Windows 10: downgrading from Win 10 to 7 and then upgrade back to Win 10

Discus and support downgrading from Win 10 to 7 and then upgrade back to Win 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a laptop that came with Windows 7. I used the free upgrade to Windows 10 a while back. I need to downgrade to Windows 7 for a period of time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by repartist, Jun 20, 2019.

1. repartist Win User

downgrading from Win 10 to 7 and then upgrade back to Win 10

I have a laptop that came with Windows 7. I used the free upgrade to Windows 10 a while back. I need to downgrade to Windows 7 for a period of time due to a software that doesn't work in 10. After I use the software I will need to upgrade back to 10. I can't find a license key for Windows 10 since it was an upgrade. Any thoughts on how I can do this?

:)

repartist, Jun 20, 2019

2. DOWNGRADE TO WIN 7 ULTIMATE and UPGRADE TO WIN 10 PRO

I refer to the following Microsoft Community Team’s query:

“……Remember that question you asked on
    Microsoft Community
    a few days ago?

Title:
    DOWNGRADE TO WIN 7 ULTIMATE and UPGRADE TO WIN 10 PRO

We noticed that the question hasn't been marked as Answered yet and we were wondering if you resolved the issue.

The issue “DOWNGRADE TO WIN 7 ULTIMATE and UPGRADE TO WIN 10 PRO” is unanswered. The suggestion to refer to the link

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-specifications
    does not answer my query as well. I knew the prerequisites of upgrading to Win 10 from either Win 7 Ultimate or Win 8.1 Home as I have read the min. requirements/machine
    specifications to upgrade directly either from the aforesaid OSes beforehand. The issue is whether from Win 8.1 Home downgrade to Win 7 Ultimate and from thereafter upgrade to Win 10 Pro possible without technicality issues. Nevertheless, since I cannot wait
    for either a reply to the abovementioned issue (or my reservation to upgrade from Win 8.1 Home), I then gathered/downloaded bits and pieces of probable drivers for my machine, formatted my HDD (1TB) for more than 18 hours, clean install Win 7 Ultimate SP1,
    activated using my previously purchased license and ran Windows afterwards, ran updates until repetitive error (around 25 KB updates failed to install many times) popped up during tiresome cyclic updates process. Fed-up with the errors after failed tries to
    source answers from Microsoft Community, I tried my luck by upgrading to Win 10 Pro. After couple of days, viola, I have upgraded to Win 10 Pro finally, whew! Now I am running this machine with Win 10 Pro for a couple of days now, being up to date and running
    very well. Hopefully no problem/s will arise.

Thank to those suggestions though.

TheGragasins, Jun 20, 2019
  3. Upgrade to win 10 again after downgrade from win 10 to win 7

Hello,

I have just upgraded from Win 7 pro to Win 10 pro but encounter some problems. Now I am considering to downgrade back to Win 7.

My question is: After downgrading to Win 7, can I get free upgrade to Win 10 again? Will the one-year free upgrade period still stand?

Thank you for your advice.

Luu CanhDieu, Jun 20, 2019
  4. AndyChess Win User

Win 10 downgrade to win 7

Hello there,

I recently upgraded my win to 10 but I am not really happy with so I wanted to downgrade it back to 7.

The whole problem is that the option go back to win 7 doesn't work as system says that files of win 7 were removed.

i didn't remove anything and win 10 was installed 4 days ago.

Any solution for that?

AndyChess, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

1. downgrading from Win 10 to 7 and then upgrade back to Win 10 - Similar Threads - downgrading upgrade

2. Upgrade or downgrade win 10 education to windows pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade or downgrade win 10 education to windows pro: Hi My PC is installed with windows 10 education i want to change it to windows 10 Pro kindly help me in doing this with out loosing my application installed and the files in my system....
  3. Upgrading home to pro, then later downgrading to home for sale

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading home to pro, then later downgrading to home for sale: I am planning on buying new laptop which comes with Windows 10 Home edition preinstalled. After that I plan on upgrading the windows to Pro version. To my understanding I just buy the upgrade key and that is it. However, most likely in next 2-3 years, I would buy new...
  4. Windows 10 version downgrade/upgrade with existing keys between to PCs

Windows 10 version downgrade/upgrade with existing keys between to PCs: Hi guys, I have two windows products installed on my laptops. One has Win 10 Pro and another Win 10 Home versions. Both laptops have genuine licences but I need to upgrade more powerful one with Pro version installed on the laptop with basic hardware. Is it okay to swap...
  5. Windows 10 license downgraded to Windows 7, now need to be upgraded to Windows 10. Same...

Windows 10 license downgraded to Windows 7, now need to be upgraded to Windows 10. Same...: I have a situation in where we had Windows 10 license which was downgraded to use with Windows 7 to match the software compatibility on the computer, now the same computer need to be upgraded to Windows 10. Can I use the old Windows 10 License ?...
  6. Upgraded to W10, downgraded to W7 unconventionally, won't activate

Upgraded to W10, downgraded to W7 unconventionally, won't activate: This is kinda a Windows 7 question, but I think Windows 10 might have changed my product key and now it's incompatible with 7 or something. Basically, I 'upgraded' W7 to W10 a while back and exceeded my W7 rollback date (wanted a clean install anyway) so I looked around and...
  7. Please help. W7 activation issue after downgrade and SSD upgrade

Please help. W7 activation issue after downgrade and SSD upgrade: Hi all, I just bought a Lenovo X140e, which comes with Windows 7 Professional preinstalled through downgrade rights from Windows 8 Pro. I setup the computer fine under W7, then proceeded to install W10 so I could get the "hardware license" for Windows 10. At the moment, I...
  8. Still possible to get the free upgrade, after downgrading to Windows7?

in Windows 10 Support
    Still possible to get the free upgrade, after downgrading to Windows7?: Couldn't find a good answer to this one. If someone upgraded from Window 7 to Windows 10 (before July 29 this year) and then reverted back to Windows 7 (also before July 29 this year). Will they still be able to upgrade to Windows 10 again for free, now that the...
  9. Can I downgrade to windows 8.1 and later upgrade again to windows 10?

Can I downgrade to windows 8.1 and later upgrade again to windows 10?: Hello everyone *Smile Forgive me if this is the wrong section to ask this, or if this has already been asked, because after searching for quite a while, I couldn't find any satisfactory answer. I am using HP 15-ab031tx notebook, and it came with windows 8.1 single...
  10. 8.1 Pro-x64 to 10 Pro-x64 locked out after upgrade cannot downgrade

8.1 Pro-x64 to 10 Pro-x64 locked out after upgrade cannot downgrade: I was running 8.1 Pro on a cheap Acer box (i3 + 8gb ddr3 + 512gb SSD) as Administrator. I had forgotten that once upon a time I had the machine hooked up to a TV --which means that I had created a user "TV User" probably with the password in the "hint" or "forgot password"...