Windows 10: Downgrading from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home without clean install

Discus and support Downgrading from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home without clean install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I started with windows 10 home, got it free from when they first released it so I don't remember having a activation code with it. I recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Drewski01999, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Downgrading from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home without clean install

Hello,

I started with windows 10 home, got it free from when they first released it so I don't remember having a activation code with it. I recently mistakenly purchased windows 10 pro because I thought it would allow me to encrypt my laptop, but it turns out my laptop is too old (the TPM modules are version 1.0 whereas I need version 1.2 and I cant change them out since they are on the motherboard). So, I got a refund for my online purchase of windows 10 pro. I got the refund successfully, but now my computer shows that I have an inactive version of windows 10 pro, and wants me to activate it.

Can someone please help me return my computer to windows 10 home without having to do a clean install and losing all my files? '

Thanks

:)

Drewski01999, Jun 20, 2019

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Jun 20, 2019
  3. Caring1 Win User
    Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

As far as I am aware there is no Windows 10 Pro version.
    But I'd be happy to be wrong.

Caring1, Jun 20, 2019
  4. qubit Win User

Downgrading from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home without clean install

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

Where exactly did you get this "windows pro" key from? If it's off eBay or something, then perhaps you've been sold a dud key. Also, it's not clear if you mean you bought windows 10 pro or an earlier version of windows as there's no such thing as "windows pro".

Do you have an Windows 7 or 8.1? If so, install that, download the ISO with the media creation tool and burn it to disc. Then run it as an upgrade. After that, the components hash of your PC will give you a digital entitlement for a clean install, so just bought off that disc, wipe the partitions and install it clean. It will auto activate over the internet once installed.

qubit, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

Downgrading from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home without clean install

1. Downgrading from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home without clean install - Similar Threads - Downgrading Pro Home

2. Downgrade from 11 to 10 installed Home, not Pro and without asking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downgrade from 11 to 10 installed Home, not Pro and without asking: My Surface Go had Windows 10 Pro installed. I accidentally allowed Microsoft to install Windows 11 and left it too long to revert to W10. I dislike W11 enough to have gone the long way around and done a clean install of W10. Bit of a journey but successful, only to discover...
  3. Downgrade from 11 to 10 installed Home, not Pro and without asking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downgrade from 11 to 10 installed Home, not Pro and without asking: My Surface Go had Windows 10 Pro installed. I accidentally allowed Microsoft to install Windows 11 and left it too long to revert to W10. I dislike W11 enough to have gone the long way around and done a clean install of W10. Bit of a journey but successful, only to discover...
  4. Downgrade from 11 to 10 installed Home, not Pro and without asking

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can I downgrade from windows 10 pro to home without a clean wipe of windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I downgrade from windows 10 pro to home without a clean wipe of windows?: I recently bought a cracked version of windows 10 pro but for security reasons I want to get an official license from the Microsoft store. The one I am going to buy is the windows 10 home one. So is it possible to downgrade?...
  6. Can I downgrade from windows 10 pro to home without a clean wipe of windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I downgrade from windows 10 pro to home without a clean wipe of windows?: I recently bought a cracked version of windows 10 pro but for security reasons I want to get an official license from the Microsoft store. The one I am going to buy is the windows 10 home one. So is it possible to downgrade?...
  7. Can I downgrade from windows 10 pro to home without a clean wipe of windows?

8. Windows 10 downgrade from pro to home

Windows 10 downgrade from pro to home: Hi. I unwittingly upgraded from Win7 to Win10 Pro instead of Win10Home the free one. Now I cannot activate due no licence key. How do I downgrade to Win10 Home the free one? TIA...
  9. Downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Home

Downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Home: My laptop originally came with Windows 10 Home Single Language. However, I wanted to upgrade to Pro and I used the generic Windows product key to upgrade. Then, I found out that I didn't need the Pro features so I now want to downgrade back to Home SL. How do I do that? 84329
  10. Downgrading Windows 10 Edition from Pro to Home without reinstalling?

Downgrading Windows 10 Edition from Pro to Home without reinstalling?: I've been looking for it for a couple of weeks, but couldn't find any answer. I'm really sorry if it's been explained already on these forums, but I haven't found it. My question is straightforward: is it possible to downgrade an edition from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. downgrading win 10 pro to home without reinstalling windows