Windows 10: Downgrading From Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Downgrading From Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo computer (new about a year ago) that has Windows Pro on it. I believe the Windows 10 Pro is OEM, but our IT department may have put it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by EnrybJJ, Aug 30, 2019.

1. EnrybJJ Win User

Downgrading From Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home

I have a Lenovo computer (new about a year ago) that has Windows Pro on it. I believe the Windows 10 Pro is OEM, but our IT department may have put it in--not sure. They also installed Office 365 Pro. Because I sold the company, I wanted to get out from under their licenses so I bought a new office 365 Home and I bought Windows 10 Home. When I installed Office 365 Home, it seemed to take me forever, but it finally worked after I saved everything onto an external hard drive I wanted document wise and then installed 365 Home. I wanted to do the same thing with Windows 10 and made a backup of everything and then downloaded the Windows Tool onto a separate clean external hard drive. I rebooted with the external hard drive with the Windows Tool and it seemed to install the Windows 10 Home version I wanted. Sadly, when I went in to activate the new software in Settings, it rejected my new product key and it showed I was still on Windows Pro. I repeated the entire exercise and the same thing happened. What gives?

Please note, I did not reinstall any of my old documents that I saved as yet.

:)

EnrybJJ, Aug 30, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 30, 2019
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Aug 30, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Downgrading From Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Downgrading Pro Home

2. Downgrading from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrading from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home: So i have posted a topic before, i had a problem activating my windows 10 Pro, after troubleshooting, it said "We found a Windows 10 Home digital licence for this device running Windows 10 Pro. To activate using this licence, you need to install Windows 10 Home" and I have...
  3. Windows 10 downgrade from pro to home

Windows 10 downgrade from pro to home: Hi. I unwittingly upgraded from Win7 to Win10 Pro instead of Win10Home the free one. Now I cannot activate due no licence key. How do I downgrade to Win10 Home the free one? TIA...
  4. downgrade from windows 10 pro towindows 10 home

downgrade from windows 10 pro towindows 10 home: Can someone pls help me with the guidelines of the downgrade from windows 10 pro to windows 10 home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-from-windows-10-pro-towindows-10-home/430551d4-d3f7-4c0d-9582-aa8cbb61512d
  5. Downgrade from windows 10 pro to windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Downgrade from windows 10 pro to windows 10 home: I have mistakenly got my Windows 10 Home upgraded to windows 10 pro. I have my original windows 10 key so is that I can go back to windows 10 and use the same key to activate my windows 10. Also what is the process of downgrading to Windows 10....
  6. Trying to downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Home

Trying to downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Home: I recently reset my pc and accidentally installed Windows 10 Pro instead of the Home version I have a license key for. I can't find the license key, but when I run the activation troubleshooter it says I already have a digital license for it, I assume from before I reset my...
  7. Downgrade to Windows 10 Home from Windows 10 Pro

Downgrade to Windows 10 Home from Windows 10 Pro: So, I recently checked my activation tab and it shows I have Windows 10 Pro activated, but it's for 6 months only, counterfeit windows has been put on my laptop. I have a retail Windows 10 Home key, I want to downgrade to Home edition, any steps?...
  8. Downgrading from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home

Downgrading from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home: I bought a second hand laptop not too long ago, but it come with Windows 10 Pro already on it. It's now expired and I have no way to reactivate it. My question is can I buy an Activation Code for Windows 10 Home and use that or will i have to buy a new Windows 10 Pro Key? Any...
  9. Downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home

Downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home: Hello, I bought the laptop with Windows 10 Home which is digital license. Now I gave an organization to format the whole laptop and reinstall Windows 10 but they have Windows 10 Pro version with expiry. I think it need to be updated in periodic (at least in organization's...
  10. Downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Home

Downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Home: My laptop originally came with Windows 10 Home Single Language. However, I wanted to upgrade to Pro and I used the generic Windows product key to upgrade. Then, I found out that I didn't need the Pro features so I now want to downgrade back to Home SL. How do I do that? 84329