Windows 10: Downgrading from Win 11 to Win 10 without clean install again.

Discus and support Downgrading from Win 11 to Win 10 without clean install again. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello there, For various reasons , I am now inclined to downgrade from Win 11 to Win 10. I wanted to know the process of how to do it without having to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Irfan Morshed, May 24, 2024.

1. Downgrading from Win 11 to Win 10 without clean install again.

Hello there, For various reasons , I am now inclined to downgrade from Win 11 to Win 10. I wanted to know the process of how to do it without having to clean install . I have previously heard of this method, but I want to avoid it as much as possible . Help regarding the issue will be very much appreaciable. Thank you,

:)

Irfan Morshed, May 24, 2024
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

downgrade win 11 to win 10

I just reran the Media Creation Tool that I just downloaded a few minutes ago. It took less than three minutes to create the ISO file on my medium powered computer with NVMe SSD and 500 Mbps internet connection. Maybe try restarting your computer and downloading a fresh Media Creation Tool? Make sure to note where the ISO file is stored at the last step:
    Downgrading from Win 11 to Win 10 without clean install again. 362754d1647970258t-downgrade-win-11-win-10-a-capture1.jpg

Downgrading from Win 11 to Win 10 without clean install again. 362755d1647970281t-downgrade-win-11-win-10-a-capture2.jpg

Downgrading from Win 11 to Win 10 without clean install again. 362756d1647970293t-downgrade-win-11-win-10-a-capture3.jpg

Downgrading from Win 11 to Win 10 without clean install again. 362757d1647970304t-downgrade-win-11-win-10-a-capture4.jpg

NavyLCDR, May 24, 2024
  3. Downgrade Win 11 to win 10

Dear

How to downgrade to win 10 from win 11. Without go back button

If I reinstall win 10 will the license still active

Bunyaminamyn, May 24, 2024
  4. kajson Win User

Downgrading from Win 11 to Win 10 without clean install again.

Win 10 clean install question

So I spend the day yesterday installing the computer, using a prepared usb key with windows 10 on it.

I got it all sorted in the end but I'll share my fails anyways so others might learn:

Do not try to do a clean install win with win 10 home N, when you come from a machine with just win 10 home. It won't activate *Wink Downgrading from Win 11 to Win 10 without clean install again. ;) After reinstalling with the right copy, it was already activated right away after the first boot, didn't even have to initialise it.

There hasn't changed a whole lot in making clean install compared to older versions of windows, it's slightly better streamlined, though being asked at 3 different stages to enter a product key when it's not needed during install seems a bit annoying.

Further more it would be lovely if Microsoft finally learned to ask ALL questions regarding preferences updates and whatnot in one go, so you can then go away from your computer and come back to a fully installed/updated system including reboots.. Not impossible I would say.

There's still some little bugs, like when I installed realtek audio drivers, they'd go into an infinite loop asking for reboot and install the driver. And as a PDF reader isn't in the list of standard programs to select, foxitreader keeps saying it is not the default reader for pdf's even though I had said yes to the question 3x. If this fails to get file associations for PDF's I do hope Microsoft will fix this asap.

Thanks for the fast answers earlier guys, it gave me the confidence that all would be well, even when I cocked up the first install with the N version.

kajson, May 24, 2024
Thema:

Downgrading from Win 11 to Win 10 without clean install again.

1. Downgrading from Win 11 to Win 10 without clean install again. - Similar Threads - Downgrading without clean

2. Downgrading from Win 11 to Win 10 without clean install again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downgrading from Win 11 to Win 10 without clean install again.: Hello there, For various reasons , I am now inclined to downgrade from Win 11 to Win 10. I wanted to know the process of how to do it without having to clean install . I have previously heard of this method, but I want to avoid it as much as possible . Help regarding the...
  3. Downgrade from Win 11 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downgrade from Win 11 to Win 10: Hi, I wanted do downgrade from Win11 to Win10 but it can‘t. I entered a loading screen where I get told that they try to restore my previous version of Windows. After a certain time, I get told that an error has occurded: Ntfs.sys. I don t even have the possibility to run my...
  4. Downgrade from Win 11 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downgrade from Win 11 to Win 10: Hi, I wanted do downgrade from Win11 to Win10 but it can‘t. I entered a loading screen where I get told that they try to restore my previous version of Windows. After a certain time, I get told that an error has occurded: Ntfs.sys. I don t even have the possibility to run my...
  5. Doing a clean install of Win 10 from 11?

Doing a clean install of Win 10 from 11?: So I want to go back to Windows 10 64 bit pro as I've just had too many issues with Windows 11. As it's well past the 10 days I know I'd need to do a clean install of Windows 10 and start fresh. What steps would I need to take to purge Windows 11 off my OS drive and Gaming...
  6. Downgrade Win 11 to win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downgrade Win 11 to win 10: DearHow to downgrade to win 10 from win 11. Without go back buttonIf I reinstall win 10 will the license still active https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-win-11-to-win-10/2089c9a4-d757-4ca4-a8d7-e50808a07f56
  7. Downgrade Win 11 to win 10

Downgrade Win 11 to win 10: DearHow to downgrade to win 10 from win 11. Without go back buttonIf I reinstall win 10 will the license still active https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-win-11-to-win-10/2089c9a4-d757-4ca4-a8d7-e50808a07f56
  8. Updating with a clean install to Win 11 from 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating with a clean install to Win 11 from 10: I wish to use my Windows 10 Pro upgrade option to Windows 11 and would like a clean install, VIA. Diskpart "Clean" hard drive , "Standard Format" and check hard drive for errors while formatting. Then complete the upgrade to Windows 11 Pro. I realize my question is not...
  9. Updating with a clean install to Win 11 from 10

Updating with a clean install to Win 11 from 10: I wish to use my Windows 10 Pro upgrade option to Windows 11 and would like a clean install, VIA. Diskpart "Clean" hard drive , "Standard Format" and check hard drive for errors while formatting. Then complete the upgrade to Windows 11 Pro. I realize my question is not...
  10. Problems in Win 10 after downgrade from Win 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems in Win 10 after downgrade from Win 11: I updated my Windows 10 laptop to Windows 11 Beta Insider Build today and downgraded back to Win 10 after using it for a couple hours. After downgrading from Win 11, Windows seems to have corrupted or something.After downgrading I deleted all the files in...