor," the spokesperson told Betanews, "and our Software Assurance customers can always downgrade to any previous version of Windows."
    Microsoft hasn't detailed exactly how downgrade rights will work with Windows 7 - for now we know that Windows 7 will be downgradable to either Windows Vista or Windows XP - the rest of the details remain unclear.

Source: Betanews

malware, Jul 30, 2021
  3. bsod after downgrading from windows 10 to windows 7

Hello there, tom.
    I would try these:
    • Get your Windows 7 media device and reinstall Windows
    • Try auto-repair
    • Follow these steps:

1. Put in your Windows 10 media device, boot into the USB
    2. Select your language and keyboard input, then click next.
    3. Click "Repair this computer"
    4. Go to "Advanced options"
    5. click system restore
    6. Select a restore point before you downgraded to Windows 7.
    Hope I helped!

AbAppletic, Jul 30, 2021
  4. downgrading back to windows 7. no windows.old please help!

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

downgrading back to windows 7. no windows.old please help!

1. downgrading back to windows 7. no windows.old please help! - Similar Threads - downgrading old please

2. Downgrade to window 7??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downgrade to window 7??: Hi,Currently I am using window 10 "Windows 10 Home Single Language" in my personal laptop. Please let me know if it is possible to downgrade the same to window 7.1. From a long time, I am facing slowness and due to that I am not even using 50% of my disk capacity.2. It...
  3. Downgrade to window 7??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrade to window 7??: Hi,Currently I am using window 10 "Windows 10 Home Single Language" in my personal laptop. Please let me know if it is possible to downgrade the same to window 7.1. From a long time, I am facing slowness and due to that I am not even using 50% of my disk capacity.2. It...
  4. Downgrade to the Windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downgrade to the Windows 7: My computer came with Windows 7, which I love. I wanted to try Windows 10, so I did the backup & got no error messages & it said the backup was complete. Next, I installed windows 10 with no problem, but I don't like it and want to go back to windows 7. When I try to restore...
  5. Windows 7 Downgrade

Windows 7 Downgrade: I have a Canon MP240 Pixma printer. I was told by Canon that I need to downgrade to Windows 7 to get a driver so my printer will work. Please tell me how I can do that. It is critical....
  6. downgrading windows 10 back to original Windows 7

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    downgrading windows 10 back to original Windows 7: I built a PC specific PC to try out Windows 10. I installed Win 7 and then the free upgrade to 10. After several updates I have lost patience with 10 and wish to return to the original 7 installation. I have the original Win 7 disc and am aware of the new product key issued...
  7. Help downgrading to Windows 7

Help downgrading to Windows 7: Hello everybody, Recently I attempted to use the Windows 10 feature of downgrading to and restoring Windows 7. However when in the process of restoring Windows 7 my computer freezes. Any help to prevent this, or to stop the process entirely so that I could use an alternate...
  8. Downgrade To Windows 7???

Downgrade To Windows 7???: Is it possible to "unallocate" my Hard Drive and Install and run Windows 7? I'm wondering if my pre-installed windows 10 hardware will "warmly welcome" the downgrade install with "open arms"? What complications might I encounter? Are there any preliminary actions I...
  9. Downgrade to Windows 7

Downgrade to Windows 7: I have found it necessary to Downgrade back to W7 from the W10 upgrade. Selecting Settings/Update & Security/Recovery does not present me with "Go Back to Windows 7". I am presented with "Advanced Startup" and then "Restart Now" Can anybody please help 55460
  10. Need help downgrading to windows 7

Need help downgrading to windows 7: I get this message whenever I try to downgrade There is NO other accounts, I already checked. I also typed this in CMD just to make sure "Net user administrator /active:no HELP !! 16211