Windows 10: Downgrading Windows 10 & keeping it from changing my drivers

Discus and support Downgrading Windows 10 & keeping it from changing my drivers in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I upgraded to Windows 10 when it was free. My laptop did fine but with subsequent upgrades the performance is very slow. Is there a way I can go back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mkj307, Sep 4, 2018.

1. mkj307 Win User

Downgrading Windows 10 & keeping it from changing my drivers

I upgraded to Windows 10 when it was free. My laptop did fine but with subsequent upgrades the performance is very slow. Is there a way I can go back to the original Windows 10 & stay there with no further upgrades? Also how can I stop Windows 10 from changing my drivers that go with my hardware? Especially my graphics are horrible with a Windows driver. I looked up the topic but it has been past the 30 days & I have no option to rollback. I am going to upload screenshots of my Windows backups so you can let me know if I could use those. Thanks.

:)

mkj307, Sep 4, 2018
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Windows 10 keeps deleting audio drivers?

Hi

Thank you for posting in Community, I understand your concern and will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. How did you come to know that your driver downgraded?

2. Which drivers do you install when your audio driver downgrade?

For now, I would suggest that you remove all the updates that you have downloaded for your audio driver, reboot the system and follow the steps below:

• Right click on the Start Menu, and select “Device Manager”.
      • Open Device Manager, double click and expand "Sound,Videos and Game controllers”
      • Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.
      • Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
        OK
        to remove the driver.
      • After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer.
      • After you have successfully uninstalled the driver, visit the manufacturer’s website, download the Windows 10 driver for your computer and check.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Downgrading Windows 10 & keeping it from changing my drivers - Similar Threads - Downgrading keeping changing

2. Windows 11 keeps changing my AMD drivers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 keeps changing my AMD drivers.: I had this issue before and i fixed it,now after reinstalling windows and doing the same steps it happens again.Im using W11 home. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-keeps-changing-my-amd-drivers/066f036f-d56f-466c-b1bc-d6626c730560
  3. downgrading from windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    downgrading from windows 10: When I upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10, I thought that I was getting an improvement, but it wasn't. Since then I have been trying to go back to windows 8.1. I haven't been able to even though I've tried hard. My question is: If I buy a 8.1 reinstalled disk and run...
  4. downgrading from windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    downgrading from windows 10: I upgrade to windows 10 about 3 mon and I really don't like it. I've trying to go back to windows 8.1 .I reset my computer to remove everything in the hope that it would go back 8.1. In setting there is no factory reset option. What can I do to go back to my favorite...
  5. Downgrading from Windows 10.

Downgrading from Windows 10.: Hello. I am currently trying to downgrade from windows 10, to 8.1 I am working on a project and i need to use Adobe Animate to do so, but my laptop like, will not run the program and ive tried everything. So i decided downgrading might help? either way, i REALLY need to...
  6. Need help to downgrade windows 10 driver from 10.0.17763.1 to 10.0.17134.1

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help to downgrade windows 10 driver from 10.0.17763.1 to 10.0.17134.1: Hi, I have a question how to downgrade windows driver from 10.0.17763.1 to 10.0.17134.1. The 10.0.17763.1 driver is pre-installed on PC, so not Roll back driver available. Many thanks if some one can help JK...
  7. Windows keeps downgrading my Realtek HD Audio Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows keeps downgrading my Realtek HD Audio Driver: it seemed i've had this concern that realtek keeps installing a driver from over 3 months ago and i've tried to stop it from installing but it keeps coming back 124768
  8. How to stop Windows 10 from downgrading my Intel Graphics Drivers?!

How to stop Windows 10 from downgrading my Intel Graphics Drivers?!: Hi all, A few days ago we received our new Zenbook 3 Deluxe (UX490UA) and updated to the latest Intel Graphics Driver (24.20.100.6194). Unfortunately, every time I try to run Windows update, it downloads the Intel Graphics Driver from 2016 (21.xxxx) So far, I have...
  9. Microsoft keeps downgrading my video drivers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft keeps downgrading my video drivers: I am very annoyed now! it has been going on for about 3 months now. I have AMD Beta Drivers installed and every time Microsoft thinks that they have a better driver for my computer and all they do is install the latest Normal Non beta drivers! Very frustrating! i don't want...
  10. Windows 10 keeps downgrading my AMD drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 keeps downgrading my AMD drivers: Hello. I have tried to install the latest BETA drivers (17.5.1) from AMD for my RX 480 video card but every time I install them, windows removes them and installs 17.1.1. I have tried literally everything from disabling driver updates in windows to using the registry...