Windows 10: Downgrading Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro. Is it possible?

Discus and support Downgrading Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro. Is it possible? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a laptop with Windows 10 Enterprise installed in it. The thing is when I purchased the laptop I had no idea about any OS and how to install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jyotirmay Kumar Jha, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Downgrading Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro. Is it possible?

Hi,

I have a laptop with Windows 10 Enterprise installed in it. The thing is when I purchased the laptop I had no idea about any OS and how to install any. So, one of my elder cousins purchased a copy of the Enterprise edition and installed it on my laptop and now I want it to be downgraded to Pro version.

So, is there any way to do it without affecting my other drives other than the one in which the os is installed? If any, I request you to kindly tell me because I am a beginner in this matter.

Thanks.

:)

Jyotirmay Kumar Jha, Mar 27, 2020

2. Downgrade Windows 10 enterprise to Pro

Hello Mohamed,

Luckily, you can quickly downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro by just changing the product key to the one for Pro.

If you like, the tutorial below can show you step by step the procedure on how to do this.

Downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro

Shawn Brink, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Pro

Hello,

I need to downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro.

1. I had windows 8.1 home and upgraded to windows 10 home, using the media creation tool 1809.
    2. After windows 10 home installation , I went to Settings > Updates and Security > Activation > Go to Microsoft Store. Bought Windows 10 Pro, but instead of Install I did upgrade to workstation.
    So now I have Windows 10 Enterprise and I can't activate it, which is normal, cause I bought windows 10 Pro and not Enterprise.

How can I downgrade it to Windows 10 Pro?

Thank you in advance.

LeonidasLangouranis, Mar 27, 2020
  4. sbpetrack Win User

Downgrading Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro. Is it possible?

Downgrading Windows 10 enterprise to pro

The procedure is a bit arcane, but I have managed to convert an Enterprise Evaluation to Pro, doing it in two steps: EnterpriseEval to Enterprise (unactivated); then Enterprise (unactivated) to Pro. Details here.

(Note to the moderator/owner: apologies if this is not an appropriate post for this thread, in which case I thank you for deleting it. I posted only to update/correct the assertion quoted above.)

sbpetrack, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Downgrading Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro. Is it possible?

1. Downgrading Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro. Is it possible? - Similar Threads - Downgrading Enterprise Pro

2. Downgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 10 pro: Hello Everyone,I just want to ask can i downgrade feom windows 10 enterprise to windows 10 pro without a new product key.Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-windows-10-enterprise-to-windows-10-pro/5c4fa41a-7c97-422e-9eb7-d23dd2064adc
  3. Downgrade from windows 10 enterprise to windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Downgrade from windows 10 enterprise to windows 10 Pro: i purchased windows 10 pro on 17 April 2020 and i got windows 10 enterprise installed. can somebody help me to downgrade back to windows 10 pro or let me know how to do it....
  4. Windows 10 Enterprise downgrades to Pro Randomally

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Enterprise downgrades to Pro Randomally: Hi All, Seem to have a werid issue with a very small sub set of Windows 10 machines (all 1903). We use a KMS server, and image machines as Windows 10 enterprise, however we have noticed a few machines loosing Direct access - and when investigating them we found that they...
  5. Downgrade Windows 10 enterprise to Pro

Downgrade Windows 10 enterprise to Pro: Hi, I installed a Windows 10 enterprise by mistake and did some installations on it, it is not activated till now and I found my product key is a windows 10 Pro. Is there any way to avoid re-installing the windows to activate the pro license ?...
  6. Downgrade windows 10 enterprise to pro

Downgrade windows 10 enterprise to pro: Hi, I found this in the docs on enterprise activation: "Devices with a current Windows 10 Pro license can be seamlessly upgraded to Windows 10 Enterprise". I wonder if this works the other way too? I have a new pro license, so I would like to activate my (enterprise) Windows...
  7. Downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Pro

Downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Pro: Hello, I need to downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro. I had windows 8.1 home and upgraded to windows 10 home, using the media creation tool 1809. After windows 10 home installation , I went to Settings > Updates and Security > Activation > Go to...
  8. Downgrading Windows 10 enterprise to pro

Downgrading Windows 10 enterprise to pro: is it possible to downgrade Windows 10 enterprise to pro? At the moment i have enterprise but i have the activate windows popup in the bottom left corner of my screen. If i got a windows 10 pro key would i be able to activate windows and get rid of the popup? would doing so...
  9. Windows 10 Enterprise downgrade to Windows 10 Pro ?

Windows 10 Enterprise downgrade to Windows 10 Pro ?: I started my Windows 10 beta with the Enterprise version. How would I downgrade to the pro version? 9430
  10. Downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro: How to: Downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro How to Downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro [img] Information Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14352, deploying Windows Enterprise edition gets easier. Prior to Windows 10,...