Windows 10: Downgrading from Windows 10 Pro to Home edition

Discus and support Downgrading from Windows 10 Pro to Home edition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I some how accidentally installed Windows 10 Pro instead of home edition that I have key/license for. I have tried doing the Registry edits in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LeeTait, May 25, 2021.

1. LeeTait Win User

Downgrading from Windows 10 Pro to Home edition

I some how accidentally installed Windows 10 Pro instead of home edition that I have key/license for. I have tried doing the Registry edits in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion and the other path as well but when I run the windows setup from the Media creation tool, it only shows Windows 10 Pro.&n

:)

LeeTait, May 25, 2021
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Windows 10 pro edition

Hello Raed,

For us to better assist you with your concern about upgrading to Windows 10 pro edition and how to roll back to Windows 7, we would like to know some additional information first:

• Did you get any error messages or error codes?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To help you on upgrading your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, we suggest that you check this

article
    for information and troubleshooting steps.

You can follow the steps provided below to be able to downgrade to Windows 7:

• Open Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • Click Recovery tab.
    • Look for the option to "Go back to Windows 7/8", and click on "Get Started" to begin the process.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, May 25, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    How to Downgrade Windows 10 Pro To Home Edition

Ah, I see where your problem comes from. One step before that, choose 'Create installation media for another PC'. It will offer by default to create media in the version appropriate to your PC. Run the install from that media and you will be offered the choice of Home or Pro.

Downgrading from Windows 10 Pro to Home edition [​IMG]

4. Downgrading from Windows 10 Pro to Home edition

windows 10 ESD downgrade to windows 7 pro

Your question is very confusing.

So you have a software download of Windows 10 Pro with no product key.

Is that correct?

Then you say:

1. I dont wanna use windows 10, i need use windwos 7 pro

2. need a purchase license only windows 10 pro

3. how i can activate this license key(windows 10 pro ESD) on my PC with windows 7 pro?

4. I dont wanna use windows 10, i need use windwos 7 pro

If you already have Windows 7 why download Windows 10 Pro if you don't want to use Windows 10 Pro??

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

If by some chance you mean that you bought Windows 10 Pro and you want to downgrade it for free to Windows 7 Pro, you can't.

Windows 10 Pro had to be a preinstalled OEM license.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Here is the information about Downgrade rights. It is an old Microsoft link which they removed but the information still apples>

Device Partner Center

Downgrade rights for Windows software
    The following OEM versions of Windows software are eligible for downgrade rights.

[table][tr][td]Windows 10 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 8.1 Pro
    • Windows 7 Professional
    [/td][td]Windows 8.1 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 7 Professional
    • Windows Vista Business
    [/td][td]Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate include downgrade rights to:
    • Windows Vista Business and Windows Vista Ultimate
    • Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, or Windows XP x64 Edition
    Note Other OEM Windows 7 versions (for example, Windows 7 Home Basic and Windows 7 Home Premium) do not include downgrade rights.[/td][/tr][/table]

Note downgrade rights are only available as long as Microsoft provides support for that earlier version,
    as outlined in the
    Windows lifecycle fact sheet

Steps for an end user to downgrade Windows software

To downgrade eligible Windows software, end users must:

• Purchase a PC preinstalled with Windows software.
    • Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
    • Perform the downgrade process to the eligible downgrade product using the media/key from a genuine, previously licensed OEM or retail product.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Bill Smithers, May 25, 2021
Thema:

Downgrading from Windows 10 Pro to Home edition

1. Downgrading from Windows 10 Pro to Home edition - Similar Threads - Downgrading Pro Home

2. Windows 10 downgrade from pro to home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 downgrade from pro to home: Hi. I unwittingly upgraded from Win7 to Win10 Pro instead of Win10Home the free one. Now I cannot activate due no licence key. How do I downgrade to Win10 Home the free one? TIA...
  3. Is it possible to downgrade Windows 10 Pro to the Home edition?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is it possible to downgrade Windows 10 Pro to the Home edition?: I have a computer that has Windows 10 Pro that I want to donate to a charitable foundation that houses and educates at-risk teenagers. The Director does not want the students to have access to the Pro version of Windows 10; all his existing computers have the Home version...
  4. Downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to HOME Edition.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to HOME Edition.: I have a Dell Xps 8900 I purchased several years ago that came with Windows 7 Pro. I recently updated to Windows 10 Pro, but I want Windows 10 HOME Edition. Can this be done, and if so, how???...
  5. Downgrading Windows 10 Pro Edition To Home Edition...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Downgrading Windows 10 Pro Edition To Home Edition...: I recently just finished building my dream pc & managed to get Windows 10 on it without any actual "issues". The only thing I didn't realize until later on was that I originally intended to get Windows 10Home edition & instead I have the Windows 10 Pro edition which I don't...
  6. How to downgrade Windows from Windows 10 PRO to Windows 10 Home Edition

How to downgrade Windows from Windows 10 PRO to Windows 10 Home Edition: I bought a new laptop which came with Windows 10 Home edition. My son somehow installed Windows 10 Pro on it. Now the windows's activation status shows "Windows is not activated" and the Troubleshooting tool displays the following message; "We found a Windows 10 Home...
  7. Downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Home

Downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Home: My laptop originally came with Windows 10 Home Single Language. However, I wanted to upgrade to Pro and I used the generic Windows product key to upgrade. Then, I found out that I didn't need the Pro features so I now want to downgrade back to Home SL. How do I do that? 84329
  8. Downgrade from win pro to home edition

Downgrade from win pro to home edition: Hi. I got key for windows home edition, I took my pc to shop for repair but it is reformatted, they installed pro edition. Is it possible to downgrade to home edition ?. If yes how can I do this, if not what is solution ?. Please help. Thanks. 67557
  9. How to Downgrade Windows 10 Pro To Home Edition

How to Downgrade Windows 10 Pro To Home Edition: So my Laptop came with the home edition and I decided to upgrade to pro and tried to activate windows, but it said my key was invalid, so now I want to go back to home edition. I tried clean installing by using the media cleaner tool but it keeps reverting back to pro. Please...
  10. Downgrading Windows 10 Edition from Pro to Home without reinstalling?

Downgrading Windows 10 Edition from Pro to Home without reinstalling?: I've been looking for it for a couple of weeks, but couldn't find any answer. I'm really sorry if it's been explained already on these forums, but I haven't found it. My question is straightforward: is it possible to downgrade an edition from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10...