Windows 10: Downgrading Windows 10 Edition from Pro to Home without reinstalling?

Discus and support Downgrading Windows 10 Edition from Pro to Home without reinstalling? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been looking for it for a couple of weeks, but couldn't find any answer. I'm really sorry if it's been explained already on these forums, but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by XecuteFire, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Downgrading Windows 10 Edition from Pro to Home without reinstalling?

I've been looking for it for a couple of weeks, but couldn't find any answer. I'm really sorry if it's been explained already on these forums, but I haven't found it.

My question is straightforward: is it possible to downgrade an edition from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home without having to clean reinstall?

I've been wondering why my Win10 wouldn't activate itself until I realized I installed the wrong edition.

Thanks in advance for your help, Ten Citizens.*Tongue

:)

XecuteFire, Jan 6, 2016

2. how to downgrade windows 10 pro to windows 10 home single language?

I have installed windows 10 pro version 1703(i.e. not genuine) which is not activating as I have digital licence for windows 10 home single language edition . so, how can I downgrade windows 10 pro to my previous genuine windows 10 home single language
    edition without loosing my data?

Himanshusingh2, Jan 6, 2016
  3. Downgrade from Windows 10 pro to home

how can i Downgrade from Windows 10 pro to home cause my activation key is for home edition

narsisarabian, Jan 6, 2016
  4. D3LL Win User

Downgrading Windows 10 Edition from Pro to Home without reinstalling?

D3LL, Jan 6, 2016
  5. I changed the entries in registry as mentioned. Not sure what to do next though. Any idea? Thanks, D3LL.

I tried booting from USB drive to "upgrade" to Windows 10 Home, it asked me to boot to Windows and then upgrade via my USB drive. But when I do so, it will only let me reinstall Pro. I'll try to create another media with only Home on it.

XecuteFire, Jan 6, 2016
  6. caperjack Win User
    I think you need to rollback to win 7first,mt thought is its the only way

caperjack, Jan 7, 2016
  7. It was not my first upgrade to Win10, I didn't have to roll back actually.

I went full berserker mode and decided to get rid of it. I simply clean installed Windows 10 again (for at least a tenth time already!*Confused) and made sure to select Home Edition this time.

It's all fresh and working. Thanks for your help, good guys. I will mark it as solved.

XecuteFire, Jan 7, 2016
  8. caperjack Win User

good luck and happy computing

caperjack, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Downgrading Windows 10 Edition from Pro to Home without reinstalling? - Similar Threads - Downgrading Edition Pro

2. Downgrading from Windows 10 Pro to Home edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrading from Windows 10 Pro to Home edition: I some how accidentally installed Windows 10 Pro instead of home edition that I have key/license for. I have tried doing the Registry edits in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion and the other path as well but when I run the...
  3. Is it possible to downgrade Windows 10 Pro to the Home edition?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is it possible to downgrade Windows 10 Pro to the Home edition?: I have a computer that has Windows 10 Pro that I want to donate to a charitable foundation that houses and educates at-risk teenagers. The Director does not want the students to have access to the Pro version of Windows 10; all his existing computers have the Home version...
  4. Downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to HOME Edition.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to HOME Edition.: I have a Dell Xps 8900 I purchased several years ago that came with Windows 7 Pro. I recently updated to Windows 10 Pro, but I want Windows 10 HOME Edition. Can this be done, and if so, how???...
  5. Can't Activate. Can I downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Home without reinstall?

Can't Activate. Can I downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Home without reinstall?: I had some hardware issues and had to completely clear my hard drives, clean the disks, etc. I used an install disk for Windows 10. Apparently, I had forgotten which version I used to have and chose the Windows 10 Pro version. That was apparently wrong, as I was trying to...
  6. Can't Activate. Can I downgrade from Pro to Home without reinstall?

Can't Activate. Can I downgrade from Pro to Home without reinstall?: I had some hardware issues and had to completely clear my hard drives, clean the disks, etc. I used an install disk for Windows 10. Apparently, I had forgotten which version I used to have and chose the Windows 10 Pro version. That was apparently wrong, as I was trying to...
  7. Downgrading Windows 10 Pro Edition To Home Edition...

Downgrading Windows 10 Pro Edition To Home Edition...: I recently just finished building my dream pc & managed to get Windows 10 on it without any actual "issues". The only thing I didn't realize until later on was that I originally intended to get Windows 10Home edition & instead I have the Windows 10 Pro edition which I don't...
  8. How to downgrade Windows from Windows 10 PRO to Windows 10 Home Edition

How to downgrade Windows from Windows 10 PRO to Windows 10 Home Edition: I bought a new laptop which came with Windows 10 Home edition. My son somehow installed Windows 10 Pro on it. Now the windows's activation status shows "Windows is not activated" and the Troubleshooting tool displays the following message; "We found a Windows 10 Home...
  9. Downgrade from win pro to home edition

Downgrade from win pro to home edition: Hi. I got key for windows home edition, I took my pc to shop for repair but it is reformatted, they installed pro edition. Is it possible to downgrade to home edition ?. If yes how can I do this, if not what is solution ?. Please help. Thanks. 67557
  10. How to Downgrade Windows 10 Pro To Home Edition

How to Downgrade Windows 10 Pro To Home Edition: So my Laptop came with the home edition and I decided to upgrade to pro and tried to activate windows, but it said my key was invalid, so now I want to go back to home edition. I tried clean installing by using the media cleaner tool but it keeps reverting back to pro. Please...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. downgrade windows 10 pro to home without reinstalling

2. downgrading win 10 pro to home without reinstalling windows

3. downgrade windows 10 without reinstalling

4. how to downgrade to windows 10 home without reinstalling windows