Windows 10: downgrading my WIN10 1909 system to 1607 safely?

Discus and support downgrading my WIN10 1909 system to 1607 safely? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, is there a safe way i can downgrade my computer and keep/backup my files? i have a 2016 notebook laptop (15-ak101nf#ABF) that performs really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Justlixo, Sep 27, 2020.

1. downgrading my WIN10 1909 system to 1607 safely?

Hello, is there a safe way i can downgrade my computer and keep/backup my files? i have a 2016 notebook laptop (15-ak101nf#ABF) that performs really bad when it comes to gaming with recent windows , since around 2018. Even my integrated camera F200 and also my battery doesnt work anymore, and my graphics card (gtx 950m) can hardly reach 30fps on csgo. I recently found out about differents windows versions, any help?

submitted by /u/Justlixo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Justlixo, Sep 27, 2020
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Ominae3 Win User
    Win10 1607 update issues

I'm having issues with the Windows 10 Anniversary/1607 update. Slow response from applications and Windows Explorer, right-clicking brings up blank windows, icons occasionally don't show up on the taskbar, etc. I've tried a few steps including rolling
    back the update (the issues carried over to the previous version after uninstalling 1607) and reinstalling but with no success. My once perfectly functioning PC has become a pain to operate. Any suggestions on how to get it back in shape (short of a complete
    reinstall on Win10)?

Ominae3, Sep 27, 2020
  4. downgrading my WIN10 1909 system to 1607 safely?

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

downgrading my WIN10 1909 system to 1607 safely?

1. downgrading my WIN10 1909 system to 1607 safely? - Similar Threads - downgrading WIN10 1909

2. Downgrade from 20h2 to 1909

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Downgrade from 20h2 to 1909: Hi guys, I've updated from 1909 to 20H2 through windows 10 upgrade assistant and it turned into a complete disaster(infinite bootloop with no recovery mode). So, I did a dirty reinstall(installing without formatting) of 20h2(I didn't wanted to use it, but Microsoft forced me...
  3. downgrade to windows 10 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    downgrade to windows 10 1909: Hello could you guys explain how to downgrade windows 10-2004 to windows 10-1909,the 10 days already expired,I am aware that I will wipeout all my current data....
  4. Downgrading from 1909 to 1903

Downgrading from 1909 to 1903: Does anyone know where I can find a ISO file or something to let me downgrade from 1909 to 1903? 2 days ago, i just downgraded from 2004 to 1909 but I cant find a 1903 installer.. Please help! submitted by /u/BigDaddyWolfx [link] [comments]...
  5. Help with downgrading back to 1909

Help with downgrading back to 1909: A majority of my games have been stuttering and I believe that 2004 is the cause. I reset my pc about 2 weeks ago hoping that a fresh install of 2004 would fix my problems but nothing changed. If I were to get EaseUS or something and backup my C Drive would it be possible to...
  6. Downgrade from 2004 to 1909

Downgrade from 2004 to 1909: Hi, In the past, I had forgotten that I had signed up for Windows Insider Programme. As it was already April I didn't think twice when I was upgraded to 2004. As soon as this happened my PC became more problematic. Outlook would not log into my Office 365 account (gave me a...
  7. "Downgrade" to "lower" Win10 version by System Restore possible?

"Downgrade" to "lower" Win10 version by System Restore possible?: Assume I created a SRP on a Win10 v1803 system. Later I was upgraded by automatic updates to Win10 v1903, Then after some problems in the following weeks I decided to do a System restore to the SRP I created in the past. Is this possible? Or are (in general) only SRP...
  8. "Downgrade" to "lower" Win10 version by System Restore possible?

in Windows 10 Support
    "Downgrade" to "lower" Win10 version by System Restore possible?: Assume I created a SRP on a Win10 v1803 system. Later I was upgraded by automatic updates to Win10 v1903, Then after some problems in the following weeks I decided to do a System restore to the SRP I created in the past. Is this possible? Or are (in general) only SRP...
  9. Win10 1607 update broke my customizations

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 1607 update broke my customizations: Seems the 1607 update is more of an upgrade and many customizations I had previously done have been reset to their default The first one I'm trying to fix is the volume UI. Is there a new way to change the new volume UI to the old style version? I used to be able to...
  10. Downgrading from 1703 to 1607 (no windows.old)

Downgrading from 1703 to 1607 (no windows.old): Hi, I'm having problems with the 1703 version of Windows, my laptop simply hates it: long story short, everything loads up extremely slow, games have low FPS and so on. I just want to get back to 1607. Problem is, the last time I installed Windows (back in May I believe), it...